Massive Upgrade For MK Monorail Station

Space Mountain

That's a huge gain for MK and I highly doubt the expansion will cause a sustained gain like that. Maybe there will be a gain of attendance up to 10k as a result, but I don't see it lasted more than a couple months.

SeanC

A capacity gain would consistently effect the phased closings that happen on the big holidays. A large capacity gain means fewer closings, and since the closings happen regularly on the busiest days, yes it would have a sustained effect.

ToTBellHop

I don't find 10k to be that absurd. As was said, this is just for phased closings, and the total park capacity is a matter not only of the number or attractions/shops/restaurants, but also just how much space there is, and this expansion pad is enormous (plus Ariel's Undersea Adventure is very high capacity).

SeaCastle

I don't find 10k to be that absurd. As was said, this is just for phased closings, and the total park capacity is a matter not only of the number or attractions/shops/restaurants, but also just how much space there is, and this expansion pad is enormous (plus Ariel's Undersea Adventure is very high capacity).

Yes, but it has to make up for the capacity lost with the closing of the Skyway and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. In theory, the capacity gained would just put it at the same level if it was in the 90's (which I don't have the numbers for). Not to mention the F&B locations will in part be making up for the closings of the Diamond Horseshoe and Veranda.

This all just makes me much more thankful they supposedly cut the Cinderella/Aurora meet and greet complex. The put-through numbers on that would've been terrible.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

My point is he joined 10 days ago and we don't know him from Adam's housecat. Why should we believe anything he has to say. He has zero credibility.

Disney1971

Original Poster
My point is he joined 10 days ago and we don't know him from Adam's housecat. Why should we believe anything he has to say. He has zero credibility.

Please give it a break. I didn't know they had a HAZING committee on WDWMAGIC. If anyone is "spamming" or "trolling", unkadug is the most guilty party. THIS POST IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING THE MK MONORAIL UPGRADE.

s8film40

I don't think it's "hazing" people just want to know the source that information comes from, after all the information is only as good as it's source. When you list exact numbers it implies that it is factual information, if it's just an estimate on your part that's one thing and no one will criticize that, but to spout off facts without backing them up just leaves us kind of wondering where it came from and whether we believe it or not.

s8film40

Yeah I think you missed the point, I don't believe it. I find the information intriguing and want to know more about it. It had to come from somewhere either you made it up, heard it from a bus driver, or maybe had lunch with Bob Iger, who knows. The point is when you present information like that it just leaves everyone wondering. I think most people here appreciate information regardless of the source, but you have to know where it came from or it's completely useless.

I could come on here and say Disney is building a new park, but if I don't say how I know this really all it is is fan fiction.

Disney1971

Original Poster
Yeah I think you missed the point, I don't believe it. I find the information intriguing and want to know more about it. It had to come from somewhere either you made it up, heard it from a bus driver, or maybe had lunch with Bob Iger, who knows. The point is when you present information like that it just leaves everyone wondering. I think most people here appreciate information regardless of the source, but you have to know where it came from or it's completely useless.

I could come on here and say Disney is building a new park, but if I don't say how I know this really all it is is fan fiction.

The point is: If I wanted you to know my source... You Would Have It. I don't subscribe to or publish "fan fiction".

If it doesn't happen just jump back on your computer and call me a liar. But I don't see that happening.

tizzo

I'm wondering how relevant this is. He's not asking you to invest money or anything. Just sharing information. It may be accurate and it may not. If it's not, the impact on you is - nothing.

It's not terribly controversial information in either case. You will surely agree that FE will increase park capacity to some extent, simply because acreage that is currently backstage is going to be made available to guests. That means, at least occasionally, more people leaving the park after key nighttime entertainment events, therefore more people on line for the monorail, therefore making this as good time as any to pull the trigger on these allegedly long standing plans to make changes to the station that will among other things improve the ability to manage that particular queue.

s8film40

I'm wondering how relevant this is. He's not asking you to invest money or anything. Just sharing information. It may be accurate and it may not. If it's not, the impact on you is - nothing.

It's not terribly controversial information in either case. You will surely agree that FE will increase park capacity to some extent, simply because acreage that is currently backstage is going to be made available to guests. That means, at least occasionally, more people leaving the park after key nighttime entertainment events, therefore more people on line for the monorail, therefore making this as good time as any to pull the trigger on these allegedly long standing plans to make changes to the station that will among other things improve the ability to manage that particular queue.

Yeah it doesn't have any impact on me. I'm just trying to add some amount of value to the information, if I know where it came from than I know how to take the information, if someone on a message board just say's it themselves it really is pretty much useless. Most of the people on here who provide real information will say where it comes from. There really is no point to posting information that has no source.

Mulan

I think it's about due for an upgrade, especially with the ADA compliance. Though, if they really are installing the chandeliers, this makes me sad. I've always found the current decor to be timeless. Well, I guess we'll just have to see.

As for the debate, don't you all realize that most of the stuff on the internet is bound to have a few errors in it; take this with a grain of salt. It doesn't directly affect your life, so just move on. However, I do understand why you request a source, but it's not a life-or-death situation here. Nor will it greatly impact your life.

Disney1971

Original Poster
Yeah it doesn't have any impact on me. I'm just trying to add some amount of value to the information, if I know where it came from than I know how to take the information, if someone on a message board just say's it themselves it really is pretty much useless. Most of the people on here who provide real information will say where it comes from. There really is no point to posting information that has no source.

Then please stop replying and go click another link. There is no point for you to keep saying the same thing over and over. You've made your point: you don't like that you don't have a source to help you sleep at night. I'm sorry but you wont have one. You act as if I were telling you that the Mediterranean Resort was going to be built or that there was going to be some mystery island at AK without having any source...

One More Time: If you don't believe it, click a different link. There are plenty more far fetched ones that someone might have heard from a CM that might ease the pain.:brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom