Mears

Erika

Long and boring, but it gets you there! We have used Mears several times. I kind of like the Disney excitement with all those people starting their vacations.

Upvote 0

Disneynut

The number of stops depends on the time of day and how many people are arriving. I have used Mears several times, sometimes going right to my hotel, sometimes stopping at other Disney resorts or even off-site hotels near Disney. I guess it is just the luck of the draw.

Upvote 0

Worldphile

We had used Mears with good results for the past few years. However, last Dec. we took Mears to the Wilderness Lodge and it took forever to get to our resort. We stopped at 4 Downtown Disney hotels (some were pretty far off the beaten track) before heading to the MK resorts. It was really frustrating and disappointing.

Maybe we jsut caught them at a time when they were short busses and had to combine a lot of hotels, but next time, I'll take a cab or a limo service. Time is the most precious commodity we have at WDW and I can't stand to have it wasted.

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
How is Mears Motorcoach? I have always taken a rental car but this is the first time with Mears. Any help would be great.

Do yourself a BIG Favor AND DO NOT book the van. Book the Mears Town Car. Its like $15 more but its well worth it. They meet you at the baggage claim, help you with your luggage, and then bring you right to your hotel, trust me, you will get there MUCH faster!
BTW: The hotel I was traveling to from MCO was the Contemprorary

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
Well I am worried now because I already booked it. I am staying at the Wilderness Lodge so I hope it won't take that long. I am only using Mears because my air fare was so high that I did not want to put out MORE money for a rental car. I hope I won't have a hard time.

Upvote 0

airmed484

I have used Mears five times and it is long and the ride is boring. Last time I used Mears, I got the town car. The driver was great and the ride was quick and relaxing. It is a good deal if you do not want to deal with any other people on the ride. I think it was $60 or so....check it out !

Upvote 0

mburk

You said it's already booked - do you have vouchers? If so, here is a tip I learned the hard way. When you arrive at MCO and shuttle over to baggage claim have one person in your party take the vouchers to the Mears desk INSIDE the building while another waits for the bags. Also make sure you have both vouchers for arrival and departure in your hand. Do not just head outside to the curb, even though the signs direct you that way - you have to first exchange the vouchers for boarding passes. As I said, we found out the hard way as the Mears curbside loaders were very surly.

Like everyone mentioned, the number of stops is purely random. One year we had a full size bus going just to the AS resorts. It was pretty comfy, but took awhile to load. Usually, its a van. This year we stopped at three other resorts before ours (Coronado Springs).

Getting picked up by Mears at your resort can also be a hassle. They either cram in too many people at your resort or else make a bunch of stops along the way to cram in more people.

Boy, this all sounds pretty negative, doesn't it? Make sure you pack plenty of patience and everything will go ok. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
I booked it on-line. I had to print out a paper and I turn it in at the desk.

I don't mind a motorcoach or a van so what ever they give us will be fine. After loading on to a bus at DTD at midnight to go to the ASM I don't mind a full bus (if you have never experenced this, it is like trying to fit 30 people in a VW Bug).

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

the limo may not be more $$, depending upon the number in your party.

My experience is with Tiffany, and the charge was $80 for the car, ROUND TRIP. (that works out to $10 each, one way, $40 for 4 of us one way, $80 round trip for 4)

There were 4 of us, so that was less than the motorcoach, faster, and more direct.

I agree, the most precious commodity is TIME at WDW.

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
DisneyWorldGuru,

How many people are in your party? If more than three, I think Tiffany Towncar is probably a better value. Certainly less hassle.

Also, have you checked Mousesavers.com for discount codes on your room at the WL?

Sincerely,

Len

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
There is 4 of us but only 2 of us will be riding Mears. I did fet a few codes from mousesaver but they were sold out so I used code CQZ which was a lot better.

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Congratulations on being able to use a code - if you don't mind me asking, how much did you save?

As far as Mears goes, it's cheaper than Tiffany, but it'll take you longer to get there. Personally, I take Tiffany if I'm not renting my own car. I like the airport pickup/dropoff and the direct route to the resort.

Tiffany is $75 plus tip, and Mears is, what, $25 per person R/T? Say Mears is $35 cheaper. Put it towards the buffet at Boma. Or get some nice mouse ears. Not enough people get mouse ears these days.

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
I saved about $1,000 with the code. I got the courtyard view so it was a bit more but I figured a few bucks more is nothing. I did have to go when it is really hot but I don't mind Fl heat. I mean here in NJ it hit 100 deg. today, so FL is nothing I can't handle. If you want to go to WDW this year do one of these codes. If you live in GA you save even more then everyone with code CQO. But for the rest use code CQZ.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

We've used Mears and also taken a cab. I'll never take a taxi again. The cabbie wanted to book our return trip to MCO, but of course he never showed, despite my calling the cab company to confirm my pickup. We hopped a cab that was dropping off, but it was 5 of us crammed in a Crown Vic, which sucked. We have taken the Mears shuttle twice. The first time, it was just my wife and myself, and we had a full bus to our resort (ASMusic) and were the last pickup on our return ( the driver said she had picked up at three other resorts. ) Last trip, there were five of us, and the woman at the Mears counter told us it was cheaper to use their own taxi vans. Turns out that Mears operates a cab service. Quick and easy, and you just call to set up your pickup. It was 40 bucks or so each way, but that was cheaper than taking their shuttle.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom