Meeting someone you know by chance at WDW

counselorgc

Original Poster
Random question.
Have any of you ever saw anyone you know at WDW without the knowledge that they were going to be there? Here is where this gets strange, for me anyway. I have been to WDW a total of 4 times. The first time I went, my wife and I located a long lost friend from high school outside of the Japan pavilion. The second time, at the Great Movie Ride, I spoke with a teacher colleague that worked at the same school as me. The third time we saw and spoke with one of my father's coworkers on the monorail. This last June, we ran into an old college friend of mine at Via Napoli.
We are from Tennessee, and Disney World is a dream come true for most people around the rural areas. I just find it odd that we have met people we knew every time I've been to WDW. Crazy, huh?

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Random question.
Have any of you ever saw anyone you know at WDW without the knowledge that they were going to be there? Here is where this gets strange, for me anyway. I have been to WDW a total of 4 times. The first time I went, my wife and I located a long lost friend from high school outside of the Japan pavilion. The second time, at the Great Movie Ride, I spoke with a teacher colleague that worked at the same school as me. The third time we saw and spoke with one of my father's coworkers on the monorail. This last June, we ran into an old college friend of mine at Via Napoli.
We are from Tennessee, and Disney World is a dream come true for most people around the rural areas. I just find it odd that we have met people we knew every time I've been to WDW. Crazy, huh?

Not at WDW but have ran into high school and college friends at concerts on the other side of the country before... It is a small world after all! (couldn't resist)

In all seriousness though, that's really cool! I love life's moments like that

counselorgc

Original Poster
It was definitely a great experience, but very strange at the same time. I keep asking my wife who she thinks we will see next time.;)

ImagineerDude

We find people from around our rural area (town of less than 2,000) by just talking to them after a while. And we have found many cast members from 45-minutes from our town. We actually have quite a few Disney-nuts in our school system.

"It's a small world after all"

ariel90

-I ran into some friends during sprig break
-We have run into our neighbors
-My sister saw her middle school teacher
-dad saw one of his students
And last but not least we ran into put next door neighbors

PUSH

I saw a friend of mine on one of our first trips to the World. And then on another trip I saw three of my teachers. Of course I already knew two of them were going to be there, but one was a surprise!

AintNoOtherMan

My family has, almost three times, actually. Like, 8 years ago we moved from California to Tennessee. We had just gotten there, and we were going to Hollywood Studios. While we were walking in, my sister's old friend and her family were leaving. Yup.

The other time, my online friend and I were talking. I told her that I was going to be in Epcot in 2 weeks. She thought she was, but it was really one week. :)

Another time, over my fall break, a person at my school saw me there. I didn't see him, but he told me he saw me when we went back to school.

the1nonlysinger

When I was 11, I was headed there with my parents. One of my classmates was going at the same time- I said, maybe we'll run into eachother! She kind of laughed and rolled her eyes... Ironically enough, we were getting on the boat that she was getting off of for "It's a Small World". :)

To answer your exact question though- yes, we've run into people we knew unexpectedly before, including neighbors! :)

Animaniac93-98

Once and only once at DHS (While it was still MGM). Given the numbers of times you can go and all the poeple there, it's bound to happen at least one time.

DebbieL

In August 2011, I ran in to a guy I work with in the Magic Kingdom. I was just leaving, and he and his family were just coming in.

The Mighty Tim

Someone from my school were apparently at WDW at the same time as me, many years ago, but our paths never crossed. We only found out we were there at the same time when we got back to school.

allgiggles

During our May 2009 trip we were running to get into CoP (don't judge me, it was monsoon week -- we spent most of the week wearing rain ponchos and running from one attraction to the next closest one with no line just to stay out of the rain). My son was wearing a t-shirt with the name of a local college on the front of it (visible through his Mickey rain poncho) and while I ran past the CM at the ride entrance, I heard the CM ask my son, "Do you go to XYZ University?" When my son told him he did and that we live nearby, he said, "Oh, I grew up near there, where do you live?" When my son said our town (a very small town), the CM said, "That's where I lived!" At that point I turned around and looked at the CM's name tag and discovered it was a guy I went to high school with. Hadn't seen him in 20+ years and had no idea he worked at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom