Merchandise Shortage

Lilofan

Suppliers are increasing prices due to raw material costs. I am a supplier of simple basic chemicals in making paper products. I have handed out 3 rounds of price increases since January 1 just to maintain the same net income dollars while letting my margins shrink. On average, I have increased prices 40% and my margins have been cut in half.

On the extreme, many dyes used to color paper contain lithium hydroxide. This raw material price has increased 300% since Jan 1 2022 due to..... LiON battery production. So both that nice yellow hamburger wrapper and your Tesla are going to get more expensive
Just imagine if this work is all made in the USA that some wish for instead of overseas . In terms of higher pricing passed onto the consumer , be careful what one wishes for.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just imagine if this work is all made in the USA that some wish for instead of overseas . In terms of higher pricing passed onto the consumer , be careful what one wishes for.
Well I agree with you there. That shipped sailed forever ago.

Those that propose that are living in a lalaland

…they probably also were in Walmart buying a $9 vcr on Black Friday 1996 too

seascape

And what is wrong with that?
There is nothing wrong with selling a house for a profit unless you believe profits are wrong and making a profit is greedy. Also, inflation is the result of the money supply along with supply and demand. Further, without profits no one would invest because the only results would be losing your money or just getting back the same amount years into the future.

Notes from Neverland

This may not entirely fit in this thread, but the MagicBand options for guests after they book a resort reservation are terrible. Currently there's only eight to choose from.

1650485689652.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
https:///2022/04/disney-announces-supply-chain-shortage-affecting-magicbands-ab1/
I won't click on the clickbait article, but I literally laughed out loud at "beloved MagicBands". 😂 Maybe beloved by TDO due to the fact that they get so many people to buy extras of them for absolutely no reason.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
This may not entirely fit in this thread, but the MagicBand options for guests after they book a resort reservation are terrible. Currently there's only eight to choose from.

View attachment 634421
I looked this morning for my Sept trip and only 6 were available. Consider yourself lucky to have 8!

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I don’t think Disney will be able to source and distribute the MagicBand + any easier, but this should cut out a lot of outdated surplus when it rolls out.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Expect the next wave of shortages to start after summer, it’s not looking good.

How about now ? Have you been watching China's Zero Covid strategy being implemented? Pick a city, lock it down, who cares about the impact...it's the policy. It appears Sinovax isnt providing much protection from the different strains so they are just trying to minimize transmission.

That means little Jane, John, or whatever the child wants to identify as won't be getting that 30-dollar bubble wand because the factory, shipping company port will be shut down.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
How about now ? Have you been watching China's Zero Covid strategy being implemented? Pick a city, lock it down, who cares about the impact...it's the policy. It appears Sinovax isnt providing much protection from the different strains so they are just trying to minimize transmission.

That means little Jane, John, or whatever the child wants to identify as won't be getting that 30-dollar bubble wand because the factory, shipping company port will be shut down.
It’s only going to get worse

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom