"Mean" Cast Members

Merlin

Account Suspended
robynchic said:
No, you were saying previously that you work for a very good company. And you have been saying all this information that seems rather superfluous. Yes, I do have the capacity to learn, thank you very much. And you haven't gotten the references I've been making to what I do. If you'd like me to be bluntly honest with what I do, I will not say it on a board, but I will say it in private message. Which is where I welcome your commentary to go (rather than other places I COULD say). I will also explain to you what the sixth sense I'm talking about is.

I'm sure that some people on this thread know EXACTLY the kind of sixth sense I'm referring to (and no, it's not a gaydar...:lol: ). And I still would love to see you tolerate the kind of stuff we put up with. Disney does courses for companies that want to learn how they operate. Why don't you look into seeing if they can put you in our shoes for a week?

Yes, please send me a PM if you are not comfortable discussing it in the public forum. Perhaps I'm dense (which is always a strong possibility), but no I'm not getting the reference. Have you been hinting at something and I've just been missing it?? :veryconfu

TchaikovskyVCID

Account Suspended
...You guys have added 10 pages to this pointless thread in less than 24 hours... Perhaps it's time to give this thread a proper burial... There are patient CM's, there are impatient CM's, there are model CM's, there are uncaring CM's, there are CM's who are happy being CM's, there are whiny CM's (current and former). Can't we leave it at that? Or, at least agree to disagree?

Merlin

Account Suspended
robynchic said:
And I still would love to see you tolerate the kind of stuff we put up with. Disney does courses for companies that want to learn how they operate. Why don't you look into seeing if they can put you in our shoes for a week?

Well, as I've mentioned already, I'm not 100% convinced that you haven't embellished the situation to some degree. In fact, you stated earlier in this thread (and I'm paraphrasing here, but if there's a dispute I'll be happy to direct you to the post where you made this comment) that it's one-third of the guests who are the bad ones. I believe the way you stated it was something to the effect of, "For every 1 bad guest, there are 2 good ones." That, to me, would be a pretty horrible statistic to have to tolerate. So to respond, no I would not want to tolerate that, and I wouldn't tolerate it unless I had no other choice. And just so we're clear, my version of not tolerating something is I would find another job. Your version of it seems to be to stay in the miserable job, and just get back at the guests when they tick you off (not to mention get back at the ones who've done nothing to you). What I've been trying to convey is that this outlook is never going to elevate you to the position of park president.

dflye

TchaikovskyVCID said:
...You guys have added 10 pages to this pointless thread in less than 24 hours... Perhaps it's time to give this thread a proper burial... There are patient CM's, there are impatient CM's, there are model CM's, there are uncaring CM's, there are CM's who are happy being CM's, there are whiny CM's (current and former). Can't we leave it at that? Or, at least agree to disagree?
You left out the category of non-speaking CMs who get kicked, punched, tackled and god only knows what else by packs of hyperactive unsupervised children, teens, or the occasional adult nut-job.

And if they defend themselves, they likely get fired.

This is where Disney turns the younger cast loose with minimal structured support in some environments, and lets the fur fly when mayhem breaks loose.

dflye

Merlin said:
Well, as I've mentioned already, I'm not 100% convinced that you haven't embellished the situation to some degree. In fact, you stated earlier in this thread (and I'm paraphrasing here, but if there's a dispute I'll be happy to direct you to the post where you made this comment) that it's one-third of the guests who are the bad ones. I believe the way you stated it was something to the effect of, "For every 1 bad guest, there are 2 good ones."
That implies there are only two categories of guests, when I think there are only two categories of guests that stand out: the good and the evil.

The masses in the middle between those two extremes are those that just wait in line, do their bit, and move on. Those are the majority.

So to say that a ratio of 1 evil for two good means that 1/3 of all guests are evil is making the assumption that there is no middle ground between good and evil.

Welcome to the world of grey! :wave:

TchaikovskyVCID

Account Suspended
dflye said:
You left out the category of non-speaking CMs who get kicked, punched, tackled and god only knows what else by packs of hyperactive unsupervised children, teens, or the occasional adult nut-job.

And if they defend themselves, they likely get fired.

This is where Disney turns the younger cast loose with minimal structured support in some environments, and lets the fur fly when mayhem breaks loose.

...I'll take that as a no.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
Your methods don't do the trick either.

My methods have done pretty well for me, Woody. I think maybe you're jealous about that. Perhaps that's why you always choose to disagree with whatever point I'm making. Or could it be that the Space Mountain "shoulder tapping" incident upset you that much? :rolleyes:

Merlin

Account Suspended
dflye said:
That implies there are only two categories of guests, when I think there are only two categories of guests that stand out: the good and the evil.

The masses in the middle between those two extremes are those that just wait in line, do their bit, and move on. Those are the majority.

So to say that a ratio of 1 evil for two good means that 1/3 of all guests are evil is making the assumption that there is no middle ground between good and evil.

Welcome to the world of grey! :wave:

Hey, I thought you were one of the cool ones until that post! :animwink:

Seriously, that's not how I interpreted it, and I still am not sure that's how Robynchic meant it (although if it supports making me look clueless, then I have no doubt we'll be seeing a response from her saying something to the effect of, "Um yeah, that's how I meant it!") :rolleyes:

To be fair, math was never my best subject in school. But when someone says, "for every 1 bad one, there are 2 good ones", I'm pretty sure that works out to be 1 out of 3.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Types-o-Guests:

1. A-holes. These people break the rules and suck.

2. Psuedo A-holes. These people think they know the rules, try to bend them to fit their desires, and generally suck too.

3. Idiots. Some people try to climb Everest sans sherpa - Darwin usually weeds them out after a few trips.

4. Poor Unfortunate Souls. Often led by the Idiots, they usually learn from their mistakes though - typically harmless but sometimes in understandable bad moods.

5. Drag Alongs. Just here without a care for Disney either way. Typically pleasent.

6. Normal People. Friendly, sometimes unaware, but can read a park map and atleast TRY to make ressies and prepare.

7. Nice People. Sometimes brings prezzies! Knows no CM wants to talk about M.E. or the stock price and dares not say "Wow, it sure is hot."

8. Diehards. Loony, but typically nice. Amusing.

9. Psychos. Think they know everything, use abbreviations instead of words, and annoy to no end.

10. DL Annual Passholders. Pure evil. Avoid conversation, smile and pray they're not wearing a birthday button.

dflye

Merlin said:
To be fair, math was never my best subject in school. But when someone says, "for every 1 bad one, there are 2 good ones", I'm pretty sure that works out to be 1 out of 3.
Yes, your ratio of 1/3 evil guests out of ALL guests is correct, if you believe that everything is black or white, and that there is only good or evil, with nothing in between.

But I'll have to agree with your other statement, as I'm putting words in someone else's mouth while doing this math! :lookaroun

Like you, I can't imagine that 33.33% of WDW guests are complete monsters. If they are, either I'm oblivious, or I have somehow been avoiding the parts of the parks where the strollers and ECV scooters are up on blocks after their wheels were stolen while the passengers were away! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom