"Mean" Cast Members

Lionking

As a cast member I must say that some guest give us no respect and expect us to never make them wait in any lines. A couple of weeks ago I was Mickey's Attendent and is was time for mickey to go in be cause it had started to rain when I did this a teenage boy at the front of the line thought it would be funny to try and punch Mickey but I was able to stop him. Things like this happen everyday and some of the things that guest will say anything to try and get back at me for doing my job the fowl language some people will use. It is sometimes hard to get through to guest with a disney smile. But then we have the guest who listen and do as we ask without saying anything and I am thankful for those guest cause they make my day and remind me how much I really do love my job here.

finan03

Lionking said:
As a cast member I must say that some guest give us no respect and expect us to never make them wait in any lines. A couple of weeks ago I was Mickey's Attendent and is was time for mickey to go in be cause it had started to rain when I did this a teenage boy at the front of the line thought it would be funny to try and punch Mickey but I was able to stop him. Things like this happen everyday and some of the things that guest will say anything to try and get back at me for doing my job the fowl language some people will use. It is sometimes hard to get through to guest with a disney smile. But then we have the guest who listen and do as we ask without saying anything and I am thankful for those guest cause they make my day and remind me how much I really do love my job here.

it's teens like those who make me embarassed to be a teen. on behalf of this site, THANK YOU for being a cast member and making every disney day a magical one!

col

cast members have always been nice to me and if they were "nasty" to me i would say something. when i was there in may i was eating in the main street bakery and i tidied my table and put my tray and rubbish in the bin and the cast member who had a disneyland hong kong rosette on her said thankyou all because i put my tray and rubbish away. i did it becaus eit was common courtsey and i worked in a place where i went round wiping table and clearing peoples crap off the table and most of the time the tables where in a right state and i use to hate it. each turn deserves another mind you i am a happy person and always saw hello and i am friendly whenever i am in disneyworld because its always nice to talk to people who you dont know.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
come on down to Orlando... the goings hot and the hot are going

I have no clue what I jus said

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
mkt said:
come on down to Orlando... the goings hot and the hot are going

I have no clue what I jus said
I'll be there the last weekend in October but I will have the wife and kids in tow. I'm still trying to figure a way for the wife and me to go to AC on Halloween but it looks like the only way I can make this happen is if I bring the older 2 with us.

metman

I have to say this and i expect to get shot down in flames coming from england. we tend to do things different over here that as i said goes for your bell staff, car doormen, and waiters and waitres very good 10 out of 10 (why because they are looking for tips as to the people in the parks, they guides,security,and people movers cast members well lets say i have seen 1-out of 10 and 7 out of 10 but never a 10 out of 10 trying to make me or my partners life any easier.

go ahead as i say but looking at it from the english side of the pond when there is a buck up or grabs its amazing how big that smile and can i help you changes everything and when there is nothing in it for them they follow the rules and thats THAT.

mkt

Premium Member
Master Yoda said:
I'll be there the last weekend in October but I will have the wife and kids in tow. I'm still trying to figure a way for the wife and me to go to AC on Halloween but it looks like the only way I can make this happen is if I bring the older 2 with us.

I'll be at the AC halloween night...

and as for the kids, you can thank me later.

http://www.kidsniteout.com/home.htm

mkt

Premium Member
metman said:
I have to say this and i expect to get shot down in flames coming from england. we tend to do things different over here that as i said goes for your bell staff, car doormen, and waiters and waitres very good 10 out of 10 (why because they are looking for tips as to the people in the parks, they guides,security,and people movers cast members well lets say i have seen 1-out of 10 and 7 out of 10 but never a 10 out of 10 trying to make me or my partners life any easier.

go ahead as i say but looking at it from the english side of the pond when there is a buck up or grabs its amazing how big that smile and can i help you changes everything and when there is nothing in it for them they follow the rules and thats THAT.

If you earned $2/hr and had an ignorant english guest give you no tip, you'd be mad too. I know of many bartenders in Orlando, that in order to make money from english clientele, charge $1-2 extra to the cost of the drink. A $0.25 tip for a $5 drink is ridiculous.

That's how service works in the US. You tip well, you get good service. You don't tip, you get nothing.

mkt

Premium Member
here you go,

Tipping is a good investment. Managers are usually compensated for going above and beyond the call in the form of a year-end bonus. Food servers, bellhops, maids, and other hotel employees are typically paid by the hour, and tips are often their only incentive. If the service is decent but unremarkable, tip the standard amount. If a staff member does something outside of his or her job description—say, a server special-orders your favorite dessert that isn’t on the menu or a front-desk clerk plays the role of personal travel planner during your stay—make the tip extraordinary or the special service will disappear

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
mkt said:
I'll be at the AC halloween night...

and as for the kids, you can thank me later.

http://www.kidsniteout.com/home.htm
Unfortunately babysitting is not the problem. The littlest one would love to go to the Neverland Club again and I wouldn't mind taking the 12 and 14 year old to AC but I don't want to be one of those parents that is a buzz killer by bringing their kids to PI. You would know as well as anyone are there more kids at AC on Halloween than on other nights? If my kids aren't going to be the only ones there I would feel a little better about it.

metman

I did not say i did not like tipping.

what i said is it is amazing how a cast members attitude changes when there is a tipp coming there way to a cast member doing his-hers job with no tip.

and one final point the brits come to florida and spend a fortune to get to your places here putting millions into the florida and local economy so making wise marks about us does not help. just think (bight the hand that feeds you and we could all stay on our side of the pond). if you look at it the figures for last year up to they american torist industry yourselves we are the 2nd biggest provider of money coming into florida.

mkt

Premium Member
and I thank you for your money, but I bartend one night a week at a local English pub... and I have had english tourists with over $100 bartabs, and I get a $1 tip. I don't think so. You will get ignored by me next time you're at the bar.

Hence, why I charge $5 for a $4 beer... and if they do add a tip, I take a few drinks off their tab.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Most Guests can't figure out that how to walk around Epcot without getting horribly lost - despite having a map - so I think threats that the masses will stop coming because anyone called them an idiot are moot.

Again, if you want fluffy non-reality, there is an official Disneyworld.com website or you can call 407-W-Disney and talk to someone in person who is getting paid to tell you what you want to hear.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Also - the attitude of the Cast is quite possibly worst and has more disgust for Guests than ever before, but people are coming in droves. I don't see a problem other than the occasional bruised ego - who still keeps coming despite it.

GenieGirl

Can we please just kill this thread with the knowledge that there are SOME cm's who work at Disney because it was easy to get a job there and they are in it for the paycheck and they are the ones that tend to give horrible guest interactions? But at the same time, we need to remember that there ARE cm's who work there because they believe in the magic and know they are struggling making minimum wage and working 50+ hrs/wk to make ends meet, but are not going to ruin your trip or let you ruin there day by negativity?

Remember what those Monty Python blokes said---"Always look on the bright side of life...."

mkt said:
That's how service works in the US. You tip well, you get good service. You don't tip, you get nothing.

Isn't it "You give good service, you get tipped well. You don't give good service, you don't get tipped well"?

A tip is reward, a thank-you for a job well done. It is not a bribe.

mkt

Premium Member
In some service industry positions, a tip is income, not a reward. I give good service, and receive no complaints for anything that I've caused, so I have nothing to worry about as far as that... however, cheap, or honestly non-knowing clientele can make it hard for me to give that good service.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
ConstanceIrene said:
A tip is reward, a thank-you for a job well done. It is not a bribe.
In a perfect world this would be true but cheep employers figured out a long time ago that they could pay their service related employees and incredibly low wage (around $2 an hour I think) assuming that the rest of the money would come from customers tips. In a perfect world a good server or a bartender would be payed what they are worth instead of relying on the decency of others to pay their salary. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a server give incredibly good service only to get stiffed at the end by some cheapskate.

mkt

Premium Member
Hence why a tip is income... and not a reward.

Tipping a front desk clerk earning $9/hr is a reward.

Tipping a bartender earning $2.50/hr is income.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom