News Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
UPDATED

It’s January, so why not?

A little birdie told me to tell you advanced planners that 8/17/18 will be opening night this year. Four total parties in August, following on 8/24, 8/28, 8/31.

Then:
3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28 and 30 of September, 2018

2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30 and 31 of October 2018

Also, the 2 pm parade, 6 pm close for day guests test was a success and will be rolled out for both MNSSHP and MVMCP in 2018. Huzzah!

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

A little birdie told me to tell you advanced planners that 8/24/18 will be opening night this year. Three total parties in August.

Also, the 2 pm parade, 6 pm close for day guests test was a success and will be rolled out for both MNSSHP and MVMCP in 2018. Huzzah!
How far into September will they be stretching this hard-ticket event?

SamN'Dean

A little birdie told me to tell you advanced planners that 8/24/18 will be opening night this year. Three total parties in August.

Nice! This is the kind of quality heads up info that I like here. Already snagged my hotel.

Andrew Appleby

Fab, we're over for 2 weeks from the UK and quite fancy going to it so its good they're on.

I'm presuming these are that busy as its Halloween in August?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I actually like all of the planning, actually told my wife this morning that I can't wait until next month to make our DDR's so I can start hunting down the hard to get DDR's that I'm sure Im not going to get first try.
I’m excited myself. Love the party but would rather avoid pulling the kids out of school. This year the first party is before they return to school. Score!

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Great news. From your message after I'm guessing the 24th there will still be US schools still out so we may plump for the 28th as it could be a little quieter.
Most schools are back but some areas return as late as 9/4/18. It won’t be crowded across WDW at large, but a later party is certainly likely to have fewer guests. 8/24 could even sell out merely because it’s the first party and a Friday.

AndyS2992

Ridiculous. Halloween parties should not start until at least mid way through September. UK schools usually don't go back until September 6th so we'll be on Summer vacation still with Halloween being chucked down our throats. I hate how the American parks charge extra for seasonal 'parties' when Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai have the parade, fireworks costumes, trick or treating and such included with standard admission at no extra charge. I love Disney at Halloween but not in August.

mattdenine

Most schools are back but some areas return as late as 9/4/18. It won’t be crowded across WDW at large, but a later party is certainly likely to have fewer guests. 8/24 could even sell out merely because it’s the first party and a Friday.

We are there from 8/18 to 8/26 so we are excited to be able to go to a MNSSHP. Last time we went DD1 was only 3 and DD2 was only 7 months old.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Wow. I imagine MNSSHP in 2019 will start mid-August, and then eventually early August. Disney-contrived "guest demand" and all that, you know.

I live in an area where K-12 schools don't start until the day after Labor Day each year. Even still, I don't want to be seeing Halloween parties in late August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom