MGM starts holidays early - test for guest reaction

bgraham34

I love Christmas and look forward to seeing Decorations all over and checking out the Christmas stores here in North NJ. BUt I dont like them in October or Early Nov.

MichRX7

Premium Member
KevinPage said:
Hopefully a few others CM's can confirm this. I asked a CM in the Xmas shop at MGM why they decided to start the Osbourne Lights 2 weeks earlier than normal this year, she stated that it was a test to see guest reaction on starting the holidays earlier than normal & MGM was the only park doing it this year.

Sounded reasonable IMHO. Coincidence :confused:

OH GOOD LORD NO!

I already have to buy my kids back to school clothes the day they get out of school for the summer in June, Winter clothes in July, Halloween candy in August, attend Christmas toy sales in September, Easter baskets in January, summer clothes in February, AND NOW THIS?

SOMEONE STOP THE MADNESS...

*beep* MichRX7's mind is not available at this time, if you'd like to leave a message AFTER THE SCREAM he will respond when his sanity returns............AAAAIIIIGGGGHHHH

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Bytowner said:
And what about the people that can't go in December but can in January? Shouldn't they also be alble to see it? :p

No, because thats different, though I do see your point. My point was that there is no defined "start" to the Christmas season, though the end is pretty clear.

For example, the Salvation Army is already out trying to collect on donations. I have no problem with Christmas decorations and celebrations starting in November. But they should wait until after Halloween, for sure.

lumpydj

Decorations

We're leaving for WDW in 4 days. I'm very excited that Christmas decorations will be up while we're there. That will help get us all in the holiday spirit and when we get back, we'll be in the throws of the holiday season. I think it's perfect timing. It's kind of hard coming home from Florida and be in a holiday mode with the warm weather and all. I think this will be a great thing. However, I don't think they should decorate any earlier than this...
:xmas:

andromedaslove

I have to say that I actually am excited about the fact that the decorations are up early. Every November my kids and I take our last trip to WDW for the year, while DH goes to the FSU vs. Clemson game with his Dad. After that all of my extra money is going topay for Christmas and I don't ever get to see the Christmas decorations. When we were at WDW in Sept I got to see a taste of the Osbourne lights (they were having some sort of after hours party and had some of the lights on) and it really got me excited to see them one day. Now I get to do it this year. No better way I can think of to get myself and the kids in the Christmas mood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom