MGM good place to? ? ? ? ?

In MGM what is a really good place to eat before going to fantasmic? when we go in oct we are bringing a friend that has not been to WDW in about 15 years and im trying to make this trip the best it can be...thanks for help on this

Epcot is my fav

People are going to say the Sci-Fi, i totally disagree before people start to say it....i would go with the 50's Prime Time Cafe because:

-you actually sit with your party
-you can see your food
-there is no annoying menu that you cant find something to eat
-lastily its a more enjoyable time

i know all the people that are going to post after this will disagree but oh well i put my 2 cents in............

Upvote 0

Mission: SPACE

I agree about the 50s Prime Time... or my suggestion is Mama Melrose... if you like Italian. The only downside to this is it's on the opposite side of the park than Fantasmic! is, but if you don't mind walking, it's a nice restaurant.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We are going to do Mama Melrose this year. We ate there for a lunch on our Backstage Magic tour. The wife loved it, so it's now become a must do for dinner this year.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Originally posted by Epcot is my fav

-you actually sit with your party
-you can see your food
-there is no annoying menu that you cant find something to eat
-lastily its a more enjoyable time

Epcot...you CAN sit with your party....they do have tables in the restaurant...no not the picinic tables....but regular tables sandwiched between the front and back end of the car.....ok its hard to explain....but besides the car seats and picinic tables...there are tables to sit at...

it's all in what you prefer...
are you looking for a sit down dinner....(Brown Derby, Mama Melrose, and Hollywood & Vine)
or are you looking for a fun time (Sci-Fi Dine-In and the '50s Prime Time Cafe)
Judge a restaurant by the food they offer not their "extra's"
here are some menues....
http://wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm#mgm

if I'm not mistaken....all the restauraunts mentioned still offer a PS dinner package for fantasmic...I know it's extened at least to May 30....I'd call to see if you could get it for Oct...
http://wdwig.com/fantdin1.htm

Upvote 0

mandib

Originally posted by Mirage
The Brown Derby is really good. I have only been there for lunch, but it was AWESOME:slurp:

Yes me too. It makes you feel very upscale. Our waiter was very nice too. And to disagree w/everyone I hated 50s Prime Time Cafe. Seriously 'dad' telling me to eat my green beans is not my choice of fun!

Upvote 0

disneydancer2

We had dinner at the Sci Fi and I hadn't been there in a few years..it wasn't as good as I remembered..very limited menu choices...Prime time cafe is always fun!

I was just there this past week and the three restaurants for the Fantastmic package were Mama Melrose's, Brown Derby and Hollywood and Vine. Make sure you get your PS in early especially for a larger party. We almost had to eat dinner at 3.
Also the Fantasmic packages are for the 8.30 Fantasmic. If you can wait and go to the 10 pm show. Its less crowded so you can get better seats without waiting for an hour in line. Still give 30 minutes. Have a great time!!

:wave:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

well, the sci~fi is a good place if you like that type of thing, we haven't had any problems finding something on the menu.

50's Prime Time is good too, reminds me alot of a Disneys copy of Ed Debevics (spl??) so if you don't have that type of restaurant near you then go there its alot of fun as well.

Maybe do lunch one place dinner the other. Mama Melrose we usually skip because we have so many Italian options on The Hill in St.Louis so again,its all what your friend has available around his/her home. Depends alot on age, tastes, etc. if they prefer a more "fine dining" experience then I would avoid sci fi and 50's and go w/Brown Derby...theres alot to factor before making your choice. good luck i am sure it will be great no matter what you pick!

Upvote 0

mwitkus

It's hard for any of us to really tell you where you should go since they all have their ups and downs...

We have eaten at 50's Primetime Cafe, Mama Melroses and Sci-Fi Drive In. Out of those, I would only go back to the 50's because the Sci-Fi food wasn't that good (in our opinion) and Mama Melrose's service was lack luster (and I got sick).

Hollywood Brown Derby is supposed to be incredible, but very $$$.

I would take advantage of the links that were provided already, check out their menu's and see what food appeals to you the most... If you are having a hard time deciding between 2, do lunch at one and dinner at the other...

Don't forget that some of these restaurants also give you a priority seating option for Fantasmic, which means you don't have to get to Fantasmic hours before it starts just to get a good seat.. You pay 1 flat rate and get 1 PS for both dinner and the show.. We did it last year and had pretty good seats, but it wasn't overly crowded when we were there and probably could have just taken our chances with the normal seating section..

I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever decision you make. Have fun!!!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I have to say that I did not like Sci-Fi. The menu didn't give you enough options and the price isn't worth what you will get.

I prefer the 50's Primetime Cafe much more.

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

I perfer mama melroses but my DH and the kids love he prime time, the scifi is a must once but after that forget itthefoods pretty ordinary and the setting very cramped.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If you want to have fun and enjoy a decent meal, I would suggest the 50's Prime Time. The Sci Fi food is mediocre at best, and the Brown Derby is good, but expensive and depending on what time you go and where you sit, it can get a bit loud in there.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom