Massive guest room refurbishment project of several Disney resorts begins this summer

elizs77

It's about time they worked on the Epcot deluxe resorts. We didn't even consider them for our last trip, and the lack of refurb was one of the key reasons.

marypoppins68

Room refurbs are always a good thing. Even though we don't spend much time in the resorts, having a clean, fresh room is much appreciated. Any chance of mattresses in the redo?

I know a bunch of rooms in building 10 at Pop were getting new mattresses last week. Our room didn't get one but the rooms on either side of us did. THey spent just about all day bringing new mattresses into rooms and bringing the old ones out. I think they were Serta.

mainstreet1997

Oh no! Well if Boardwalk is refurbishing everything maybe theyll give me one of the paintings from the studio rooms! Also on our last day at Boardwalk in May we got new patio furniture (they had been bringing it all week to rooms but we were one of the rooms on the top floor). We Christened it too -- by sitting on it, and nothing else! ;)

Jodileigh

Oh no! Well if Boardwalk is refurbishing everything maybe theyll give me one of the paintings from the studio rooms! Also on our last day at Boardwalk in May we got new patio furniture (they had been bringing it all week to rooms but we were one of the rooms on the top floor). We Christened it too -- by sitting on it, and nothing else! ;)

WHEW!! You had me worried there for a minute!!:ROFLOL:

Jodi

kdavis

Well, Riverside just went through a phased refurb of all the rooms a couple years ago. I know it was ongoing when we were there in 2004.

As for French Quarter, it was completely overhauled in 2002 during the full hotel closure mentioned in the Yee article.

-Rob

My family stayed in two rooms at Riverside - Magnolia Bend - and I was really surprised at the condition of the rooms, for a Disney resort. The grout in the bathroom was mildewy, the bathtub stained up, shelves and furniture was dusty and, on the outside, it looked like most of the doors had been kicked in at various times - most were marked up and scarred (probably just from luggage and feet knocking into them, but it still looked bad). Loved the grounds, really didn't like the room.

earldw28

There still isnt a whole lot of info here. I mean it says existing reservations will still be fine but are they going to stop taking any reservations for the resorts that are being refurbished and does it include the Villas or not. If nobody knows yet thats fine but I was just wondering. I am planning to stay at the BCV in October but I cant make my res. until July.

DonaldDoleWhip

I know this thread isn't really recent news anymore, but I was just wondering if there are any updates.

Boardwalk Inn, Caribbean Beach, and Beach Club have already started their refurbishments. I like them all, especially Beach Club.

Any updates on Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, or Wilderness Lodge Villas? I know CSR has been upgrading to queen beds recently, but does anyone know if/when these resorts will start totally refurbishing their rooms?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom