Mgm halloween party?

hack2112

But seriously, If Disney is hoping for an overnight success for a HHN type Halloween party, they will be sadly disappointed. I for one know that I will continue to go to HHN because:
1) I know nothing about this
2) The Scareactors will not be up to par in the first couple years
3) They have no time to do two different parties at the same time, or even 1 HHN for that matter!

They have the ones during the day like SOAP Weekend, ESPN, Star Wars but I would really like some kind of hard ticket party...Tower of Terror during Halloween! WEEE!

jedimaster1227

But seriously, If Disney is hoping for an overnight success for a HHN type Halloween party, they will be sadly disappointed. I for one know that I will continue to go to HHN because:
1) I know nothing about this
2) The Scareactors will not be up to par in the first couple years
3) They have no time to do two different parties at the same time, or even 1 HHN for that matter!

Well, for one Disney wouldn't be competing against HHN because they aim at a completely different crowd. HHN is meant to scare people, and Disney doesn't do that because it doesn't fit their image.

The last time I heard about a MGM event for after-hours was about two months ago with the prospect of a Nightmare Before Christmas event. From what I understand, three factors played into the delay of the debut/development of this event:
  1. Lack of night-ready attractions (waiting for Toy Story Mania to open)
  2. Having to either perform Fantasmic early or close the show so that the park may close earlier for the event.
  3. Lack of success with the re-release of The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D.

BiggerTigger

There is a lot that Disney can do to up D/MGM for a Halloween night.

Rock-n-Roller Coater could easily be turned into Rock-n-horror coaster in various ways by adding a new sound-track , turning off the lights, adding more smoke, etc.

Tower of Terror needs little changes but would be great with scare-actors around the hotel.

Sci-fi drive-in could offer a more seasonal menu like bat burgers and franken dogs.

There are lots more I could come up with if I could remember what the studios had and time to plus the attractions. But these are just a few of my ideas.

hack2112

Be prepared this is a rant. You have been forwewarned... Enjoy the rant!

I don't mean a MGM-Disney (Pixar in 2008??) Studios Haloween Party can't be done, but if they were to do it, they should have started in November, December at the latest. This kind of event takes time, time, and more time. Not to mention their advertising would be very hard. They would have to rid themselves of the happy, family-friendly image they pride themselves on, just to try to reclaim it in November. Even if they were to do a Nightmare Before Christmas theme, which is not that scary to a more mature audience (the target audience in this case), the theming would be hard enough on its own. They would have to make it the scary place at night, as well as the fun family-friendly zone during the day. I'm not saying "No, Disney don't!!", I'm just being realistic here. Not pessimistic, realistic.

This ends my rant. Please keep all eyes on the post until it has come to a complete and abrubt end. Thank you and enjoy your day here at WDW Magic! (Yay! I got it right this time!)

Lee

Adventurer
No time now...but later I'll rant about the cool Halloween possibilities that went along with the Villain Village concept. Very cool. :cool:

hack2112

Hmm... Villian Villiage... They could have the Villiage People's songs to welcome you. Just imagine, as you walk through the entrance you start hearing "YMCA" as you see villians scaring people everywhere. Ahh... that would be the day...

jedimaster1227

Hmm... Villian Villiage... They could have the Villiage People's songs to welcome you. Just imagine, as you walk through the entrance you start hearing "YMCA" as you see villians scaring people everywhere. Ahh... that would be the day...

I didn't think the joke was that funny... :shrug:

As for the Villain Village, I had mixed feelings when I learned about it...

disneygoof1

I would like to know more about this also. I think it would be awesome to have any kind of party at MGM like they have at Magic Kingdom.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom