Massive Upgrade For MK Monorail Station

Disney1971

Original Poster
In the very near future the MK monorail station is going to receive a massive overhaul. They have already started by removing the old ceiling fans and have installed new ones that have built in lighting. It also looks as if all of the old "pole lighting" will be removed permanently. New "chandelier" style lighting is set to be added to inside of the monorail station. They will also be widening the entry ramps for the both the express and the resort monorails to be comparable to the width of the ramps at EPCOT. Maybe we'll see some new monorails next?:sohappy:

captainkidd

I wonder if they'll be able to do this without interupting service.

This is great news, as it REALLY needs it. In fact, all the monorail stations need a good once over. They're all pretty dirty.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's kind of odd that no permits have been filed for this. Especially the widening of the ramps would require a permit. Disney normally files permits for changing a light bulb.:lol:

SeaCastle

It's kind of odd that no permits have been filed for this. Especially the widening of the ramps would require a permit. Disney normally files permits for changing a light bulb.:lol:

I thought the same thing. I just searched the permit thread and couldn't find anything relating to the monorails. However, if this is true we could see some permits being filed soon, as the time between a permit being posted online and work beginning varies often.

I hope the changes aren't as massive as the OP says they are. I've always found the monorail station quite charming.

hpyhnt 1000

Intersting to hear this... I don't quite understand why the MK station is getting attention; I've always thought it looked fine.

If there's any station that needs an overhaul, its the TTC. In fact, the entire TTC complex could benefit from a complete re-do and update (starting with the removal of those hideous metal arches). Don't get me wrong, its nice to see potential upgrades being made to the Main Street Station, but I think the money could be better served over at the TTC. :shrug:

Mr.EPCOT

In the very near future the MK monorail station is going to receive a massive overhaul. They have already started by removing the old ceiling fans and have installed new ones that have built in lighting. It also looks as if all of the old "pole lighting" will be removed permanently. New "chandelier" style lighting is set to be added to inside of the monorail station. They will also be widening the entry ramps for the both the express and the resort monorails to be comparable to the width of the ramps at EPCOT. Maybe we'll see some new monorails next?:sohappy:

Did you hear this from a Monorail Cast Member?

mickey2008.1

Its good to see some work being done, even if its small updates. Ive always liked that station, so i hope they dont go messing with it too much. Like others have said, TTC needs it more, but lets be happy they are doing something positive. Baby steps leads to big things.

raven

I've seen concept art of a new winding path between the station and the railroad for times when the line gets heavy. Don't know if this will be part of that or not but it was interesting none the less.

Mr.EPCOT

I've seen concept art of a new winding path between the station and the railroad for times when the line gets heavy. Don't know if this will be part of that or not but it was interesting none the less.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to, Co-Pilot Gardens. The fellow responsible for putting that plan together has been championing it for a good ten years or so. I hope it's finally happening, but I'd be surprised if it did. It sounds like work is definitely happening on the lights, but I don't know about the rest of it.

hpyhnt 1000

Yeah, that's what I was referring to, Co-Pilot Gardens. The fellow responsible for putting that plan together has been championing it for a good ten years or so. I hope it's finally happening, but I'd be surprised if it did. It sounds like work is definitely happening on the lights, but I don't know about the rest of it.

Co-Pilot Gardens? There's a name for this potential extended queue area? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom