Meeting celebrities at WDW

rufio

Original Poster
Who have you met at WDW?

I had the pleasure of meeting the man himself, David Copperfield, at Hollywood Studios during spring break this year!

5dMye.jpg

Prince-1

Over the years I have met:

1) Anthony Daniels (C3PO) at Boardwalk
2) Dwayne Wade (Miami Heat) at Boardwalk
3) John Cena (WWE)...yes at the Boardwalk
4) Raven Symone at Animal Kingdom Lodge

rufio

Original Poster
I'm not sure whether I'm just young or sheltered, but I don't know who any of those people are... In any case, that's awesome! I never expected to meet anyone famous at WDW. Is it true that singers used to randomly come up out of the ground around the park and sing?

mergatroid

I was lucky enough to meet Jeri Ryan at the BATB show years ago, even got a hug off her :cool:

I'm not sure whether I'm just young or sheltered, but I don't know who any of those people are... In any case, that's awesome! I never expected to meet anyone famous at WDW. Is it true that singers used to randomly come up out of the ground around the park and sing?

star_trek_jeri_ryan.jpg

This ring any bells :wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Tomorrowland used to have bands that would be raised up from the Utilidors to perform at the Tomorrowland Terrace...Other than that, I can't remember any thing else resembling singers emerging from the ground. :lookaroun :shrug:

the-reason14

It's funny because I was about to post the same thing until I saw Dwayne Wade and Raven Symone. I've see quite a few people, but have never met them. I saw Gary Sinese from M:S, Kobe Bryant from, well you should know!!! Grant Hill from NBA and wife/singer Tamia. And that's about all I can remember.

mergatroid

Tomorrowland used to have bands that would be raised up from the Utilidors to perform at the Tomorrowland Terrace...Other than that, I can't remember any thing else resembling singers emerging from the ground. :lookaroun :shrug:

Remember that, it's where Sonny Eclipse is based now.

yensid67

OK, this will prolly stimp the younins in here, but I met...

1- 'N Sync when they were just NOTHNG @ Epcot
2- Shawn Colvin
3- Natatiana Ali(from The Cosby Show)
4- Colin Raye
5- The biggest of those was Diana Ross herself! I was working in Pasta Piazza(don't think it exisits any longer?) and she cam through with her family and stopped to ask what the quickest way to the front of the park was(during Illuminations...guess she wanted to make a quick exit while everyone's attention was drawn to the sky!?) I told here the quickest way to get out, I asked if they enjoyed their day, we chatted for a few more minutes and POOF! she was gone! My friend came over and asked if I had goosebumps? I asked why? Should i? He then said, "Don't you know who that was?" I told him no and he told me it was Diana Ross! WOW! She looked totally different, she had short hair, obvious she wears wigs! and didn't talk down to me, she was just a common everyday person! Alot of people think they are snobs! Off topic a little bit...
I also met Jamie Lee Curtis in Wilmington North Carolina just after filming a few scenes from Virus. We were talking a personal tour of the studios and there was someone getting a shoulder rub, we stopped and Jamie said HI to our Security Guard friend, who introduced us. She was still in make-up with alot of blood on her face, so she wasn't that noticable. We started to joke, and she said that she has been on lot since 4am and it was already 6pm. I looked at her and said OMG! Girl, you need to go home! Then off we went to finish the rest of the tour. Our guerad friend then told us that that was Jamir Lee Curtis! I about died of embarrassment. On our way out when the tour was done, we once again meet Jamie, I had to go to her and apologize for being so crude ti her, since I didn't know it was her. She stopped me in mid-sentience and said, 'just because we make movies and are famous, we still get yellow stains and skid marks in our underwear too!' My jaw dropped and after a few minutes just broke out in laughter!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
When I was a child, my family sat next to Carl Banks and his family at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I, of course, had no idea who he was at the time, but my dad, a huge Giants fan, sure did.

A few years ago, I had dinner at a table right next to Rosie O'Donnell and her (then) wife at California Grill.

Susan Savia

Who have you met at WDW?

I had the pleasure of meeting the man himself, David Copperfield, at Hollywood Studios during spring break this year!

5dMye.jpg

Wow, how neat was that?? I met him some years ago after one of his shows. Very nice guy. We passed Hulk Hogan and family some years ago in Epcot. My husband was walking along with the video camera and we captured him and famiily.

Monkee Girl

I didn't meet him, but when I went in April 2010, I saw Dog the Bounty Hunter in the Magic Kingdom. It was during one of the 2am Extra Magic Hours and we were hanging out by Big Thunder Mountain while some family were in line to ride. He walked by with an entourage which I think consisted of his wife (The woman on the show) and kids and lead by a cast member. I don't really watch the show but I knew who he was and thought it was pretty cool.

Slipknot

Robin Williams, Gary Sinise, Dan Marino, Brian Urlacher, Andrew McCarthy, Star Jones, Neil Patrick Harris, Christina Aguilera, the Princess of Morocco, Deep Roy, The Harlem Globetrotters, Thomas Gibson, Whoopi Goldberg, Shaq, David Robinson, Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem, Jerome Bettis, Hines Ward, Aaron Rodgers, a few of the Chilean miners, Courtney , and others I can't remember off the top of my head at the moment.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Julia Roberts and Emma Roberts in 2009, Glenn Close in 2001, TPain in 2010, Randy Owens in 2007, Emily Osment in 2009. Gotta look for the no makeup look

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom