Massage chairs to be installed at SPACE MOUNTAIN

KevinPage

Original Poster
FYI - no idea if this is big news or totally trivial, but......

My neighbor, who works for Smart Carte (company that does electronic lockers, carts, etc.) told me he is going to be installing "massage chairs" over at Space Mountain next week (after the 4th of July).

He didn't know why or exactly where in the attraction, except it was "downstairs".

Sounds like something "post show" related. I should have more details after he completes the job as to the exact placement, etc.

uklad79

FYI - no idea if this is big news or totally trivial, but......

My neighbor, who works for Smart Carte (company that does electronic lockers, carts, etc.) told me he is going to be installing "massage chairs" over at Space Mountain next week (after the 4th of July).

He didn't know why or exactly where in the attraction, except it was "downstairs".

Sounds like something "post show" related. I should have more details after he completes the job as to the exact placement, etc.

I always feel tense after going on Space Mountain why not just install them as the ride seats in the cars.
When I was out their in May I saw teams of people waering black polos with Smart Carte on them around various places on property. I wonder if they and Disney have come to some deal to install their products on property? I have only ever seen their baggage carts at the airport where you have to pay for them! Bloody American airports give them out free you tight gits.

jonnyc

Hmm does he do those massage chairs where you have to pay for like a minutes use? We have a few of those at out local shopping centre.

uklad79

Haha i know! I always get lumped with carrying the bags because of that.

I have never seen it in Europe but every cheapskate American airport seems to have one of these Smart Carte racks that you need change for. Not that smart are they, don't they know overseas tourists don't have change so why have them in international terminals unless they plan to put a change machine near them. :fork:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yeah, this seems kinda odd for a post show, it sounds to me like they're being installed possibly for CM use.:shrug:

Is working Space Mountain any more stressful than any other role at MK?

I bet the other CM's are gonna get jealous.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
My money says they're for a post show trying to sell you expensive stuff you don't need, no matter how sweet it is. Basically a Sharper Image.

disneydiva72

It could be something for tourists.....at the Bronx zoo because its so large they have foot massage chairs where you put money in you sit and put your feet up and the chairs "footrest" massages your feet, maybe it will be kind of the same thing (?)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I have never seen it in Europe but every cheapskate American airport seems to have one of these Smart Carte racks that you need change for. Not that smart are they, don't they know overseas tourists don't have change so why have them in international terminals unless they plan to put a change machine near them. :fork:

European airports always have the carts for free. US airports, in my experience usually have them free at international arrivals (IAD and ORD do) and make you pay elsewhere, but these days the pay versions usually take credit cards.

Yeah, this seems kinda odd for a post show, it sounds to me like they're being installed possibly for CM use.:shrug:

I'd assume that they'd most likely be going into the arcade at the SM exit.

-Rob

That would be my guess, if they really are being installed.

:king:What they need is FOOT massager's.

Go on the speedramp up to TTA with your feet along the edge of the ramp...great foot massage. :)

PaisleyMF

"Downstairs"... isn't there a break room for cast members in that area... if so. could it be for a "Backstage magic" event. (just i case a Backstage magic is like YoaMD for cast members).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom