Mgm halloween party?

paul436

There certainly would be a great deal of possibilities and opportunities to explore with a Halloween party at MGM.

Maybe the reason why we haven't seen this yet is the popularity of Horror Nights over at Universal which is much more successful at getting this demographic to begin with? Just a thought.

paul436

Maybe the reason why we haven't seen this yet is the popularity of Horror Nights over at Universal which is much more successful at getting this demographic to begin with? Just a thought.
This is probably correct. Disney already has their MNSSHP at the Magic Kingdom. So to add another Halloween party they would have to go in a different direction which would lead them towards what Universal is doing. But wouldn't Disney love the competition? :lol:

JCBarbie

I think it would be cool to have the Halloween party at the studios *but* will there be enough stuff to do?

At MNSSHP I can do all of MK, and there are a lot more attractions at MK than at the studios. But how cool would it be to get in the tower elevator with different characters, now THAT is an on ride photo!

scotth1224

My wife and I were at the first MNSSHP night of 2006 and I remember seeing somewhere in writing, and of course can't remember now where, that they were going to pursue halloween parties at MGM, aimed more toward teenagers and adults....aka...Halloween Horror Nights.
Now I realize that just because something is in writing that it doesn't make it so, esp with Disney...but at least it's encouraging.

Rosso11

This is the exact reason Disney has been looking at doing a darker and scarier Halloween party at MGM. Horror nights brings in loads of money for Universal and Disney wants a piece.

profolly

Original Poster
"I think it would be cool to have the Halloween party at the studios *but* will there be enough stuff to do?"

I'm sure I read something somewhere about 'Nightmare before Christmas theme'

Vivx

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
"I think it would be cool to have the Halloween party at the studios *but* will there be enough stuff to do?"

I'm sure I read something somewhere about 'Nightmare before Christmas theme'

Vivx

The Unofficial Guide mentions the possibility of a Nightmare Before Christmas theme to this potential party.

reactiondaction

from what I have read it is supposed to be some sort of event that will be more for the older kids. A possible competition with universals idea of a scarier holloween event. Nightmare Before Christmas was seemed to be confirmed as being part of this.

lentesta

Premium Member
I believe there are internal communications at Disney that mention more hard-ticket events coming in the second half of 2007. I believe I heard about it in the context of training front-line CMs how to handle questions like "Why is the Magic Kingdom closing early so many days in 2007?"

IMHO, an adult-themed Halloween party would be a fabulous idea.

Len

hack2112

Be prepared, this is a long rant, and the first one is about HHN. You have been forewarned... Enjoy the rant!

I've been going to HHN since 2004. It's really a great event, IF you get the express passes. If you don't prepare to wait in the scariest thing they have. The Line of Hell!! But seriously, the lines can get to 3 HOURS and won't even let down until the end of the event. BUT, if you want to get an Express Pass, last year the ticket to get in was $50 for a Florida Resident, and the passes themselves were $60 per person!! The night I went they OVERSOLD the event. They used a pathway between the sound stages to direct people from Universal Studios to Islands of Adventure. They opened up Marvel Super Hero Island from 9 to 11 that night. BUT, if you want to know what's scarier than the non-friendly kid environment, the blood and gore, the alcohol in every non-employees breath, was that it's worth every penny. I didn't finish everything until 1:45 AM that night, and I went in as the event started, 5 PM. This is the ONLY time I step onto Universal property each year.

This is what Disney will have to overcome. First, they'll have to hire actors, more particularly, scare actors. They'll pretty much get the bottom of the barrel from HHN for the first couple years. Also the reason USF is able to focus their time and energy on HHN is because Universal Creative only puts out one or two new rides or shows out each year, if they get that many. On the other hand, Disney has new rides coming and going all year. There's always something going on! It would be extremely hard to find time for one haunted house let alone to match up with the seven HHN has. Sure I'd love to see a more adult themed Halloween party, they could put those useless MGM sound stages to use! But I'm trying to be realistic, if Disney was to do this, it would be an uphill battle, a straight up uphill battle.

This has been the end of my rant. Please make sure to keep all eyes on my post until it has come to a complete end. Thank you and enjoy your day here at WDW Magic!

:D Hack

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom