Merry Christmas From All of Us to All of You!

Minnesota disney fan

To everyone here at WDW Magic, especially the Disneyland regulars, from Lisa and myself, may your Christmas and Holiday season be great, and that things start to get back to normal in 2021.

Merry Christmas to you and your family too:)
I was going to post a thread like this, but ad, "and please no Covid shaming". We all know what each side says ad nauseum, and no one is going to change their mind, so let's please be kind and considerate and have anice holiday.

Rich T

SQUIRREL!!!! (And other creepy characters...)

As a kid, Red Skelton was one of my favorite shows. What an amazing talent, and probably the main reason I don’t find clowns scary. Watching it as an adult, it really hits home how much work went into each episode, and how his frequent fourth-wall-breaking today seems so natural and easygoing. He also put together my very favorite collection of scary stories for kids!

B69CEBE4-A252-4527-9F91-CD203C5A1C04.jpeg

The world could sure use a well-done return of the classic variety show format. The last one I can remember seeing was the Statler Brothers Show in the 90’s.

TP2000

My Christmas Eve tradition in my house is to make a very nice cocktail and watch the 1968 Dean Martin Christmas Special. It's got fabulous celebrity guests, Dean's Golddigger girls doing song n' dance numbers, and just general frivolity. It's peak 1960's schmaltz, and it's wonderful!

I've had the DVD for years, but it's now available on YouTube for those who need an instant dose of Christmas cheer, in living color.

Stevek

My Christmas Eve tradition in my house is to make a very nice cocktail and watch the 1968 Dean Martin Christmas Special. It's got fabulous celebrity guests, Dean's Golddigger girls doing song n' dance numbers, and just general frivolity. It's peak 1960's schmaltz, and it's wonderful!

I've had the DVD for years, but it's now available on YouTube for those who need an instant dose of Christmas cheer, in living color.

Deano with a cigarette in his hand during performance. Classic Dean

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
By the way, Lisa said it was a Christmas Miracle!!! All my gifts are wrapped and under the tree before Christmas Eve!!!!

Seems like every year, I am rushing to get it done early AM on the 25th!

Looks like Breakfast Baconators for Breakfast, along with a free tray of Cinnamon Buns and Strawberry Danishes, courtesy of Toomgus!

ampm Scratch Power App - Win Prizes & Get Special Offers

Edited to add, got up at 4:40 AM to use the bathroom, and after I am done, the Toilet Fill Hose fitting decides to break, providing a nice soaking of my floor (Tiled, thank goodness with a raised lip to the bedroom). Turned off the fill valve at the wall, got the bucket of old towels and rags out and dried the floor.

So add a trip to Home Depot to the breakfast run, as soon as my wonderful Sleeping Beauty wakes up, so I can give her the news, she slept right through it!

Last edited:

TP2000

View attachment 520476
Merry Christmas everyone. Stay safe and stay healthy. Enjoy the company of your friends and family. The end of this awful year is near and we will get through this together. 24 Hours of A Christmas Story is coming soon.

Is that your light display on the front drive?!? It's fantastic!

Deano with a cigarette in his hand during performance. Classic Dean

Isn't it great?! Dean was in his early 50's here, and your post made me think "Geez, Dean sure kicked up a lot in that opening number for a smoking man his age!" And then I got suspicious... 🤣

Sure enough! I tracked Dean in that opening number and when the Golddiggers burst onto the set dressed as Santas they got Dean backstage before the big dance number! I've keyed up the video below to start at the moment the Golddiggers arrive and if you follow Dean around the set he ducks backstage about ten seconds after this clip starts and is replaced by a much younger and energetic Santa for the dance number with the girls.

Television Magic and Classic Dean! It's a true Christmas miracle! 🎅

Figments Friend

Okay, my evening just improved by 120%.

🙂

-

truecoat

Is that your light display on the front drive?!? It's fantastic!

Isn't it great?! Dean was in his early 50's here, and your post made me think "Geez, Dean sure kicked up a lot in that opening number for a smoking man his age!" And then I got suspicious... 🤣

Sure enough! I tracked Dean in that opening number and when the Golddiggers burst onto the set dressed as Santas they got Dean backstage before the big dance number! I've keyed up the video below to start at the moment the Golddiggers arrive and if you follow Dean around the set he ducks backstage about ten seconds after this clip starts and is replaced by a much younger and energetic Santa for the dance number with the girls.

Television Magic and Classic Dean! It's a true Christmas miracle! 🎅

I pulled this up last week also and noticed him run off behind the set. Nice move.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom