Michael Phelps Heros Welcome Friday

DonaldDoleWhip

The park just announced the michael phelps appearance over their PA. It was weird because Olympic-style music started playing in tomorrowland!

WildLodgeFan

I'm a huge Phelps fan too, but I'm almost 40 :animwink:. Actually though he is a nice looking young man, I really admire his sheer athletic ability. Watching him stroke through the water is absolutely poetry in motion. I'm a big fan of swimming period, so I can admire the amount of training and dedication it takes do competitive swimming.

DonaldDoleWhip

the parade ended a little while ago. It was very short, but everyone still went crazy for him (including myself). I'll try to post some pics later, but right now I'm still in MK looking for my sunglasses that I lost during the commotion.

DonaldDoleWhip

Photos now up at http://www.wdwmagic.com/magic.htm

Disney did an awesome job as usual!
Those pictures are awesome, it's like he was looking at the camera in the second one! Here's some of my pics:

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

DonaldDoleWhip

did MK play any music? did the parade do the whole DDCT new route?
There was music playing during the parade, it sounded like music from the olympics. And before the Phelps parade actually began, there was a high school marching band.

The parade actually didn't follow the new route. It started at the hub/castle and went down Main Street, so it was very short.

Kman101

Same here. Had a late night (couldn't sleep) and then ended up sleeping through my alarm.

Doesn't seem like it was too crowded. Oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom