MGM or AK ???

memajajo

Magic Kingdom and Epcot are absolutely essential. But if you can only go to one more, would you pick MGM or Animal Kingdom?:veryconfu

MGM would have my vote. Everytime we go, we say we are going to devote more time to AK, but we only seem to be able to spend about 1/2 day there. If you go in hot weather, this park really holds the heat. Although Dinosaur is very cool.

Upvote 0

Elaine

MGM or Ak?

The AK is my choice. After days and days of theme parks it's relaxing. Usually our day starts at AK then MK and ends in Epcot. On our third day we do Ak then Mk and Fantasmic. Variety is the spice of life. We don't to thrill rides. The Backstage Tour of the AK is the best.

Upvote 0

Elaine

MGM or Ak?

The AK is my choice. After days and days of theme parks it's relaxing. Usually our day starts at AK then MK and ends in Epcot. On our third day we do Ak then Mk and Fantasmic. Variety is the spice of life. We don't do thrill rides. The Backstage Tour of the AK is the best.

Upvote 0

Fido

Re: MGM or Ak?

Originally posted by Elaine
The AK is my choice. After days and days of theme parks it's relaxing. Usually our day starts at AK then MK and ends in Epcot. On our third day we do Ak then Mk and Fantasmic. Variety is the spice of life. We don't do thrill rides. The Backstage Tour of the AK is the best.

You don't go to MGM at all??

Upvote 0

MKingdom25

Originally posted by dreamer

MY SUGGESTION

Consider taking a third day to just see the NON-PARK parts of DW........

When I first read this, I thought you said visit the non-Disney parks (i.e. Universal). I was thinking now why would you do that! :lol: :lol: j/k

Upvote 0

MKingdom25

I would have to pick MGM over AK. The main reason for this I have always been a big movie fan, especially all the behind scenes stuff. Everytime I go on the Backlot Tour (or the old Backstage Pass walking tour) I find it extremely interesting. Each time I go it makes me more and more interested in going into a entertainment or theme park career.

On that note, I also enjoy AK quite a bit. I could walk around all day enjoying the animals.

But overall I still pick MGM. :D

Upvote 0

MKingdom25

Originally posted by Vernonpush
If I had to choose it would be MGM. Just to see Walt's story. I haven't seen his tribute yet (44 days) but he is the reason I go.

I don't think you will be disappointed Vernonpush. It was very well done and a great exhibit for any Disney fan. In fact, because of time and who I was with I didn't even get a chance to see the film at the end. Hope to see it if I make it to WDW again soon.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

MGM over AK for me - an easy choice! (Not, mind you, that I don't enjoy AK when the weather is just right, the planets align, and I'm in the right frame of mind!:lol: )

Upvote 0

jrashadb

Two of the most enjoyable rides in WDW + The second nighttime show in WDW + a whole buncha cool stuff (Muppets, Star Tours, Brown Derby et all = The Studios in a landslide...
Although AK is pretty cool to do for a few hours or so... AK has a lot of things going for it and could actully be cool with some improvements. But that's a story for another time, I suppose.
Anyway, the Studios are much better.

Upvote 0

Mr. Toad

I'll be happy to go to either if someone would just pay my way :lol: .

This is too hard a choice for me as I love both parks. In the past I would have picked AK but on this years visit I finally rode RnR and now I find myself sitting at my desk at work wishing I was on it. I can't imagine going to WDW and not going on this ride (multiple times).

I also like the idea of the non-park parts of WDW. This is a great thing that many people don't bother with. Disney Quest is pretty cool and Cirque du Soliel is my favorite show at WDW.

Upvote 0

Jodigrl328

If I absolutely, positively had to pick one, it would be MGM. AK is definetly worth a stop though, if you could do both. There's not an abundance of things to do and can easily be done in a few hours.

At AK I always hit Dinousaur, ITTBAB, Kilamanjaro Safari, Kali River, and Festival of the Lion King(if there is time). It is such a short day you either have time to sleep in, or do a whole other activity in the same day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom