Meeting rare characters

Welsh Chick

I'm going to WDW in two weeks for what might possibly be my last time (or at least last time for a while) and I was wondering where the best places are for finding rare characters? I did all the main characters when I was younger and I fancy seeing different ones.

For example, Jimmy cricket, Abu, Genie, Toy story characters etc.

I also wondered if it's easy to see the main characters (goofy, pluto, mickey, etc.) walking around or if your best bet to the queue up and see them? Also I saw a picture of someone with Mexican Donald. I would love to meet him! Is he reguarly in Mexico in WS?

Two more quick questions....

1) When I went a few years ago Woody and Buzz didn't have soft hands and could only stamp their signature. I've seen pictures of them lately and wondered if they have changed?

2) Back in 2000 in Epcot I was walking by the entrance of WS (Canada I think) and a bus pulled up with all the main characters (Mickey, Pluto, Donald, etc) They got off and stayed for a while. Is this normal?

Sorry for all the questions guys. I'm just so exicited about my trip!! :wave:

Kirk88

The only issue this year is the new Mickie spot in the MK looks wicked cool. So we may end up with mickey twice. But again, Epcot is 1 line = all 5. MK is 1 line = 1 (or is it 2?)

If you can get the kids to hold out until the evening, the wait to see Mickey at the Theater in MK is only about 5-10 minutes. He only takes up one side. The other side has 3 Princesses. When we were there at the beginning of June the wait said 10 minute, we waited less than that, and my daughter had the time of her life with Cinderella, Aurora, & Belle! Have fun!

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Here's a (thankfully) rare character from Disney's Animal Kingdom Park - taken Easter Weekend 2004. I don't think this guy and his girlfriend have been out for several years now.

What is it/ who is he? Someone once said he looks like a turd with little wiggly white maggots. :hurl:

picture.php

Upvote 0

mimitchi33

On my last visit, I saw Woody and Buzz at the exit of Toy Story Mania. You may want to do it first thing in the morning at Hollywood Studios, since that ride is very popular.
Epcot:

Aladdin (Morocco); Alice (UK); Belle and the Beast (France); Chip and Dale (Innoventions); Donald Duck (Mexico and Character Spot); Duffy the Disney Bear (World Showcase Friendship Ambassador Gazebo); Goofy (Character Spot); Jasmine (Morocco); Marie (France); Mary Poppins (UK); Mickey Mouse (Character Spot); Minnie Mouse (Character Spot); Mulan (China); Pluto (Character Spot); Princess Aurora (France); Snow White (Germany); Tigger (UK); Tinker Bell (Pixie Hollow); Winnie the Pooh (UK); Stitch (Park Entrance); Daisy (Park Entrance)

If you are lucky, you might even see Figment near the Imagination Pavillion! I think he only appears during peak times of the year, or for very special events. The last time he was seen was in 2008, so good luck finding this elusive purple dragon for meet-and-greets!

Upvote 0

joanna71985

Here's a (thankfully) rare character from Disney's Animal Kingdom Park - taken Easter Weekend 2004. I don't think this guy and his girlfriend have been out for several years now.

What is it/ who is he? Someone once said he looks like a turd with little wiggly white maggots. :hurl:

picture.php

That's Carnataurus (and the girl was Conniesaurus). Neither have been out in years!

If you are lucky, you might even see Figment near the Imagination Pavillion! I think he only appears during peak times of the year, or for very special events. The last time he was seen was in 2008, so good luck finding this elusive purple dragon for meet-and-greets!

Figment is retired, unfortunately

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom