May 5 Announcement Rumor

Empress Room

Original Poster
Take this with a grain of salt...

During my last impromptu trip to WDW, I had the opportunity of taking the sunset safari at the AKL with the head supervisor of the savannahs at the AKL. He told my small safari group (six of us) that on May 5 (the kickoff of the DL Celebration festivities), Disney will be making a MAJOR announcement concerning new attractions at both DL and WDW. The WDW announcement, according to this supervisor, involves not only the Magic Kingdom, but also announcements of e-ticket attractions at AK, MGM and Epcot - some of which, in his words, will "knock your socks off."

Again, take it for what it's worth, but I will personally be interested in what happens and what's newsworthy out of Fort Disney on May 5...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The day the wand comes down too... quite a date :lol:

Seriously, a lot of rumours are flying around about the May 4th - 6th press events, lets hope they mirror the `Disney Decade` announcements, and more to the point everything actually gets built!

Empress Room

Original Poster
marni1971 said:
The day the wand comes down too... quite a date :lol:

Seriously, a lot of rumours are flying around about the May 4th - 6th press events, lets hope they mirror the `Disney Decade` announcements, and more to the point everything actually gets built!

Yes, Marni, there are certainly a number of rumors (rumours!) floating around for this press event. I typically accept these rumors for what they are (unsubstantiated stories); however, the fact that this gentlemen volunteered this information without prodding from the group caught my attention.

Disney certainly has the rare opportunity to make a BIG announcement (DL's anniversary and Epcot's upcoming anniversary) so let's hope that the rumors are something more than wishful thinking.

venooch333 said:
Everything is happening on 05/05/05! Disney announcements (hopefully), General Election! What else? :king:

05/05/05 - You know, call me stupid (alright don't!:mad:), but i never realised that that was the date! Duh! I knew it was fifth of May but I just accepted it.
Hmmm....clever! I could never have thought of something as ingenious as that. God bless those Imagineers...:wave:

Ok that was being taken to far! Now I'm rambling....I'm going to my room...

ogryn

venooch333 said:
Everything is happening on 05/05/05! Disney announcements (hopefully), General Election! What else? :king:

My Final Year Engineering Project hand-in date :D Now, which one takes precidence?

The announcements of course!

dxwwf3

Let's just hope the day doesn't get billed up as being a HUGE day and all we get is something along the lines of Lucky the Dinosaur and Cindrellabration.

stitchcastle

Love your avatar Ogryn, could you make me one just like that except there is a Mt. Prometheus as well? :D sorry about the thread drift

anyway, 05-05-05 is the day!

MissM

Cinco de Mayo (meaning "may 5th") The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, The 5th Of May, commemorates the victory of the Mexicans over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862. -link

Many places have parties with drinking and fun on the day.
-m

Captain Chaos

I doubt that will be the announcement LOL...

I just we get something good... All this hype and we'll get:

EE OPENS IN 2006.... That will be the announcement.... More rehabs maybe for current attractions... Ahhhh

or, new news: DISNEY AMERICA TO OPEN IN PENNSYLVANIA!!!!!!! NEAR GETTYSBURG!!!!!!

jmuboy

This is exciting news, if indeed true. DL it seems will be announcing a few new rides (the Subs, and the Monsters Inc ride). Of course, everything is rumor now but only a month left to wait to find out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom