May 2011 Roll Call.....

WDWmazprty

Yup, we're going back May 27-31 to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary!:sohappy:

Anyone else planning on going in May?

meeskamickey

We'll be there the 7th-14th and we'll be celebrating our 15th anniversary as well our daughters 2nd birthday. We are so excited...the wait is going to be painful:)

Upvote 0

Frightful

Holla! May 7th-15th. Over 2 years in the making :dazzle: Port Orleans Riverside, booked, tickets bought, waiting for airfare in a few days and then ADRs.

Nice to "meet" some of the people I've been seeing on the countdown page for the last year...

Upvote 0

KJ1081

We're taking a cruise on the Dream May 15-19 and getting married on Castaway Cay May 17, followed by our honeymoon at WDW May 19-26 staying at Pop!

Upvote 0

mickeymaniacs

Already booked for May 10 - May 18 :) And we have not even gone on our Nov 11 - Nov 19 trip yet :)

Feb 15 thru April 30 2011 is a Money pit - you were wise to book in May :) Try at all costs to avoid EARLY May: Grad Nights. No MK. Horrible traffic. No Transportation that touches the MK. Certain Death. Have I been too direct? :)

We are going the 7-14 but we are staying off site. IS the first part of May really that bad? It's our first time going that time of year. We usually go in October, but this time we are celebrating son graduation and 20th anniversary and sister's 40th birthday

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I'll be there the 6th through the 13th.

About the Grad Nights. According to a news item on this site from Sept 29, Grad Nights for 2011 are April 29, April 30, May 6, and May 7.

Luckily these nights won't affect us. We're driving from PA and staying offsite, so we'll be arriving on the 6th and not going anywhere that day. The 7th we're planning on going to Universal with Express passes. We'll be at the World parks from the 8th to the 12th.

I'm glad to be missing Grad Nights. I try to imagine how horrible it would be to be there on one of those days, and I just can't seem to comprehend the severity of the horror.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Although we are going a little later this year (9th May) due to Easter being late, we have been for two weeks late April/early May for the last three years. While we have avoided MK on the saturdays I can honestly say we wouldn't have known it was grad night had I not seen it on the boards.

We love that time of year, the weather is hot but not uncomfortably so, we've had almost no rain, lines are short and most restaurants don't require adrs. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time :)

Upvote 0

stillgoofy

Going April 28-May 10 at SSR and WL cabins. We've gone beginning of May for the past few years and it's a great time to go. Low crowds, good weather, Flower & Garden Fest. Just stay away from MK on Grad Nites and you'll be fine. We've actually gone to MK during those days and never had a problem. Since Grad Nites are separate admission tickets, it does not seem like the attendance in any higher during the days. Great time of year to go. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

pcarathers

We will be there May 28-June 4...either at POFQ or CSR....hoping to have a grand gathering with more family....right now for sure there will be 10..hoping to have 5 more join us!!

Can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!! we were supposed to go originally in December, but a nephew got an invitation of a lifetime through school to visit Washington DC..so we had to reschedule for May...we've been this time of year before and really enjoyed it...

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Our annual May trip dates are unofficial, but we're thinking May 9th-16th. Definitely staying at the Beach Club this year, if rooms are available. Hoping to book in the next few days! :) Hubby & I are going w/my parents this year, so it'll be fun to see things with them for a change.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom