Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Californian Elitist

There is no way they cancel the ride. It is extremely popular at Hollywood Studios. It will be a great addition to Disneyland. Personally I rather would have seen it built at DCA.

Why is there no way they’d cancel the ride?

I’m not trying to downplay the ride’s popularity, but there aren’t many rides at DHS. Of course the lines will be long. Also, a ride’s popularity doesn’t get it cloned elsewhere.

Too town is a fitting spot for this attraction. I can’t think of anywhere in DCA where this would both make sense and have space to build it.

mickEblu

I get everyone's point. Did they already start building it?

No nothing vertical. I think they had just finished with the demo of the old building. To me that tells me it will happen sometime in the future even if it’s significantly delayed. They got rid of some major infrastructure to build MMRR.

Now the TL Redo or Fantasyland expansion on the other hand might not happen in the 20’s. I expect the Avengers ride to still happen even if it’s delayed a few years. And honestly I’m ok with all of it. Nothing is just a slam dunk upgrade anymore. Well I guess the Mickey ride would have been as it’s going backstage. I’m ok with not losing DL history, the monorail not being re routed and all the Autopia trees being razed for some boring Frozen ride that takes up way too much room.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Heard from Fresh Baked that Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway as of now due to the pandemic could have been defunded. I really hope that the attraction would just be delayed and not just cancel it all together. It's the attraction I was looking forward to the most. :(
He also said that mice are really an advanced race of beings that built the Earth as a computer to generate the question to the answer 42.

BrianLo

I think rides that they've bought a significant amount of infrastructure for (steel, ride track, props) etc. - even if they aren't all constructed or on site, they will of course see through at some point.

Florida is rather well positioned for this with Guardians, Tron and obviously Rat (which is actually 90% done).

Mickey and Minnie, even with no vertical construction, is hard to say what they've already paid for and have the majority of the steel near ready to go somewhere. If they didn't get that far I really don't think they'll see it through. If they did though it behooves them to at least eventually complete the project.

lazyboy97o

I think rides that they've bought a significant amount of infrastructure for (steel, ride track, props) etc. - even if they aren't all constructed or on site, they will of course see through at some point.

Florida is rather well positioned for this with Guardians, Tron and obviously Rat (which is actually 90% done).

Mickey and Minnie, even with no vertical construction, is hard to say what they've already paid for and have the majority of the steel near ready to go somewhere. If they didn't get that far I really don't think they'll see it through. If they did though it behooves them to at least eventually complete the project.
Construction typically utilizes a lot of in time delivery so it’s doubtful they had materials for work that far out stashed away. While Disney is odd in that they will buy a lot of materials, in a typical contract a contractor usually cannot get paid for materials in storage unless there is a specific reason it was bought and stored before work commenced.

Disneylover152

If Pixar Pier was still Paradise Pier, that would be a perfect location for the ride. Entrance in the old Maliboomer loop. Now it needs to go in the atrocious Hollywood Backlot. The capacity on this ride is insane, I've heard around 2600 riders per hour (even more than Haunted Mansion, and double RSR). On moderate crowd days all the waits for the rides in DCA get really too long (Midway Mania should never be more than 45 minutes, yet on a random Monday in May, it can get up to 80 minutes).

DCA needs a lot more family rides, especially rides with no height requirements. DCA has 11/17 rides with height requirements, leaving families with little ones to ride Monster's Inc, The Little Mermaid, and a few flat rides. Meanwhile, Disneyland has only 10 attractions with height requirements, not to mention it is filled with 65 things to do, plus a bunch of entertainment.

Last edited:

mickEblu

That’s a huge chunk of land they cleared though. I think when the dust settles they re going to put something there and it will most likely be MMRR.

lazyboy97o

Would they have already started on animatronics, or other ride infrastructure/ride vehicles?
Probably not, again because there is no point in having to store stuff and it’s all stuff that goes into a box versus something like the Walt Disney World coasters where stuff needs to be build around the track.

The Grand Inquisitor

No nothing vertical. I think they had just finished with the demo of the old building. To me that tells me it will happen sometime in the future even if it’s significantly delayed. They got rid of some major infrastructure to build MMRR.

Now the TL Redo or Fantasyland expansion on the other hand might not happen in the 20’s. I expect the Avengers ride to still happen even if it’s delayed a few years. And honestly I’m ok with all of it. Nothing is just a slam dunk upgrade anymore. Well I guess the Mickey ride would have been as it’s going backstage. I’m ok with not losing DL history, the monorail not being re routed and all the Autopia trees being razed for some boring Frozen ride that takes up way too much room.
Interesting. If the project is delayed or worst case canceled could Disney put something else in that plot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom