Massive Upgrade For MK Monorail Station

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Also a correction: Everything in the OP is true but the time line for the widening of the ramps is not correct. This should be completed right before the opening of the FL expansion as the capacity of the park is also going to go up another 10 thousand guests. Sorry Guys :(

Source please...

I just do not believe that.

_Scar

LOL

Fantasyland Expansion is just something that we can never quite figure out.

What else will you have in store for us, oh great Fantasyland?

Disney1971

Original Poster
I thought the same thing. I just searched the permit thread and couldn't find anything relating to the monorails. However, if this is true we could see some permits being filed soon, as the time between a permit being posted online and work beginning varies often.

I hope the changes aren't as massive as the OP says they are. I've always found the monorail station quite charming.

Also lack of permit in the Permit thread doesn't mean there isn't truth.

SeaCastle

Also Permit thread doesn't mean jack.

I've only been updating the permit thread for a week or so (which takes enough time as it is, I don't know if you realize that) but I'm a bit taken aback by that comment. I'm not sure how Master Yoda or edwardtc will feel when they read your post but it is very insulting considering the hours and days spent compiling it.

mp2bill

In the very near future the MK monorail station is going to receive a massive overhaul. They have already started by removing the old ceiling fans and have installed new ones that have built in lighting. It also looks as if all of the old "pole lighting" will be removed permanently. New "chandelier" style lighting is set to be added to inside of the monorail station. They will also be widening the entry ramps for the both the express and the resort monorails to be comparable to the width of the ramps at EPCOT. Maybe we'll see some new monorails next?:sohappy:

Source?

I wonder if they'll be able to do this without interupting service.

This is great news, as it REALLY needs it. In fact, all the monorail stations need a good once over. They're all pretty dirty.

Hopefully...

Disney1971

Original Poster
I've only been updating the permit thread for a week or so (which takes enough time as it is, I don't know if you realize that) but I'm a bit taken aback by that comment. I'm not sure how Master Yoda or edwardtc will feel when they read your post but it is very insulting considering the hours and days spent compiling it.

it wasn't intended to offend anyone. the permit thread if a great piece of work and it is appreciated but the lack of presence of an item in the permit thread doesn't make any particular post false.

Tom

Beta Return
it wasn't intended to offend anyone. the permit thread if a great piece of work and it is appreciated but the lack of presence of an item in the permit thread doesn't make any particular post false.

Exactly. No offense taken (within the context of this discussion).

If work is being done already, they just failed to file a permit. Lord knows SeaCastle and I don't miss any :lol:

Disney1971

Original Poster
This Thread was created for the purpose of discussing the upgrade to the monorail station. Let's be civil. Please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom