Miceage 12/5 Kevin Yee:Declining by Degrees

wedway71

God Forbid you post anything positive there about Disney like I did.You get accused of being a Disney Spy or apoligist.

wedway71

All I can say is that I have been a Disney fan for years and years with my first visit to WDW being in 1971.I have been hooked ever since.I know Disney is not 100% perfect but in my opinion pretty damn close and I have faith that things will get fixed when broken and WDW will remain the most magical place in the world.
I have searched the internet far and wide and have visited thousands of Disney sites and I can say WDWMAGIC is by far my favorite for the fact that most of the guests and members are positive and upbeat about Disney.Granted we all our quirks and nitpick sometimes about the happenings at Disney but overall we are all FANS in here and that whats I like.

wedway71

Is Disney Declining by Degrees? I really dont think so. Chipped paint and burnt out lights something new? I think Disney does a great job at keeping the parks magical.Yes I do notice some issues here and there but Hell when you have the amount of people in the parks each day like Disney does its kind of hard to not miss things here and there.I think overall WDW doeds keep up generally on issues and does make decent decisions on what to offer even though I do miss some old attractions and not like all the new ones they create.
Just a note on the Declining by Degrees article. I was looking at an old pic of me and my grandparents standing in front of Dumbo circa 1976ish. 2 things I noticed in the pic.
a-my super long BRADY BUNCH haircut and plaid shorts with a bright yellow tanktop(thanks mom)
b-more importantly was the chippedpaint on the guard rail.So has WDW really lost its edge or have we now spent more time looking for imperfections?
This pic was pre-Eisner/Pressler/Rasulo days too.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Your point is....?

Everything in the report is just that; a report of what he found. If management won`t do it anymore someone has to try to get them to do something. That word `anymore` was the key; it wasn`t always like this. If guests are happy to see standards slip from the original Disney high, why should management spend money fixing the little things?

It`s the little things that add up - and the little things used to make Disney parks the exception, not the norm.

Your point is....?

My point is that individuals like him are way too negative for their own good.:(

Everything in the report is just that; a report of what he found. If management won`t do it anymore someone has to try to get them to do something. That word `anymore` was the key; it wasn`t always like this.

Maintenance problems like those, despite what many of you think, are really NOT new.

It`s the little things that add up - and the little things used to make Disney parks the exception, not the norm.

Despite this, Disney's parks are STILL the exception and always will be. Disney still maintains their parks way more than their competitors do, so please be happy for a change.

wannab@dis

Your point is....?

Everything in the report is just that; a report of what he found. If management won`t do it anymore someone has to try to get them to do something. That word `anymore` was the key; it wasn`t always like this. If guests are happy to see standards slip from the original Disney high, why should management spend money fixing the little things?

Actually... if it wasn't for the internet, most would find the parks the same or better than they were years ago. Things are not declining... just more whiners with access to an audience. The cobweb, paint, light bulb and trashcan complaints are pitiful. If that's the worse you can find when visiting Disney World, they're doing a grand job.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
AH.... wannab....I`ve missed you.

I think you mean more people showing concern and with a medium to express it on :D

disneyphillip - believe me, I am happy. I also express my opinion :wave: The maintainence problems maybe not new, but they never got as far as the average guest to see so often :wave:

Anyhow, we now have whole dedicated thread about todays MiceAge article to discuss this further. Guess I`ll see you there :)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Can I be the first to bring in a Universal comparison, oh wait it wont count cause Ive actually been to Universal.

As for declining standards, its all about perception and expectation. But the bigger the beast the more difficult it is to control .

And Mr Dis your reaappearnce just happens to coincide with another posters reappearance, I wonder if that is just a coincidence?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom