Mermaids in POTC

wagnerdanp

Original Poster
So, I just got off of POTC and the mermaid song from Pirates 4 was playing in the first scene. Additionally bubbles were on the side of the boat. Finally, there was a boat with a mermaid skeleton. Is this new? I do not recall these items a few months ago.

celluloid

Haha. The bubbles on the side of the boat part made me laugh. There are supposed to be Mermaid projections on them but the effect is not very convincing or ever really works. I don't expect it to last too much longer.

AndyS2992

Yes. New and MAGICal.

You continously write 'MAGICal' like that, what does that mean exactly? Also while I am at it, it is much faster to write DHS or MGM instead of the usual 'TPFKADMGMS' ;) lol

Anyways, I don't think the ride is that bad with the new additions. I rode PotC in Disneyland Paris the other week which has not been touched at all with movie references and found it rather drab o_O I have always been against the movie references but maybe they aren't such a bad thing. In moderation though, too many would be overkill.

I would still be against them being added to the Paris version though as it is the only remaining original 'Walt' version.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You continously write 'MAGICal' like that, what does that mean exactly? Also while I am at it, it is much faster to write DHS or MGM instead of the usual 'TPFKADMGMS' ;) lol

Anyways, I don't think the ride is that bad with the new additions. I rode PotC in Disneyland Paris the other week which has not been touched at all with movie reference and found it rather drab o_O
I rode Pirates in Paris the other month and found it to be the best version still ;)

Zipadeelady

I will gladly tell you which is better between WDW, Paris or DL. If either Andys or Marni would like to foot the bill for my research. :D

td1129

Anyways, I don't think the ride is that bad with the new additions. I rode PotC in Disneyland Paris the other week which has not been touched at all with movie references and found it rather drab o_O I have always been against the movie references but maybe they aren't such a bad thing. In moderation though, too many would be overkill.

I would still be against them being added to the Paris version though as it is the only remaining original 'Walt' version.

It means that's he's a very bitter person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom