Masks and Social Distancing Go Away in WDW

When Masks and Social Distancing will go away in USA?

• Summer 2021

Votes: 45 10.5%
  • Fall/Winter 2021

Votes: 123 28.7%

Votes: 228 53.1%

Votes: 20 4.7%

Votes: 6 1.4%

Votes: 7 1.6%

• Total voters

Chi84

Premium Member
It also hasn't been proven to be false 🤷‍♂️
Actually, at the start the scientists making the vaccine said there's no universe in which a 95% effective vaccine doesn't also stop transmission, but that they couldn't make any claims regarding transmission because the trials were not set up to measure it. Since then, studies by Pfizer and Moderna have shown that the vaccines protect against infection and transmission as well as symptoms. The CDC's own study showed only 0.008% of vaccinated people have been infected. People who do not get COVID are not transmitting it to others.

People mistakenly believe that a 95% effectiveness rate means 5% of vaccinated people in the trials got COVID. In reality, the number was about a hundred times less than that because effectiveness was measured against the control group and not all people in the control group got COVID. I've posted support for all of these statements in other threads - people who have their minds made up don't care.

People who have not yet decided on whether to get the vaccines need to know how effective they are - telling them they can still get COVID and transmit it to others, without emphasizing how incredibly rare that would be, seems irresponsible to me. The CDC has to be careful about changing its recommendations on mitigation for vaccinated people because most people are not vaccinated and there is no reliable way to differentiate at this time.

Hockey89

Actually, at the start the scientists making the vaccine said there's no universe in which a 95% effective vaccine doesn't also stop transmission, but that they couldn't make any claims regarding transmission because the trials were not set up to measure it. Since then, studies by Pfizer and Moderna have shown that the vaccines protect against infection and transmission as well as symptoms. The CDC's own study showed only 0.008% of vaccinated people have been infected. People who do not get COVID are not transmitting it to others.

People mistakenly believe that a 95% effectiveness rate means 5% of vaccinated people in the trials got COVID. In reality, the number was about a hundred times less than that because effectiveness was measured against the control group and not all people in the control group got COVID. I've posted support for all of these statements in other threads - people who have their minds made up don't care.

People who have not yet decided on whether to get the vaccines need to know how effective they are - telling them they can still get COVID and transmit it to others, without emphasizing how incredibly rare that would be, seems irresponsible to me. The CDC has to be careful about changing its recommendations on mitigation for vaccinated people because most people are not vaccinated and there is no reliable way to differentiate at this time.
Using real facts and logic. That has no place here

Hockey89

No I was being serious - - - - - sure the US is doing great with vaccines. The rest of the world however.......not so much.
Too many people from around the globe to contend with.
Remember - - - once you are vaccinated you can get still get and transmit the virus...especially the new variants.

It is going to be a long road people - - we are in a GLOBAL pandemic. We are all effecting each other right now.
Sometime in 2023 we might get to be mask free.....that is a might.

Just my 2 cents:)
2023 hahahahahah...

bdearl41

No I was being serious - - - - - sure the US is doing great with vaccines. The rest of the world however.......not so much.
Remember - - - once you are vaccinated you can get still get and transmit the virus...especially the new variants.

It is going to be a long road people - - we are in a GLOBAL pandemic. We are all effecting each other right now.

I can tell you in NC it’s pretty much mask free except in Charlotte, Raleigh, parts of Durham and parts of Greensboro.

Sixfingeredman

I understand why some people hold a conservative point of view regarding masks, but I think it's unbelievably unrealistic to think they'll stick around until 2023. There's just no way. Most people are sick of them already, and the higher the vaccinated number gets, the less mask rules we will see. Personally, I think eliminating them in places like DW will occur somewhere between September of 2021 - March of 2022.

NickMaio

So the goal post is now on the 100% line?
Be realistic about what is going on here.......
Even if everyone in Florida is vaccinated - - - you need to look at the bigger picture, the rest of the world is not.

This is going to be a much longer road than anyone wants.

Florida is a global hub - - - - - do the math what is .008% of 350,000,000? - - - That is the number of people who can get and infect others with covid if your whole country is vaccinated.
It is a global pandemic. Its is reality.

bdearl41

Be realistic about what is going on here.......
Even if everyone in Florida is vaccinated - - - you need to look at the bigger picture, the rest of the world is not.

This is going to be a much longer road than anyone wants.

Florida is a global hub - - - - - do the math what is .008% of 350,000,000? - - - That is the number of people who can get and infect others with covid if your whole country is vaccinated.
It is a global pandemic. Its is reality.
This isn’t exactly correct. Those 2.8 million succeptable to catching it, mostly asymptomatic I might add would have to constantly reinfect one another. And the statistics on reinfection is even lower at .0065 so really having 70-80% is sufficient to bring the R0 number down to where it would be rare to have very minor outbreaks.

NickMaio

This isn’t exactly correct. Those 2.8 million succeptable to catching it, mostly asymptomatic I might add would have to constantly reinfect one another. And the statistics on reinfection is even lower at .0065 so really having 70-80% is sufficient to bring the R0 number down to where it would be rare to have very minor outbreaks.
Also think about the 3% of your country that still views this as a hoax and will not get vaccinated.
Semantics about stats.....it IS possible to get anc infected others
We are all in this for the long haul.
2023 IF we are lucky.

Chi84

Premium Member
Also think about the 3% of your country that still views this as a hoax and will not get vaccinated.
Semantics about stats.....it IS possible to get anc infected others
We are all in this for the long haul.
2023 IF we are lucky.
Mitigation measures won't last without public support, and no one will support them until 2023. If COVID is still presenting a serious issue by then, there will likely be more acceptance for the idea of vaccine passports and other measures that will allow people to get back to normal. The good news is that the vaccinated are protected and the majority of the people who are most severely impacted have already been vaccinated.

pixie225

It is fact.....you can still get covid after being vaccinated.
This has happened to 4 people in my province already this month.
And guess what....they CAN infect others.
I know of 2 people in the same situation. One was in her eighties, and one in his 50's. They still took precautions and still came down with covid. And look at the UConn Women's basketball coach - Geno Auriemma. He was fully vaccinated and came down with covid at the beginning of the NCAA women's sweet 16. Missed 2 games due to quarantine.

RoyWalley

I know of 2 people in the same situation. One was in her eighties, and one in his 50's. They still took precautions and still came down with covid. And look at the UConn Women's basketball coach - Geno Auriemma. He was fully vaccinated and came down with covid at the beginning of the NCAA women's sweet 16. Missed 2 games due to quarantine.
Incorrect information regarding Geno:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom