MGM Getting A New Parade

JROK

Original Poster
Word on the street (from a CM in Entertainment) is that MGM is losing Stars In Motorcars in favor of the Block Party Parade at DCA... this is to add to the Pixar Character Dining for boys to go in at MGM... The parade will have smaller floats than DCA's but will be pretty much the same parade featuring Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Incredibles and Bug's Life...

disneywy

I think that would be fun if they got Block Party. I know people will moan and groan at the thought of more Pixar characters in the parks, but Block Party is a lot of fun. It might seem cheesy at times, but you get into in and have fun watching. It is more of a show than a parade. At DCA is has 3 "zones" in which it stops and the party begins with the party having sections for Toy Story, Monsters Inc and A Bugs Life.

OmegaKnight

Screw MGM getting a new parade, where is a new one for Epcot? I would rather see that first than the studios get a clone of a parade from California.

JROK

Original Poster
Well this one is gonna be more of a parade from what I was told and they're going to include the Incredibles at the end of it... they're gonna be in some sort of rock thing and pop out of it...

On a side note, I saw the Cars trailer on tv today during the Daytona 500 and it said, "A Disney Presentation of a Pixar Animation Studios Film" :veryconfu I thought by aquiring Pixar we wouldn't have to see that anymore...

wannab@dis

JROK said:
Well this one is gonna be more of a parade from what I was told and they're going to include the Incredibles at the end of it... they're gonna be in some sort of rock thing and pop out of it...

On a side note, I saw the Cars trailer on tv today during the Daytona 500 and it said, "A Disney Presentation of a Pixar Animation Studios Film" :veryconfu I thought by aquiring Pixar we wouldn't have to see that anymore...
Thanks for the info about that parade. If true, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

While it has been announced that Disney bought Pixar, I'm not sure the entire aquisition is complete. I also have a feeling that the Cars marketing campaign would have already been complete and they wouldn't go back and spend the money necessary to make changes.

Further, I believe Pixar will still continue to operate as their own division with under the name and brand of Pixar. Disney would be smart to utilize the brand recognition of Pixar for as long as possible. Pixar is known for great movies right now, so it makes good sense for them to milk it as long as possible.

wannab@dis

OmegaKnight said:
Screw MGM getting a new parade, where is a new one for Epcot? I would rather see that first than the studios get a clone of a parade from California.
:veryconfu

2 things... why so much ire against the Studios getting a new parade. It would be a good move. Second, you do realize that the Magic Kingdom started as a basic clone of Disneyland. Clones are a good idea since most people don't visit all the different parks. They also help control costs which means more money available for even more growth at all the parks.

OmegaKnight

wannab@dis said:
:veryconfu

2 things... why so much ire against the Studios getting a new parade. It would be a good move. Second, you do realize that the Magic Kingdom started as a basic clone of Disneyland. Clones are a good idea since most people don't visit all the different parks. They also help control costs which means more money available for even more growth at all the parks.
I didn't say getting BPB would be a bad idea, I said I would rather see Epcot get its own parade first before Disney worries about updating another one. I have nothing against Block Party Bash, I think its a great show and would definitely make a fantastic addition to the studios but I think Disney should prioritize returning a parade to Epcot first.

1stStarIC2nite

I hope this is true. Block Party Bash is so much fun. The best Disney parade I've seen. I caught one of the balls, too. It's a fun little souveneir :D

TimonRulz

JROK said:
Word on the street (from a CM in Entertainment) is that MGM is losing Stars In Motorcars in favor of the Block Party Parade at DCA... this is to add to the Pixar Character Dining for boys to go in at MGM... The parade will have smaller floats than DCA's but will be pretty much the same parade featuring Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Incredibles and Bug's Life...

Any idea when this would happen?

DisneyBuff

I would have to say that I would be a bit disappointed if they get an exact clone of Block Party. While Block Party was fun, I just don't see it as a parade I would want to see again and again.

As far as the Incredibles, they are already in the Block Party Parade. They are the Second Float. If I remember right there are four major floats, the Incredibles, Monster Inc, Bear in the Big Blue House and Toy Story. The theming went well with DCA I don't see it with MGM.

NTI2002

If you ask me I don't think MGM will ever have a parade as good as the Aladdin Parade. They definately out did them that year.

Figment1986

The parade worked in a park with a california theme as a way to get people energuised to come..

Disney MGM Studios is overall a studios theme park, Block party bash just would not work.. unless they were filming.. and this is part of taking a break and having fun?? that "might" work...

Magicot

OmegaKnight said:
I didn't say getting BPB would be a bad idea, I said I would rather see Epcot get its own parade first before Disney worries about updating another one. I have nothing against Block Party Bash, I think its a great show and would definitely make a fantastic addition to the studios but I think Disney should prioritize returning a parade to Epcot first.

Sooo... Block Party Bash at Epcot then!?

:lookaroun

S.E.A.

Figment1986 said:
The parade worked in a park with a california theme as a way to get people energuised to come..

Disney MGM Studios is overall a studios theme park, Block party bash just would not work.. unless they were filming.. and this is part of taking a break and having fun?? that "might" work...

you're over analyzing it, since when has the Aladdin parade or the Mulan or Zero to Hero parade ever made sense in a Studio setting?

Just be glad that a parade that's as energetic as BPB is coming to the Studios.

and to that guy comlaining about EPCOT not getting a parade first, get over it, EPCOT is gearing up for a big anniversary, have some patience and wait.

Figment1986

S.E.A. said:
you're over analyzing it, since when has the Aladdin parade or the Mulan or Zero to Hero parade ever made sense in a Studio setting?

Just be glad that a parade that's as energetic as BPB is coming to the Studios.

they were movies/animated features.... they made sence at a studio park...

but characters dancing around getting people screeming?

oh.. and BPB could work at epcot... if the floats were shaped like boats or something and it looked like they were going from country to country doing.. never mind.. wouldn't work...

S.E.A.

Figment1986 said:
they were movies/animated features.... they made sence at a studio park...

but characters dancing around getting people screeming?

they are movies/animated features.... they make sense at a studio park...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom