Michael Eisner

imagineer boy

Originally posted by MartyMouse
Roy is your hero because he has painted himself as the hero who is a victim of Eisner, he is trying to manipulate the public around him by using his uncles good name. Roy lined his pockets with the Disney gold for years and never said a word until he reached the age where he was being forced to retire. There is something wrong with the Disney Company but Roy is part of the problem not the solution.

Oh brother...:rolleyes:

MartyMouse

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Oh brother...:rolleyes:

Do you doubt me?
Check Roy’s bank account he’s not hurting for cash but yet his beloved animators are out of work.
Oh yeah let me ask who was President of Feature animation as traditional animation was meeting its demise?
Oh right is was Roy.

Woody13

Re: .

Originally posted by civileng68
He (Roy) had many meetings and communications with Eisner on his feelings for years before this happened, yet you never heard of it. That's the problem. You never heard of it when Roy was on the inside trying to change it, so the share holders just kept thinking everything was beautiful when it wasnt. If Eisner has listened this would never be happening.

Do you have a source to substantiate this statement? Based upon my limited knowledge, this is in stark contrast to confirmed reports that Roy was very distant from the company and his "job" in the company.

DisneyFan 2000

Roy is your hero because he has painted himself as the hero who is a victim of Eisner, he is trying to manipulate the public around him by using his uncles good name.

Well he sure got me...
And I never heard Roy mention even once he was right because his last name is Disney.

Roy lined his pockets with the Disney gold for years and never said a word until he reached the age where he was being forced to retire. There is something wrong with the Disney Company but Roy is part of the problem not the solution.

Roy stated that he tried talking from inside the company and failed to do so. He was only forced to retire because Eisner had a personal thing against him. Eisner is behaving like a dictator and Roy won't be the only one who'll tell you this. Eisner can't draw the line between personal comments and buisness comments. As I stated many people such as Steve Jobs, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas got into fights with him because he just can't draw the line! And BTW, Roy never complained about his salary and the animation department got fired because of a decision Eisner made, not Roy. IMO Roy is the only part of the solution because no one else would dare talk.

DisneyFan 2000

And BTW, the only one being manipulated here is you. Roy always defended his arguments with solid facts and Eisner just kept telling the public it was something personal against him! So I wonder why I believe Roy and not Eisner.

pan11435

Roy always defended his arguments with solid facts and Eisner just kept telling the public it was something personal against him!

Roy never defended arguments with solid facts, but rather opinions that you believed. This is why you believe Roy.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by pan11435
Roy never defended arguments with solid facts, but rather opinions that you believed. This is why you believe Roy.

I would suggest you visit SaveDisney.com. You'll see that every financial comment has proof to back it up! Opinions are another issue..... If he wouldn't defend his comments with solid proof a large group of the shareholders would've voted for Eisner.

Dayma

Actually the momentum is not gone at all, you just don't hear about it as much on here because everyone's pretty much tired of saying anything about Eisner and then the few that support him slamming the one's that hate him.

See I think the momentum is gone since its never on the news channels anymore.....Trust me when I say that I dont exactly love Eisner but at the same time I dont think Roy is the answer.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Choose sainthood carefully

While I fully support the SaveDisney concept, Roy is not the saint and savior some make him out to be. Just as in the private sector and workplace, Monday morning quarterbacks are I dime a dozen. Anyone can point a finger and say what is done wrong or what mistakes were made after the fact.

It's a far different position making decisions and acting on them before you have assurance (called risk) Those willing to take that step are becoming increasingly rare. Whenever I hear someone tearing something down, I ask them for their solution...if they don't have have one, then I don't have time for their complaints.

So with that said, Roy is not providing ideas or solutions, just complaining. As has been discussed before, Roy followed this same approach in replacing the last CEO (to bring in Eisner).

While I too believe Eisner should move on, I need a solution to go to

DisneyFan 2000

Re: Choose sainthood carefully

Originally posted by ClemsonTigger
As has been discussed before, Roy followed this same approach in replacing the last CEO (to bring in Eisner).

And then came the "Disney Decade" :animwink: So in a strange and funny way this is the solution!

civileng68

Account Suspended

Well for me to be so wrong, I guess so ar the 43% that voted "no confidence", so if that's the case, I'll just agree to be wrong but keep fighting for what I believe.

Its just unreal to me that people still support him with the trash he is involved in on television these days. Sure Roy had parts of it but he's out, and you know what, Eisner is the CEO and the CEO is responsible for what occurrs in his company.

sunya

Eisner

Roy is your hero because he has painted himself as the hero who is a victim of Eisner, he is trying to manipulate the public around him by using his uncles good name. Roy lined his pockets with the Disney gold for years and never said a word until he reached the age where he was being forced to retire. There is something wrong with the Disney Company but Roy is part of the problem not the solution.

I agree with the quote above and would just like to add that I think(me personally) that Roy could not run a 10 ride kiddie amusement park let alone the Disney Corporation. If Michael Eisner wasn't on board all of these years Disney would not be the place that I love, it would have gone under long ago. I own Disney stock and will continue to support the brains of the operation over the nephew of Walt, who is now a whiner that has no real solutions to offer except to get Eisner out. What then Roy???? Have someone step in that doesn't have the love for Disney or the drive to see it continue like Michael Eisner does? As far as Eisner being in it just for the money, did you ever stop to consider that he has more to lose than the rest of us if Disney doesn't do well? Where was Roy's mouth when things were supposedly happening that he objected to? If he is such a big Disney Corporation player then why didn't he do more when he was on board? I believe that Roy is not the brains behind Save Disney either-he is just following Stanley Gold who has his own agenda here.

Everyone can make a few bad choices in life but you don't need to crucify the guy, he has done more good for Disney than anyone else could have in my opinion and until someone can come up with a person who can equal Eisner's love of Disney and his business savvy then I will continue to vote for him.

I know this sounds harsh but I get so tired of all of the bad press that Disney and Eisner keep getting without having it balanced out by the people who support them both. This is just my 2 cents worth!

raven

I have given Eisner every chance to prove himself that he is not what people say about him... and he has failed in my mind. His innitials are "ME" and it shows.

Only my opinion.

raven

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
OMG that's the funniest thing I've read all month! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've noticed that for years. I wonder why anyone else hasn't already.

DisneyFan 2000

Re: Eisner

Originally posted by sunya
I agree with the quote above and would just like to add that I think(me personally) that Roy could not run a 10 ride kiddie amusement park let alone the Disney Corporation.

Ummmm Roy clearly stated he has no interest in being CEO. He has a few names up his sleeve (The solution you wanted)!

And Eisner made more than a few bad choices! If every sequel was considered a bad choice (IMO very true) then we already have about fifty bad choices! :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom