"Mean" Cast Members

Merlin

Account Suspended
mousermerf said:
You didn't realize this when they started giving out Beverly for "free" at Ice Station Cool?

Now it's all making sense! I've never fully recovered from the "Beverly incident".

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Can we atleast say its fair to snap at a Guest who hits me with a stroller on purpose?

I still believe, years after leaving the parks, that there is a special circle in hell for those people.

Merlin

Account Suspended
robynchic said:
We're not saying we abhor guests. We're sounding off about the guests that treat US badly. If you treat us well, you make our day. But the people that don't treat us so well...we have a less-than-outstanding day because of them. I could give many examples of people that have ruined my day- and I could give two examples of people that have made my day for every one that's ruined it.

You don't have a "less-than-outstanding day" BECAUSE of a guest. And a guest (even the rudest, most awful one in the world) can't ruin your day. Only you can do that. Read the book I just recommended to Mousermerf (7 Habits of Highly Effective People). Or if you don't want to read a whole book on the topic, read Mousermerf's post (#96). He nailed it with that post.

Merlin

Account Suspended
mousermerf said:
Can we atleast say its fair to snap at a Guest who hits me with a stroller on purpose?

I still believe, years after leaving the parks, that there is a special circle in hell for those people.

I do believe there is a special "stroller clause" that exempts you from having to behave in a civil manner.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I dunno if I agree Merlin...

I've had days where i went hell-bent on being perky and it failed me. I don't think everything is a matter of choice. Chemicals and emotions are hard to control. We be not stoic and stoic be not humanity - otherwise we'd of had a little more Ceasar.

robynchic

Merlin said:
You don't have a "less-than-outstanding day" BECAUSE of a guest. And a guest (even the rudest, most awful one in the world) can't ruin your day. Only you can do that. Read the book I just recommended to Mousermerf (7 Habits of Highly Effective People). Or if you don't want to read a whole book on the topic, read Mousermerf's post (#96). He nailed it with that post.

Thank you, but I've read it. Yeah, I know...the stupid college student CM has actually read a book like that...
And yes, guests CAN make your day bad. It's not fun to have a guest run their ECV into your knee two weeks after surgery, and have to be let off of work early because you can't stand (oh yes, that's happened to me).
You really don't get it. I'd like to see you survive in our shoes for one week, and not go home to your family, and think the same things we are.

Woody13

Easy goin' Merlin!

Merlin said:
The rudest CM I ever encountered was working in the air conditioned loading area of Space Mountain.
Oh yes. I recall it vividly. You were so angered by the treatment you received at SM that you engaged in "unwanted touching" of the CM (by your own written admission). You're lucky that the CM did not press charges against you. The CM had an air tight case!

Don't pull or push people (even CM's) around Merlin!

Merlin

Account Suspended
mousermerf said:
I dunno if I agree Merlin...

I've had days where i went hell-bent on being perky and it failed me. I don't think everything is a matter of choice. Chemicals and emotions are hard to control. We be not stoic and stoic be not humanity - otherwise we'd of had a little more Ceasar.

You are right that they are "hard" to control. But they are controllable, and it actually gets easier with practice. Okay, here's another one of them quirky terms for you....

Triune Brain!

It refers to what psychologists believe are three developmental levels of the human brain.

Reptile brain is the first. That is the part of the brain that is no more advanced than that of a reptile. It is responsible mostly for survival functions and instinctive responses. So fighting, fleeing, feeding and reproduction (what pyschologists jokingly call the "4 F's") are controlled in this part of the brain.

Next is Mammal brain. That's where emotion takes place.

Then there is Primate brain, which is responsible for the higher cognitive reasoning.

During most of a normal day, your Primate brain is in control. The link between that and the Mammal brain are pretty strong. But whenever you feel threatened, angry, aroused, etc, your Reptile brain takes over and you the link then becomes stronger between that and your Mammal brain. So where before you had reasoning linked with emotions, you now have "protect myself" linked to emotion. It's a normal evolutionary thing, that has allowed our species to survive millions of years. However, it can be controlled.

All of this, of course, is a moot point in cases where a major chemical imbalance might exist. I'm starting to suspect that may be the case with some CMs.

Merlin

Account Suspended
robynchic said:
Thank you, but I've read it. Yeah, I know...the stupid college student CM has actually read a book like that...
And yes, guests CAN make your day bad. It's not fun to have a guest run their ECV into your knee two weeks after surgery, and have to be let off of work early because you can't stand (oh yes, that's happened to me).
You really don't get it. I'd like to see you survive in our shoes for one week, and not go home to your family, and think the same things we are.

You need to read it again.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
Oh yes. I recall it vividly. You were so angered by the treatment you received at SM that you engaged in "unwanted touching" of the CM (by your own written admission). You're lucky that the CM did not press charges against you. The CM had an air tight case!

Don't pull or push people (even CM's) around Merlin!

I tapped the CM on the shoulder to get his attention. I recall YOU turning it into something that sounded like physical abuse. :brick:

I am glad to hear, though, that my story hasn't been forgotten. The fact that you recall it vividly makes me very happy.

Connor002

Hmmm...

I saw this thread earlier and chose not to post in it due to the fact I knew it would eventually come to this.

So... Here's a funny picture to make everything better:

sharp_edges.jpg

Woody13

Merlin said:
I tapped the CM on the shoulder to get his attention. I recall YOU turning it into something that sounded like physical abuse. :brick:

I am glad to hear, though, that my story hasn't been forgotten. The fact that you recall it vividly makes me very happy. Remember, the CMs name was Erik.

Merlin said:
You need to read it again.
Follow your own advice.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Connor002 said:
Hmmm...

I saw this thread earlier and chose not to post in it due to the fact I knew it would eventually come to this.

So... Here's a funny picture to make everything better:

sharp_edges.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Merlin

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
As I recall, the CM told you not to touch him, yet you persisted.

Well I was initially impressed that you remembered the story "so vividly". However, you've forgotten some of the details. Not that I blame you, it was what, three years or so ago??? Anyway, what happened was that the CM was rude to us and another guest. The other guest suggested that someone complain about him so I said I would do it. But I wanted to get his name so I would be able to give it to his supervisor. He had his back to me and because it was loud (it was at the loading area of Space Mountain), he didn't hear me when I tried to get his attention (either that or he was just ignoring me). So I tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and when I asked him his name he said, "Don't grab me". This struck me as a particularly strange thing to say, considering I hadn't "grabbed" him. Regardless, I got his name and I didn't touch him again (largely out of fear that maybe he'd take a swing at me or something....he didn't seem stable).

As a footnote to this story, I remember thinking Woody was nuts when he made it out to seem like such a big deal (actually I still think that he made it out to be more than it was). But truthfully, I do think a "no touching" policy is a good one to have, even if it is just a tap on the shoulder. In retrospect, I would have handled that situation much differently. But I do still consider him the rudest CM I've ever encountered.

Woody13

Merlin said:
Well I was initially impressed that you remembered the story "so vividly". However, you've forgotten some of the details. Not that I blame you, it was what, three years or so ago??? Anyway, what happened was that the CM was rude to us and another guest. The other guest suggested that someone complain about him so I said I would do it. But I wanted to get his name so I would be able to give it to his supervisor. He had his back to me and because it was loud (it was at the loading area of Space Mountain), he didn't hear me when I tried to get his attention (either that or he was just ignoring me). So I tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and when I asked him his name he said, "Don't grab me". This struck me as a particularly strange thing to say, considering I hadn't "grabbed" him. Regardless, I got his name and I didn't touch him again (largely out of fear that maybe he'd take a swing at me or something....he didn't seem stable).

As a footnote to this story, I remember thinking Woody was nuts when he made it out to seem like such a big deal (actually I still think that he made it out to be more than it was). But truthfully, I do think a "no touching" policy is a good one to have, even if it is just a tap on the shoulder. In retrospect, I would have handled that situation much differently. But I do still consider him the rudest CM I've ever encountered.
The problem is Merlin, that you don't seem to understand the principle problem. It has nothing to do with a "no touching" policy as you described. You may engage in touching if the other party agrees. It's pretty easy to tell if that is the case. You can (for example) extend your hand to another person and gauge their reaction. They might indeed be willing to shake your hand, hug you or even kiss you perhaps.

On the other hand, you don't touch someone from behind! That is clearly not right Merlin. Don't you understand that concept? Tapping a person on the shoulder is rude at the least. In the law, it is a battery upon another person. You're lucky he didn't defend himself because he had every right under the law to take a swing at you.

Do you pinch young girls on the bottom? Do you have any common manners?

MickeyTigg

New CM's

A few years ago...I'd have to agree that the CM's being hired weren't very "Disney Friendly", but I think that over the last 2-3 years, they've weeded out the "bad CM's" and I think the current CM's are pretty good.

I think people in general, are getting more rude and less friendly and polite. All everyone thinks about is themselves and they think that they deserve special treatment for the trivialest of things.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
The problem is Merlin, that you don't seem to understand the principle problem. It has nothing to do with a "no touching" policy as you described. You may engage in touching if the other party agrees. It's pretty easy to tell if that is the case. You can (for example) extend your hand to another person and gauge their reaction. They might indeed be willing to shake your hand, hug you or even kiss you perhaps.

On the other hand, you don't touch someone from behind! That is clearly not right Merlin. Don't you understand that concept? Tapping a person on the shoulder is rude at the least. In the law, it is a battery upon another person. You're lucky he didn't defend himself because he had every right under the law to take a swing at you.

Do you pinch young girls on the bottom? Do you have any common manners?

Fair enough! Thanks for the education Woody!

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:

So in Florida, it's legal to beat the crap of some guy in retaliation for him tapping you on the shoulder from behind?? Wow! Now THERE's some information that could have come in handy!! :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom