News Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018

Brer Oswald

Unless guests complain, I'm sure they'll run it out for the next two months and evaluate whether to bring it back next year.

Are the female ghosts back talking to the crowds in front of the Haunted Mansion? If not, I know where their budget went...
There are people talking to crowds in front of the Haunted Mansion (a butler and a ghoulish lady of some sorts). I just don’t know if it’s the same ones you’re referring to.

DisneyYorkian74

As if there were much difference in the seasons in Florida ?

Of course Florida is not going to have the ‘difference in seasons’ in the part of the country such as Maine or Massachusetts...

Though Florida (especially northern and central Florida) most certainly does have a noticeable change in season between August and October.

Not only is there the time difference with the sun setting closer to 7 PM to make an impact, the cooler weather and lack of summer humidity are major factors I’m sure guests running around and wearing Halloween costumes really appreciate.

There have been years when Halloween night has dropped down to the mid 40’s. That’s something that’s not going to happen in the middle of August.

I thought Disney was pushing it when they started the Halloween parties on Labor Day, but apparently with the sold out opening day this year shows that there’s interest in celebrating Halloween during the summer.

MotherOfBirds

Bets on GunPowder Pete being canceled within the 1st week?

I was disappointed. The "changes" made to the attractions for the party can really only be described as half-arsed. Pete only served to make the line for PotC much longer than it had any right to be. For what they charge for these parties and what they rake in from merch/food sales, we should be getting much more.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Personally, while I don't think Gunpowder Pete or Deep Space Mountain are anything too exciting, I do think they are interesting steps into the right direction.

Live actors as a quick and simple bonus overlay for a holiday party is a fun idea that works with WDW's style and parties. They kept it small scale this year as, I'm assuming, a test. Based on reactions I'd imagine they'd do it bigger or possibly for other rides next year (I could see this idea working really well with Jungle Cruise personally).

And until Space Mountain gets the significant refurbished I desperately needs, I'd personally prefer something smaller scale like this than trying to do a half ***ed version of Ghost Galaxy. Our Space just I not set up to do it right. I'd prefer a well executed simple idea over a poorly executed better idea.

Granted, these are just my opinions based on videos and friends reactions. I'll find out for myself next week when I ride them. August is truly stupidly early for Halloween but boy does it fit well into my college schedule lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom