Matsuriza and British Revolution last performance at EPCOT on Sunday

wannabeBelle

The Band, the Drummers and the Juggler, were they employees or were the there under contract? i read somewhere that these are contracted employees. so by terminating their contracts it could save disney money in the short term and allow these performers to be out from under a contract to find other work.
I am like 95% certain that the British Revolution was contracted, not sure about the others. Marie

TrainsOfDisney

The Band, the Drummers and the Juggler, were they employees or were the there under contract? i read somewhere that these are contracted employees. so by terminating their contracts it could save disney money in the short term and allow these performers to be out from under a contract to find other work.

I’m not certain but the drummers and the Italian mime have been working at Epcot for decades. These were not “short term” entertainment acts.

What other work? There is no work for entertainers right now. There is no way to positively spin this.

Lilofan

I’m not certain but the drummers and the Italian mime have been working at Epcot for decades. These were not “short term” entertainment acts.

What other work? There is no work for entertainers right now. There is no way to positively spin this.
I heard at one time when a show is cancelled and the performers are unemployed they are given an option to work in operations. The catch is it is much lower pay.

trainplane3

Sergios words:
ETKK_6TXkAMyz8c

ETKK_6UX0AAScF4

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The language from the drummers indicated that this was coming and was perhaps accelerated.

Why would they say they enjoyed 25 years and spreading the culture if this was just a closure issue?

I think they knew they were leaving and this just accelerated it.

TrainsOfDisney

I heard at one time when a show is cancelled and the performers are unemployed they are given an option to work in operations. The catch is it is much lower pay.

I think that’s for cast members who were full time? I remember banjo brothers and bob were given that opportunity I think.

HairyChest

is there any other non-essential positions? Not much else entertainment personal that I can think of. Unless they are just shrinking essential positions?

Giss Neric

Orlando will greatly suffer is the 7 theme parks there remain closed on April. Let's be optimistic. I mean this is a pessimistic centered forum after all but let's hope it opens as scheduled and not extend it.

TrainsOfDisney

Can anyone confirm other Epcot entertainers?

Mariachi band? Chinese Acrobats? Chair Stacking Chefs in France?

jammitors and Voices are CM’s as is Carol the piano player. So not sure if they are affected yet or not. Some voices and Carol also perform elsewhere on property too, so different situations.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Heartbroken to hear the news this morning. Going to see British Revolution perform was a major highlight of EPCOT visits over the years. As noted above, was worried for them given the likely location of the announced Mary Poppins attraction, but didn't expect this to happen so soon. :( And sad to hear about the other entertainment cuts as well. Now a bit worried for Carol at the pub and Voices of Liberty even though they are presumably considered more direct employees rather than outside contracted acts...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom