Mexico & France: New BGM

UNCgolf

Disney is really trying hard to completely ruin EPCOT, but adding some instrumental snippets from movie songs to the background music is innocuous. If we didn't already know what they were doing to the park it could be a foreboding harbinger, but as is, I don't mind it at all.

I wonder what other pavilions will see BGM changes. They could easily put Winnie the Pooh and/or Mary Poppins into the UK, and obviously the aforementioned Frozen into Norway -- maybe Snow White (or Tangled) to Germany? Pinocchio to Italy? Aladdin to Morocco?

dreamfinder

How about the track based on Sami music?

Personally I'd love the BGM to be traditional/"world" music for each country. I'm thinking like old history, chant, throat singing type stuff. Pretty much the type of things you wouldn't hear in a doctors office or on the radio (unless your local college radio has an anthropology professor who does a radio show at like 2AM).

SeaCastle

I fear the worst for American Adventure. They could slap any Disney (or Muppet) tunes together and claim they're "American".

I worry as well. American Adventure is my favorite of the bunch - it is just understated and lowkey enough to set the mood for the show inside and is chock full of old folk songs.

I'm not militantly anti IP in the parks but this seems pretty egregious. When I was kid, hearing the different background music was what got me into listening to folk, bluegrass, and world music. The IP intrusions into WS conditions people to relate to things through Disney IP alone. It's not necessarily sinister (or even new), but it represents a pretty cynical view by Disney of what the parks were for. If you strip everything from the parks that does not directly reflect back to Disney IP, you deflect from the parks themselves.

Cmdr_Crimson

I posted this in the meme post..But, same vibe..
disney-world-music-meme.jpg

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Surprisingly, I don’t seem to mind this. The Beauty and the Beast music is too Fantasyland sounding, but I like the Coco and Mulan arrangements.

I remember feeling the same way when Tokyo DisneySea added “Bella Notte” and some Pinocchio music to Mediterranean Harbor. Wouldn’t be surprised if those are inserted in Italy in WS.

SeaCastle

The BGM outside the land is not original. In fact I believe it is the third version

For real? What are the other two versions then?

Isn't the exterior loop the 26 minute loop that's been there since 1982 still playing, but the interior loops are the ones that have changed? There was an hour-long loop in the interior that played from 1994 til Soarin was added and the pavilion was refurbbed (excluding the Garden Grill music).

aladdin2007

Surprisingly, I don’t seem to mind this. The Beauty and the Beast music is too Fantasyland sounding, but I like the Coco and Mulan arrangements.

I remember feeling the same way when Tokyo DisneySea added “Bella Notte” and some Pinocchio music to Mediterranean Harbor. Wouldn’t be surprised if those are inserted in Italy in WS.

is there a sound clip of the new China arrangement?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom