Merlin's FINAL Sword in the Stone show

Gregory

show went well at 5pm today.... roses were given to Merlin....

Yup... I have a picture somewhere of merlin and the flowers... Also, there were a lot of management-looking people watching from the back... i think i have a picture of them, too...

It was sad, but he was very professional- didn't even mention it was his last show. He was still as funny as ever... Anyone know where he will me moved to after this?

joanna71985

Yup... I have a picture somewhere of merlin and the flowers... Also, there were a lot of management-looking people watching from the back... i think i have a picture of them, too...

It was sad, but he was very professional- didn't even mention it was his last show. He was still as funny as ever... Anyone know where he will me moved to after this?

Yup. I knew all of the managers in the back there. As for Merlin? He is going to Bermuda of course.:D

Scar Junior

I saw this thread before, read the original post and apathetically thought "oh well, I guess it's kinda sad." However, once reading the posts here and some on the links provided, I too am saddened over this loss. I had a few pictures with the sword over the years, walked by a show or two, but never got into it. I can see how it's appreciated though.

I guess that's one of the great things about the Disney parks... there's so much entertainment for various groups to enjoy (and love) some things, while others are attracted to different shows and rides. It also allows for people to see "new" things in the parks that they had never paid much attention to before. I just hope the shows that Disney puts out don't consolidate entertainment experiences. By eliminating the smaller shows such as this, they run the risk of flattening the entertainment schedule and losing some of the more humble magical memories that guests (such as earlier posters) have enjoyed for years.

Oh yeah... I also think it's great that there were MK managers around. They have dedicated many years to the parks and it is fitting to let them experience the last shows of Merlin.

Here's to hoping and trusting Disney knows what it's doing...

-Scar

LilRoo714

I just don't want them to remove the stone. I always walked by it and thought I should take a picture there, then repeatedly forgot to! :(

hankhill

Sad

This is a sad thread. The first time we went with the kids my daughter got to be in it. The last time we were down (may) I was the foil! Standing at 6'2 and 245 I was a big target to miss and merlin hit me between the eyes. I got to be the big oaf whoi couldnt pull the sword out of the stone but was retained to be the bodyguard for the small child who could. Alot of fun which will certainly be missed. :( If I can find the pic I will post it. HH

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom