May 11th-18th Trip!

[FONT=&quot]Hi everyone :)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Just got back from Disney on Monday, and I already miss it! I have lots of stories & experiences to share. I uploaded pictures from the trip to a new wdwmagic album so feel free to check em out & leave your comments. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Day 1 - Monday[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We arrived to our resort, The Boardwalk Villas, in the afternoon. It was a beautiful day! We've never stayed at the Boardwalk before so we were really excited. When we checked in, they had anniversary buttons for us and had upgraded us for free to a 1 bedroom villa instead of the studio that we'd booked. The room was gorgeous & we were really surprised!! We had a bottom level floor, with a beautiful view of the Swan & Dolphin. The pool was right around the bend too, it was the perfect location! [/FONT]

14-1.jpg

[FONT=&quot]I had a cake made for my husband for his birthday which was a few days before we arrived. The cake came right after we checked in, and it was delicious! I got the 10 inch cake because I wanted it customized but it was way too big for 2 people. We kept it in the fridge and ate it all week. We still had a ton left. It was vanilla cake, chocolate mousse filling, with chocolate icing & a pirate mickey on top. I was very happy with it![/FONT]

1-1.jpg

[FONT=&quot]We went to the pool, which was like a circus. It was very uncrowded, so we hung out there until it was time to head over to the Polynesian for dinner. Our tradition is going to The Kona Cafe on our first night, and watching the fireworks from the beach after. Dinner was fantastic as usual, and they surprised us with a little anniversary dessert. Afterward, we took the porch swing in the sand & watched the electric water pageant & Wishes. Getting back to our resort.....very confusing! We walked from the Poly to the ticket & transportation center. There we learned that there is no bus to the Boardwalk. So we had to take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom and wait in the bus line there. Other than that - wonderful day![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Day 2 - Tuesday[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We woke up really early to hit the EMH's at Epcot. It was nice going in through the World Showcase entrance. There really wasn't any people at all, it was a great photo opportunity. We rode a lot of the major rides before the regular park hours started, so that was nice. We got character pictures too, there were no lines at all. I actually felt bad for the characters, they were kind of just standing around. I've rarely seen it like that![/FONT]

15-1.jpg

[FONT=&quot]For lunch, we ate at Akershus in Norway. I loved the experience. I think character dinings are so much fun. My DH didn't really like the food - he's a more traditional eater. I actually thought the food was pretty good. We met Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, Snow White & Ariel. Lots of fun![/FONT]

16-1.jpg

[FONT=&quot]We continued riding things & getting character pictures until 4:00PM when the rain started. We met up with some friends in the World Showcase and tried to wait it out but the rain never stopped. We decided to make the best of it, and try to eat & drink around the world. That was SO much fun! We made a little spreadsheet beforehand to keep track of what we had. We bought an Epcot passport too, so in each country we got a stamp & message in the passport. Then we took a photo w/the sign & got something to eat/drink. We had a blast, even though it poured the whole time. We also felt disgusting after 11 countries! We made it to Illuminations and had our choice of where we watched it, since the rain chased so many people away. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When we walked back to our room we noticed the pool was still open and the rain was winding down. So we went for a little late night swim & dip in the hot tub before bed. Another wonderful day![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Day 3 - Wednesday[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tuesday was so exhausting that we decided to take Wednesday off from the parks & do some other things. It actually ended up being our favorite day of our vacation. We slept a little late, but we needed to. We started off the day by renting bikes on the boardwalk. That was really fun - it's a really pretty loop that you take from The Boardwalk to Beach & Yacht Club and past the Swan & Dolphin. Afterward, we walked to Fantasia mini-golf, another perk of staying at The Boardwalk. We decided to play the Fairways course, since it was challenging. It was seriously impossible! I got so frustrated, I kept maxing out on each hole. DH was a lot better than I was.[/FONT]

P5120176-2-1.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Afterward, we hung out at the pool for a bit, and went down the water slide a few times. Then we had to get ready for dinner at the California Grille. I can't say enough about that restaurant, it's spectacular. The view, the food, the service...it is just all amazing! We were so lucky, and were given a window seat. It was right in the middle, the perfect table! We also got seated at 8:15, and Wishes was at 9:00. When they piped the music in, and the show started, I got all teary. I couldn't help it! We had the best time there, I can't imagine any place being any better.[/FONT]

17-1.jpg

[FONT=&quot]After dinner, we walked down to the pool area at the Contemporary & took some pictures. There are some really great picture places at that resort! We noticed they had Bolt playing on a big screen on their beach & since it wasn't crowded we took two lawn chairs & watched too. It was the perfect ending to the perfect day.[/FONT]

6-1.jpg

Day 4-7 coming up!.....

DisneyPrincess'

Sounds like a great trip! I wish I could have gone earlier in May its the perfect time to visit...well besides the rain! I'm getting down there on Tuesday, so hopefully the memorial day crowds will have diminished and I can enjoy shorter wait times (not counting on it though!)

HollyBelle

Great report and pictures :sohappy:!! Thanks for sharing.

I was cracking up when I read that the only reason you wanted the paintbrush FP was so you could scrapbook it... totally sounds like something I would do!! You should join us over on the scrapbooking forum and post your layouts.

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
Great report and pictures :sohappy:!! Thanks for sharing.

I was cracking up when I read that the only reason you wanted the paintbrush FP was so you could scrapbook it... totally sounds like something I would do!! You should join us over on the scrapbooking forum and post your layouts.

oh my gosh, how about I didn't know there was a scrapbooking forum!! I am going to definitely head over! I will have to start taking pictures of my layouts to share. The only other time my group found a paintbrush, my friend insisted we use the FP! How dare she! :lol:

Glad everyone has enjoyed the trip report. Thanks for all the nice comments! Enjoy all of your upcoming trips & I look forward to reading your reports too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom