May sound stupid.... but

sandheichert

I have heard how people get balloons, cards, photos for their birthdays or anniversarys. How does disney know about what you are celelbrating while you are there? Staying at WL Dec. 12-18 for 1 yo birthday, 6 yo birthday and our anniversary.

yankspy

It is generally something that you would mention when making your reservation or when checking in. In many instances they will give you a pin to wear stating whatever celebration so if a CM sees the pin they have the oppurtunity to do something.

Upvote 0

Captain Hank

First mention that you're celebrating a birthday/anniversary/other occasion to the WDW Central Reservations CM (though, I'm assuming that it's too late to do this in your case. You can always call back and mention it, if you'd like.) Then, mention it again to the CM at the front desk. If nothing else, you'll at least get a birthday button. Wear that, and you'll be wished "happy birthday" by more people than you ever thought possible.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
It's not too late, call back to update your reservation information, then be sure to reaffirm at check-in. The extra touches are very nice. As others have said, in case they don't give one at check in, get the birthday pins and anniversary pin when entering your first park, and have her wear it for the whole trip.

When making restaurant reservations, also mention that this is for a birthday celebration or anniversary celebration. Some of the higher end restaurants have some nice additions for anniversarys.

Upvote 0

disneynut4u

You can also fax the hotel with that info. About 1 week before you arrive, send them a fax, but be creative. Give them the info of birthdays/anniversary, and the more fun you have with the fax, the more likely you are to get some action. We had read (here, I think) that if you send them a fax and make it interesting, the more probability they'll do something special. If you just sent a plain fax, they may not do anything.
We did this for my son's birthday one year, and there were balloons & an autographed photo of Mickey when we got back from a park on the first day.

By all means, when you arrive at each park, go to Guest Relations and get a birthday pin for them. It's amazing how many CMs will come up to them and wish them happy birthday. This is what happened to my son: we got him the pin. He got to pick our seats on several rides. The CM at Pecos Bill's had the WHOLE restaurant sing Happy Birthday to him. He got "special" treatment at a lot of the restaurants. He also got special notice from a lot of the characters. He'll never forget the experience he had that year.

When you make dining reservations, be sure to tell them about the birthdays/anniversary. If you've already made the ressies, call back. They do different things at different restaurants. Have fun with this!!!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'll save you a bit of effort... There is only one generic Birthday pin and one Anniversary pin, no different ones at each park [there used to be]. Get the pins for everyone the first day and have everyone wear them for the duration, the trip is your celebration and you can celebrate the whole time, not just "the day of". :king:

Upvote 0
We took my parents for their 50th anniversary, and told the reservations people, plus anyone else who would listen! There was a card "signed" by the Fab 5 waiting in their room at check-in, but the restarants were even better. We mentioned the anniversary each night, and every restaurant did something special. When we sat down at Crystal Palace, the table had a giant heart drawn in Mickey confetti, then a singer serenaded them. At Restaurant Marrakesh, the waiter gave Dad his fez. The restaurant in Mexico had a special dessert. Every night there was something wonderful. Be polite and be vocal and Disney will do something special almost every time.:wave:

Upvote 0

disneyniebo

Just call and tell them, or when you check in mention it to the cast member at the front desk.
We spend our anniversary vacation at WDW and when I book I tell them. When I confirm the reservation with the resort I tell them. When we check in I tell them. Usually the second day there we come back to the room and find the personalized autographed picture form Mickey and Minnie along with balloons and confetti. Then for the rest of the stay we keep finding the towel animals from the cleaning staff.

AND do not forget to ask for the special buttons to wear. They get you extra special treatment in the parks as well.

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member
Does anyone else think Disney needs to be a little more proactive here? Especially with the "What will you celebrate?" promotion. Have the reservations CM's simply ask "Are you celebrating any special events during your stay with us?" or something like that. Check a box on the reservation screen, add in some comments as needed and you will have a happy guest.

Upvote 0

ftwildcmpr

Does anyone else think Disney needs to be a little more proactive here? Especially with the "What will you celebrate?" promotion. Have the reservations CM's simply ask "Are you celebrating any special events during your stay with us?" or something like that. Check a box on the reservation screen, add in some comments as needed and you will have a happy guest.

We changed our reservation to include Thanksgiving night (11/27 to 12/1) and I was asked by them if we were celebrating anything on this trip. Which we are celebrating our DD 12th bday and our 18th anniv on this trip. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Disney05

We just came back, it was our anniversary. Didn't get anything when we checked in, it was mentioned when we made reservation, it was mentioned when we checked in. I sent a box down with supplies and I wrote on the box Happy Anniversary. My wife had me go the concierge desk to ask for the pins. We were told to wear them our entire stay. Almost every CM we walked passed wished us well, which was nice, but we didn't get any card or anything else.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
We just came back, it was our anniversary. Didn't get anything when we checked in, it was mentioned when we made reservation, it was mentioned when we checked in. I sent a box down with supplies and I wrote on the box Happy Anniversary. My wife had me go the concierge desk to ask for the pins. We were told to wear them our entire stay. Almost every CM we walked passed wished us well, which was nice, but we didn't get any card or anything else.

Sorry to hear that, but it's exactly the reason I am reluctant to go into specifics as to what might happen. If you go down expecting this and if it doesn't meet expectations you are dissapointed, if it is all a bonus, then you are pleasantly surprised. It's also why nothing is published about it and probably why they are not more "pro active" as was mentioned previously.

They usually do something nice for the room when given notice, sorry it didn't work out for you.

Upvote 0

Disney05

Sorry to hear that, but it's exactly the reason I am reluctant to go into specifics as to what might happen. If you go down expecting this and if it doesn't meet expectations you are dissapointed, if it is all a bonus, then you are pleasantly surprised. It's also why nothing is published about it and probably why they are not more "pro active" as was mentioned previously.

They usually do something nice for the room when given notice, sorry it didn't work out for you.
Hope it didn't sound like I was disappointed, I really wasn't. I took it as a if something special happens great, if not I'm at my favorite place in the world who cares. It wouldn't stop me from wearing one again next year.

Upvote 0

imamouse

CMs have been doing this for years - at least every time I called (maybe it wasn't consistent?). Since the new campaign was announced, asking if you are celebrating anything special seems to be part of the script all of the time.

Upvote 0

Hot4Hudgens

I mentioned it being my birthday when I made reservations over the phone a few weeks ago. It never crossed my mind that they may do something to commemorate it, but now that I think about it, it would be a nice touch. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom