Merry Christmas From All of Us to All of You!

SuddenStorm

Merry Christmas to Lisa and yourself! And everyone else here in our little Disneyland corner of WDWMagic. Always appreciate the insight you provide on the forums, which is delightfully thorough and provides a different kind of commentary then fan sites typically provide. I hope everyone here is able to celebrate the holidays in a way that they feel is safe, responsible, and helps them feel connected with loved ones.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Sigh, no Midnight Mass this year.

But will be at the 3 PM Christmas Eve Mass at the Christ Cathedral, or at least in the parking lot.

It might be different, but it is still celebrating the Birth of Christ, and the celebration of Life, Faith, and Good!

A reminder to keep positive and make sure to live life to the fullest!

And to do good not just for yourself and your family, but others.

I had a good giving Tuesday, due to both of us working.

But still volunteer, and do other good deeds year round.

And for those who celebrate other things, the message is still the same, Love and Faith!

TP2000

Merry Christmas Darkbeer! And Merry Christmas to everyone here! 🎄

And don't forget 2021 is going to get better, gang! 🥳

@Darkbeer, my family are not Catholics, but a couple decades ago I had elderly family that lived near Santa Barbara. Somehow our family of Protestants made it a family tradition to spend Christmas Eve at the Santa Barbara Mission for Mass, and it was beautiful. I remember those Christmas Eves very fondly, especially now that all that family has passed away. A Christmas Eve Mass is truly a wonderful way to celebrate this special time of year.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Merry Christmas Darkbeer! And Merry Christmas to everyone here! 🎄

And don't forget 2021 is going to get better, gang! 🥳

@Darkbeer, my family are not Catholics, but a couple decades ago I had elderly family that lived near Santa Barbara. Somehow our family of Protestants made it a family tradition to spend Christmas Eve at the Santa Barbara Mission for Mass, and it was beautiful. I remember those Christmas Eves very fondly, especially now that all that family has passed away. A Christmas Eve Mass is truly a wonderful way to celebrate this special time of year.

I was lucky enough to spend a few Christmas Eve Midnight Masses at Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala. My father was friends of an artist who helped restore the Black Madonna of Częstochowa (We had a full sized replica of the Painting done by the restorer). He came to San Diego to be the head restorer for the Mission. Anyways, one year, I got tickets to the mass in the Original Church Hall. (The St. Francis chapel is a modern building that handles the volume of current Parishioners). But to be in the historic, original Hall was a amazing experience. So much history.

My Christmas will reflect on the past, We lost both my Mother, and Lisa's Mother this year (non-covid), and other friends. But we also made new friends, had births in our family and know life moves forward. We will thank our blessings, remember those we have lost, and look forward to new memories in 2021.

Life is what you make it, and you need to live life to the fullest. In my 60 years, I have done so many different things, many would be on people's bucket lists. But they just didn't happen. So get out there, have variety in your life, and don't let things get in your way. I am coming up to the 4th anniversary of my second chance of life, after being in a coma. Nothing was easy when I came back to life, but I fought to get a "close to normal" life as possible. So don't give up!

Last edited:

Figments Friend

In the Parks
Yes
Ho ho ho!

Sending some holiday cheer to all my Disneyland discussion friends here!
I do so enjoy our entertaining times on this forum, and my what a year it's been.
The saga goes on....just like that space movie, whattever it's called.

So from the snow covered frozen Northeast, I wish you all a very happy and delightfully fun couple of weeks of merriment!

❄️🌲❄️

-

smooch

Merry Christmas to everyone here! I appreciate the unique insight every single one of you brings to the forum that provides for interesting and entertaining discussions. I know this was a tough year for everyone for different reasons and I just wanted to thank every single person on this site for helping me get through this year, it has had a lot of challenging moments and I am glad I could come to this site where everyone is respectful and supportive in any discussion, Disney-related or otherwise. I hope everyone is able to have a merry Christmas and stay safe, and here's to hopefully a better year for 2021! 🎄🎅

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom