Marvel's The Eternals

Jedijax719

I hope the movie will be good. Personally I really want to see Shang Chi get a sequel.
Every Marvel film gets a sequel. Every first movie has been great. No reason to think that Shang-Chi or Eternals will deviate from that. Maybe the numbers won't be what others have been (but several character-intro movies have been on the lower end of Marvel numbers anyway and still got sequels).

The only one that might not get a sequel is Black Widow simply because of the nature of the film. But even that COULD get a sequel that still comes before her IM2 appearance.

doctornick

Every Marvel film gets a sequel. Every first movie has been great. No reason to think that Shang-Chi or Eternals will deviate from that. Maybe the numbers won't be what others have been (but several character-intro movies have been on the lower end of Marvel numbers anyway and still got sequels).

The only one that might not get a sequel is Black Widow simply because of the nature of the film. But even that COULD get a sequel that still comes before her IM2 appearance.

Just to clarify: Black Widow takes place between CA: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War. Well after Iron Man 2. So, if it has a "sequel" it would also be in that same period before Infinity War. I suppose there could always been an even earlier prequel for Natasha though (maybe we'll someday get a movie about her time in Budapest with Hawkeye).

Regarding all the other films though, at some point Marvel is just going to run out of release dates with so many properties. I don't think they'll want to be going 6 or 8 years in between sequels for films. My guess is that they are going to start making some sequels Disney+ properties - either a full fledged series, mini-series or even as D+ exclusive films. That would both provide high value content for Disney+ but also help with the feature film release schedules.

erasure fan1

I don't think they'll want to be going 6 or 8 years in between sequels for films. My guess is that they are going to start making some sequels Disney+ properties - either a full fledged series, mini-series or even as D+ exclusive films. That would both provide high value content for Disney+ but also help with the feature film release schedules.
That's a good bet for sure. I don't see Widow being some runaway hit that they will need a theatrical sequel. D+ is made for the side content that really doesn't need a theatrical releases. Or as a proving ground for a lesser known character to enter the movies.

Jedijax719

Okay I did not know the timeframe for Black Widow. Thanks.

There's also going to be an Avengers 5 at some point, but I am not
That's a good bet for sure. I don't see Widow being some runaway hit that they will need a theatrical sequel. D+ is made for the side content that really doesn't need a theatrical releases. Or as a proving ground for a lesser known character to enter the movies.
Assuming that Eternals, Shang Chi, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man,Captain Marvel, and Spiderman (plus whoever takes over the mantle of Black Panther) will be part of whatever Avengers 5 will be, their sequels will feed into that storyline. Having multiple BW movies will be confusing and a bit out of place.

NateD1226

1621864214427.png

erasure fan1

The trailer didn't give us a whole lot but it was good to see some real footage. I am not sold on it yet. Hopefully the main story trailer really hits it out of the park. I'm not sure this trailer gives anyone who is not familiar with the characters a reason to see this outside of it being an mcu film.

tcool123

I assume the Eternals are allowed to cross the Mississippi?
The Eternals appeared at Walt Disney Presents a few years back as a tribute to Jack Kirby.

If Shang Chi is allowed to cross maybe we could see a Dr Strange, Eternals, Shang Chi land form

Alternatively Eternals may be a decentish enough fit for Tomorrowland depending on what the movie is actually like

Neither are rumors just ideas I threw out now

Lucky Rabbit

Admittedly, I don't really *get* this yet, but I'm open to the possibilities...

#trustinthefeige #makeminemcu
I think we’ll have to wait until Shang-Chi hits theaters before we get a trailer that reveals more of the story. But there’s a reason Marvel wants this movie released during awards season.

From February:

Feige on what he thought of Chloe’s pitch: https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...-nomadland-marvel-eternals-interview-1115696/
“Not only does Chloe make remarkable, small, personal movies in a remarkable, small, personal way, but she thinks in grand, cosmic, gigantic terms, which fit perfectly with what we wanted to do,” says Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige, who calls Zhao’s pitch for the movie the best he’d ever heard. “Eternals is a very big, sweeping, multimillennial-spanning story. And she just got it.”

MarvelCharacterNerd

I think we’ll have to wait until Shang-Chi hits theaters before we get a trailer that reveals more of the story. But there’s a reason Marvel wants this movie released during awards season.

From February:

Feige on what he thought of Chloe’s pitch: https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...-nomadland-marvel-eternals-interview-1115696/

Yeah, I trust Feige has his reasons and they're good ones.

But for now I'm just way more excited about Shang-Chi frankly than either Black Widow or Eternals. It's just calling me as something more interesting to me than the other two.

DCLcruiser

Does that mean that WDW does not have to adhere to the Marvel/Park deal for Eternals?

Why/how is that?
The Avengers are prohibited in WDW, however, it seems that only Sersi and Gilgamesh (per Wikipedia) were ever members in the comics. The others just fought along side the Avengers. So, they are probably allowed at WDW.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom