Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I love MK on a MNSSHP night, even when we’re not staying for the party.

The park is fairly quiet throughout the day, you get to see fun costumes starting at 4:00, and then you can park hop somewhere else at 6:00.

BoarderPhreak

This is getting a bit ridiculous. Not so much that this is an add-on event even. But selling tickets 8+ months in advance! I mean, seriously. It's at that point where you almost can't do a spontaneous trip anymore. ADRs are 180 days out, FP are 60... But these "parties" are 8 months out.

Sure, sure, they won't sell out for quite a while - at least until the event gets closer. But do you take that chance? Where do you draw that line? Are these events supposed to push people over the edge in even booking a trip, thinking they can jump on the opportunity of bonus time in the parks?

I don't know. I enjoy planning WDW trips as much as the next person - to a degree. 🙄

JohnD

Before anyone asks...

2011: 20 Halloween parties: Sept - 6; Oct - 13; Nov - 1
2012: 22 Halloween parties: Sept - 6; Oct - 15; Nov - 1
2013: 23 Halloween parties: Sept - 7; Oct - 15; Nov - 1
2014: 26 Halloween parties: Sept - 10; Oct - 16
2015: 25 Halloween parties: Sept - 6; Oct - 18; Nov - 1
2016: 29 Halloween parties: Sept - 11; Oct - 18
2017: 32 Halloween parties: Aug - 2; Sept - 11; Oct - 18; Nov - 1
2018: 34 Halloween parties: Aug - 4; Sept - 12; Oct - 18
2019: 36 Halloween parties: Aug - 5; Sept - 12; Oct - 18; Nov - 1

I'll edit later to break those down by parties/month.

EDIT: Updated the info above. October has been steady at 18 parties since at least 2015, and at least 15 parties since 2012.

Purchasing tickets in January for a hot August summer Halloween Party. SMH

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is getting a bit ridiculous. Not so much that this is an add-on event even. But selling tickets 8+ months in advance! I mean, seriously. It's at that point where you almost can't do a spontaneous trip anymore. ADRs are 180 days out, FP are 60... But these "parties" are 8 months out.

Sure, sure, they won't sell out for quite a while - at least until the event gets closer. But do you take that chance? Where do you draw that line? Are these events supposed to push people over the edge in even booking a trip, thinking they can jump on the opportunity of bonus time in the parks?

I don't know. I enjoy planning WDW trips as much as the next person - to a degree. 🙄

I can be a negative Nelly, but even I know that you can still do a spontaneous trip and enjoy it. Are you going to get an ADR at the most popular restaurants? Are you going to get a FastPass for 7DMT? Possibly, but not likely. But I know enough to know those restaurants usually aren't worth the cost, nor is 7DMT worth wasting a FastPass on after you've done it a couple of times. IMHO, of course. Your mileage may vary. :)

So, back on-topic - It's fairly obvious that Disney is pulling things forward in an attempt to get people to book WDW vacations in 2019 - MNSSHP ticket availability now, room discounts, free dining offer... It's all about accounting and quarterly numbers.

I want to go find the pricing breakdown for each day. ;)

EDIT: Found it. $79/74, $85/80, $105/100, $115/110, $135/130. Those last three price points are all in October, with only 1 Oct. date being at the $85/80 level. Wow... I think a spreadsheet is in order to crunch numbers, but I doubt I'll have time for that until later this month.

Last edited:

Worldlover71

Putting the tickets on sale now is a business decision. Ticket sales today, even for an event not happening until October, get credited to this fiscal quarter, which is traditionally the slowest of the year. Some people already know they are going in the fall so it makes sense to get their money now to beef up the bottom line.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Before anyone asks...

2011: 20 Halloween parties: Sept - 6; Oct - 13; Nov - 1
2012: 22 Halloween parties: Sept - 6; Oct - 15; Nov - 1
2013: 23 Halloween parties: Sept - 7; Oct - 15; Nov - 1
2014: 26 Halloween parties: Sept - 10; Oct - 16
2015: 25 Halloween parties: Sept - 6; Oct - 18; Nov - 1
2016: 29 Halloween parties: Sept - 11; Oct - 18
2017: 32 Halloween parties: Aug - 2; Sept - 11; Oct - 18; Nov - 1
2018: 34 Halloween parties: Aug - 4; Sept - 12; Oct - 18
2019: 36 Halloween parties: Aug - 5; Sept - 12; Oct - 18; Nov - 1

I'll edit later to break those down by parties/month.

EDIT: Updated the info above. October has been steady at 18 parties since at least 2015, and at least 15 parties since 2012.
So it’s sucked for 4 years running. Nice!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I love MK on a MNSSHP night, even when we’re not staying for the party.

The park is fairly quiet throughout the day, you get to see fun costumes starting at 4:00, and then you can park hop somewhere else at 6:00.
Along with everyone else who didn’t feel like paying an extra $500 for the family to enjoy MK.

Tom P.

I really don't get this "hot August" thing people keep saying.

Yes, I agree August is too early to be doing Halloween stuff. But we've done Halloween parties in September and October, and it was in the 90's for both. It's not like August is going to feel like summer, but September feel like fall.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Yes, I agree August is too early to be doing Halloween stuff. But we've done Halloween parties in September and October, and it was in the 90's for both. It's not like August is going to feel like summer, but September feel like fall.

usually more humidity in august but yeah it's Florida - I was there mid-October this past year and it was in the mid 90's every day. I think we missed fall by 1 week

ToTBellHop

Original Poster

Agreed. Florida is typically hot until late October.

pvtim

Keep in mind they released the "free" dining promotion for an earlier time frame this year, so either they are trying to squeeze more from that crowd or have not gotten the usual rush for those offers.

Personally I am kind of happy about the info coming out so early, I planned a late August trip specifically to try to experience one for the first time (September and October are not an option for my family to travel)- but I also like to put up my Christmas lights in October so holiday sprawl is my favorite thing!

Tom P.

Along with everyone else who didn’t feel like paying an extra $500 for the family to enjoy MK.
We pay $500 because we enjoy the Halloween party, not to enjoy Magic Kingdom. I know this might come as a shock to some folks here, but that party actually has value to us. Yeah, $500 worth of value even. We've paid and gone to it multiple times before, and we will again.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
We pay $500 because we enjoy the Halloween party, not to enjoy Magic Kingdom. I know this might come as a shock to some folks here, but that party actually has value to us. Yeah, $500 worth of value even. We've paid and gone to it multiple times before, and we will again.
Good for you. I’m happy you find value in the parties. Once upon a time I did as well. That’s sort of irrelevant to this conversation though. 18 of 31 dates is almost 60% of the days in October that the MK closes early to regular guests. That’s IMO, unacceptable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom