Trip Report Melting! Wilderness Lodge in August

Hi friends!

We left the World a week ago, and spent a few days in St. Pete before getting back home Wednesday. I brought a nice little head cold back with me, so I've been lazy. I got all my pictures edited, so here we gooooooo!

Cast: Me & R (29 & 28)
Resort: Wilderness Lodge, standard view
Dates: August 9-13
Why?: R had a work trip from the 13-16th so we tacked on a WDW trip!

This trip was the first time we hired someone to come house/dog sit instead of taking Chipper to a family member's house. One of my student photographers stayed with him, and it went well (as far as I know...he is still alive and acting normal, so). This was right before we headed out to the airport.

I'm sure he didn't miss me making him take pictures.

We left the house at about 9:30am to head to Memphis. Our flight got delayed a bit. It was good because it gave us time to stop and get gas before we got to the airport (better than getting it when we're anxious to get home on the way back). We took off at 12:55. I was a little worried about making out Flight of Passage FP that evening, but I had my fingers crossed!

Flight was a little bumpy, but thankfully on time. We had our room text when we landed! Woot!

There was almost NO ONE at the Magical Express line, so I was worried there wouldn't be many busses. It took about 20 minutes to get on one and get going, so that's not terrible.

On our way!

We made it!

It rained all the way there, but it stopped by the time we arrived. We got there at 5:30 and headed to the room.

The room was nice enough. It wasn't spectacular, but we liked it! The best part was that we could see the castle from the balcony!

It's itty bitty in the picture, but it was a nice view! Unfortunately, we never got to watch the fireworks from the room. We almost made it the last night, but the bus was too slow (a theme on this trip).

The balcony was so tiny, and there was some kind of a truck bay outside so it was loud. I didn't spend much time out there because of those things and the heat, but it was still a cool view :)

Up next: Will we make FoP?

Doc Disney

OK clearly I got super far behind! I totally forgot we took that picture on the monorail! It was so awesome meeting you guys :)
So jealous of all your Italy pictures...I keep looking up Italy tours :)

Jenn's Tattoo (WAAAAYYYYY too sweet)
agreed!

Wagyu Striploin and House-smoked Brisket.
Did they change this? Didn't it used to be with short rib ? Maybe they are the same thing and I'm just not southern and don't know it :joyfull:

prfctlyximprct

I loved your report!!! Love your pictures, your shirts (omg orange bird), and all the parade photos! Such good ones of my man the beast :) and what a sweet ending, more MK time and your man picking the fast pass. Are you sure R isn't Prince Charming? Joe could learn a thing or too. ;)

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Here we go again!
1FB11E43-A51C-4A0B-9274-BB2188F46E50.jpeg

Started reading this and I’m already loving it’s I posted this mostly as a joke because it’s totally not a typical vacation book, but it’s so good!

Memphis airport is DEAD. So why did it take me 30+ minutes to get through security? Because they sent me through the training line :facepalm:

65C5BF68-D22A-496B-B0C3-61315E8AB92F.jpeg

The whole B side of the airport looks like this. I swear they only have like 3 gates in operation

1A5978A5-EFA2-4FF6-B671-5E9FCFB1B152.jpeg

R got me Lenny’s while I was fuming waiting for my bag.

So we’re waiting to board and there’s this guy having a LOUD conversation and dropping f bombs left and right with kids everywhere. I’ve been staring at him, but he’s not looking up. :bored:

I’ll try to post a few updates along the way but follow @waltkristiworld if you want more :D

ksr99

Here we go again!
View attachment 235766

Started reading this and I’m already loving it’s I posted this mostly as a joke because it’s totally not a typical vacation book, but it’s so good!

Memphis airport is DEAD. So why did it take me 30+ minutes to get through security? Because they sent me through the training line :facepalm:

View attachment 235765

The whole B side of the airport looks like this. I swear they only have like 3 gates in operation

View attachment 235764

R got me Lenny’s while I was fuming waiting for my bag.

So we’re waiting to board and there’s this guy having a LOUD conversation and dropping f bombs left and right with kids everywhere. I’ve been staring at him, but he’s not looking up. :bored:

I’ll try to post a few updates along the way but follow @waltkristiworld if you want more :D
We fly into Memphis Monday, in-laws live in Southaven and so I frequent that airport several times a year!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
9BAB250E-D1F4-4B00-B444-CCFE8252B6F2.jpeg
It’s been raining nonstop today so we switched our Halloween party to Monday. Since the entertainment is the reason I go, I didn’t want to risk it all be canceled!

Benefit of the rain: 35 min wait for Peter Pan and, 15 on Big Thunder and Space Mountain is basically a walk on! Glad we toughed it out.

New plan for tonight: Trader Sams and enjoy our beautiful room at the Poly!

2CD47916-BC0E-43AC-B689-4E7013BBF53D.jpeg

1AA3BB44-DFC5-4C73-8658-8963BF4BC170.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom