Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

mharrington

We come up with ideas for the parks here, too. If it belongs in Imagineering, why do you keep responding with ideas for Toontown in this thread, where it doesn’t belong?

But if you’re not interested in our input, by all means, don’t create a thread here.

In this case, I did both, too. I did keep trying to say to keep this thread on track. I even did a thread about improving Donald's Boat in the Imagineering section, but nobody except me was responding to it. They wanted to keep discussing it here. It's okay to do it in small bits at a time here, but it should be minimized.

And I also tried to create a thread here, on the Disneyland section, to talk about refreshing Toontown as a whole, but it was shut down when I brought up a certain Disney news/rumors site that has evidently not been looked kindly upon here, something that I learned the hard way.

RescueTheDay

In this case, I did both, too. I did keep trying to say to keep this thread on track. I even did a thread about improving Donald's Boat in the Imagineering section, but nobody except me was responding to it. They wanted to keep discussing it here. It's okay to do it in small bits at a time here, but it should be minimized.

And I also tried to create a thread here, on the Disneyland section, to talk about refreshing Toontown as a whole, but it was shut down when I brought up a certain Disney news/rumors site that has evidently not been looked kindly upon here, something that I learned the hard way.
You try getting the thread back on topic, but then derail it once again...

Sharon&Susan

Duck Boat *Woo Hoo*
BOAT.jpg

Phroobar

I really hope the upgrade Donald's boat with some new play features. Disney could add a splash pad and some sound effect buttons.

lazyboy97o

ANAHEIM - As part of the exciting addition of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway to DISNEYLAND Park®, the Disneyland® Resort has announced more exciting changes coming to Mickey's ToonTown. November 12, 2019 will be the last day of operation for Donald's Boat to make way for an exciting new interactive water experience inspired by the hit new Disney movie ALADDIN. Guests will step into an immersive interactive desert oasis created by the wisecracking Genie portrayed by Will Smith. This exciting new addition to DISNEYLAND Park® will open as part of a brand new Mickey's ToonTown featuring Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.

mharrington

ANAHEIM - As part of the exciting addition of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway to DISNEYLAND Park®, the Disneyland® Resort has announced more exciting changes coming to Mickey's ToonTown. November 12, 2019 will be the last day of operation for Donald's Boat to make way for an exciting new interactive water experience inspired by the hit new Disney movie ALADDIN. Guests will step into an immersive interactive desert oasis created by the wisecracking Genie portrayed by Will Smith. This exciting new addition to DISNEYLAND Park® will open as part of a brand new Mickey's ToonTown featuring Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.

Again, is that sarcasm? I sure hope so, because "Aladdin" (either version) does not fit in the land at all. I even looked it up on Google and didn't find anything.

Also, while on the subject of rumored closures, I'm thinking that the entrance to the Runaway Railway is going over where City Hall is now. Ignoring any and all sarcasm and jokes about those places, assuming that the ride does go over in the City Hall area, will the ride also displace Clarabelle's Frozen Yogurt, Pluto's Dog House (serving hot dogs) and Daisy's Diner (serving pizza)? Again, no joking or sarcasm, please.

Last edited:

mharrington

😐

Of course it was a joke.

On a serious no, can we not? This thread has been off topic for a while now. The boat thing has gotten out of hand already.

I agree. To get this thread back on track, I have a question, one that I tried to ask, but did not get an answer yet:

From looking at the concept art, I'm guessing that it will replace the City Hall, using its space for the entrance. Is it possible that it will also replace the neighboring eateries (Clarabelle's Frozen Yogurt, Pluto's Dog House (serves hot dogs) and Daisy's Diner (serves pizza))? I hope not, because those are Toontown's main eateries. They're not much, I admit, just walk-up windows, but they should remain.

Phroobar

I agree. To get this thread back on track, I have a question, one that I tried to ask, but did not get an answer yet:

From looking at the concept art, I'm guessing that it will replace the City Hall, using its space for the entrance. Is it possible that it will also replace the neighboring eateries (Clarabelle's Frozen Yogurt, Pluto's Dog House (serves hot dogs) and Daisy's Diner (serves pizza))? I hope not, because those are Toontown's main eateries. They're not much, I admit, just walk-up windows, but they should remain.
My bet is they will be gone. They probably need the kitchen space for queue. All of that could be replaced with food cart or just turn Donald's boat into a fast service food.

Phroobar

Could we just drop that thing about the boat already?
What do you have against the boat? It could be the new Captain Hook's tuna restaurant. It could be turned into a fast food place with premade sandwiches and soda bottles. They could sell hot dogs in there too. It's just a place to move all the city hall food court stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom