May 26 - Latest aerial view of the entire Fantasyland construction site

castevens

Forgive my ignorance but where does the Mine Coaster fit in? I am sure it is large, obvious and staring me in the face...I am thinking the large building next to the Big Tops is The Little Mermaid and is the building on the opposite side the Beast’s Castle/Area with the little castle on top…so does Snow White fit in the middle?
Thanks!

In your mind, erase ALL of the construction vehicles, trees, and anything not including the buildings. You are left with TLM, BatB and Pooh / where Snow White is right now. The entire vast space in between these three is where the mine train goes.

Disneybear

A question for Lee or anyone who might know.

Is part of the reason for the Mine Train Ride being a much slower/low intensity coaster due to the fact that parts of the track will be built on top of the Utilidors and they will be unable to withstand any great dynamic forces upon them?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Is part of the reason for the Mine Train Ride being a much slower/low intensity coaster due to the fact that parts of the track will be built on top of the Utilidors and they will be unable to withstand any great dynamic forces upon them?

I would think it's being kept less intense so it fits with Fantasyland's target audiance of younger kids. This should be a coaster the whole family can ride.

Dan

castevens

I'm no engineer, but I would imagine that neither a low intensity roller coaster and a high intensity coaster would have no effect on the ground floor so long as the supports are extended down to the dirt below the utilidors.

I would agree with Dan that it has a lot more to do with the target audience. Also, there are rumors of pretty good theming for the mine train (at least as far as roller coaster theming goes) - which would require slower passage through the themed areas to "take it all in"

OldBlueEyes

Looks like they have exposed the roof of the utilidoors in a couple more places right in front of Pooh.

Nah, the Utilidors doesn't stretch that far out to the left (on that picture). You can actually see, more or less, all of it exposed in the top of the pic (where the castle-wall is beginning to take shape).

I wonder if this is the beginings of the Mine Train construction or maybe just some preliminary discovery excavations.

There I think You're right. The white you see is prob. sand or something. I'll bet ya, it's the foundation/groundwork for the entrance to the mine.

OBE

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
There I think You're right. The white you see is prob. sand or something. I'll bet ya, it's the foundation/groundwork for the entrance to the mine.

I don't know where this guy gets his info but there is a pad on this layout that is the general location of the pad across from Pooh. I have no idea what it is tho.

Blog+-+WDW+MK+2025.JPG

ChrisM

Whoa!

Mickey's Big Top dark ride, eh?

Edit: Not to mention "Tron", "Lost Temple Exploration", "Tombstone", and "Outlaw Ridge Expeditions". Oh, and the "Tangled" dark ride where the new Princess Fairytale Hall (or whatever it's called) is supposed to go.

OldBlueEyes

I don't know where this guy gets his info but there is a pad on this layout that is the general location of the pad across from Pooh. I have no idea what it is tho.

Blog+-+WDW+MK+2025.JPG

There ya go! The new white "space" on the aerial pic fits with the yellow spot just "soutwest" of E12 which is the entrance to the mine. As one can see in this detail :

MKE_Overall_FANTASYLAND31422957super_largeUtsnitt.jpg

What I like most about the map is what's in the upper left corner: C9 Outlaw Rigde Expeditions. ????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OldBlueEyes

Ah, well (sigh) There was a brief moment there!! :lol:

Anyways, he does seem to have the new fantasyland pretty much nailed down corectly.

OBE

Lee

Adventurer

No.

I would think it's being kept less intense so it fits with Fantasyland's target audiance of younger kids. This should be a coaster the whole family can ride.

Dan
Yes.

I don't know where this guy gets his info...
Mostly he just makes it up...
Nice work on the layouts though.

ob1thx1138

Nah, the Utilidors doesn't stretch that far out to the left (on that picture). You can actually see, more or less, all of it exposed in the top of the pic (where the castle-wall is beginning to take shape).

Glad to hear that. That gives them plenty of room for downward expansion for the "mine".

Skipper03

Forgive my ignorance but where does the Mine Coaster fit in? I am sure it is large, obvious and staring me in the face...I am thinking the large building next to the Big Tops is The Little Mermaid and is the building on the opposite side the Beast’s Castle/Area with the little castle on top…so does Snow White fit in the middle?
Thanks!

Oh my... where have your 459 posts been going to?? Do you really read here?

sorry I'm being rude....

BigThunderMatt

Really is a nice map though... maybe he should work for TDO LoL...

There's a lot of stuff on there, especially in Frontierland, where it's clear he's unaware of much of the backstage infrastructure that would have to be adjusted to accommodate that attraction being in that northeastern corner. That path not only cuts through the berm, but also the storage track lift for BTMRR (which is contoured to the land it sits on), a major cast break area, and over the waterway that the Liberty Belle takes when it's heading to dry dock back at North Service Area.

Rob562

There's a lot of stuff on there, especially in Frontierland, where it's clear he's unaware of much of the backstage infrastructure that would have to be adjusted to accommodate that attraction being in that northeastern corner. That path not only cuts through the berm, but also the storage track lift for BTMRR (which is contoured to the land it sits on), a major cast break area, and over the waterway that the Liberty Belle takes when it's heading to dry dock back at North Service Area.

True, but those aren't impossible problems to overcome.

The addition would be connected to the Splash courtyard, which is already outside the berm. A pedestrian bridge over the canal can be made to lift or rotate aside, just like the vehicle bridge and the railroad bridge do.

Backstage break areas can be moved/rebuilt/expanded to accommodate the additional Cast that will work at the new attractions and shops.

The plot does show the Big Thunder shop and storage barn, which would probably have theming added to the outside. The connecting track and lift would just have to be reworked so that the pedestrian path went up and over the track (and masked so that Guests don't see it).

-Rob

Hrudey3032

Oh my... where have your 459 posts been going to?? Do you really read here?

sorry I'm being rude....

Was this really neccesary?

I have not been on here much as I used to because of my job so like Krista I may have asked a similar question. Each time I log in there is like 20-30 pages to read and I don't have time to read them all. Maybe this is why she asked as she doesn't have time to read every thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom