Marvel's Fantastic Four

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It would be great if he returned to play Magneto but I doubt we will see any X-Men stuff for a while. I remember seeing an article somewhere about Kevin Feige possibly meeting with Fassbender for the role of Doom. I cant remember where though.
There were some reports back in Sept 2019, but I don't think any of them were serious.

Ideally I'd think they'd like to find someone who isn't already tied to a Marvel property from the past.

Christoph Waltz was also a name thrown around for both Doom and Magneto. And personally outside of McMahon I think he might be a good pick for Doom.

The Grand Inquisitor

There were some reports back in Sept 2019, but I don't think any of them were serious.

Ideally I'd think they'd like to find someone who isn't already tied to a Marvel property from the past.

Christoph Waltz was also a name thrown around for both Doom and Magneto. And personally outside of McMahon I think he might be a good pick for Doom.
Waltz would be good but he seems kinda too old to be Doom. Doom should be around Reed's age. If John Krasinski is cast as Reed Fassbender would be in the right age range to play Doom.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Waltz would be good but he seems kinda too old to be Doom. Doom should be around Reed's age. If John Krasinski is cast as Reed Fassbender would be in the right age range to play Doom.

The good thing about Doom is he is behind the mask almost exclusively. So age ultimately doesn't matter. And with the de-aging tech being perfected with every film he could be de-aged for the flashback origin story, and then behind the mask for the rest of the films.

Fassbender just seems like he wouldn't want his face covered entirely with a mask. If he comes back to Marvel via the MCU he probably would want a role where his face is front and center.

The Grand Inquisitor

The good thing about Doom is he is behind the mask almost exclusively. So age ultimately doesn't matter. And with the de-aging tech being perfected with every film he could be de-aged for the flashback origin story, and then behind the mask for the rest of the films.

Fassbender just seems like he wouldn't want his face covered entirely with a mask. If he comes back to Marvel via the MCU he probably would want a role where his face is front and center.
I definitely see your point. Also maybe Fassbender could show his face off and maybe in the MCU Doom isn't scarred but wears the mask to strike fear into his enemies. I have no idea tbh, I'm just spit balling. Whoever Feige picks will be an amazing pick.

Darkprime

Original Poster
That's possible. I was thinking November, 2023 but July is certainly possible.

Maybe it will be July 2023 and we'll see Eternals 2 in November 2023???

I think it will depend on when the next Spider-Man movie comes out. If Sony stick to the every 2 years schedule Disney might have to give up that July date to Sony which could bump F4 to November like you say.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I assumed he’d be a one off but it certainly sounds like Krasinki would welcome more Mr. Fantastic.

I think most fans would be open to him (again) and Emily Blunt playing Reed and Sue in the new movie. Its the number one fan casting for those characters.

Given the reaction in Dr Strange 2, it'd be a disappointment to have anyone else play them at this point.

Lucky Rabbit

F4 won’t be an origin story.

Over at Fox, Fantastic Four previously had a pair of Chris Evans-starring films in the aughts, as well as a disastrous box office miss in 2015 from director Josh Trank. Feige compared Marvel’s new take on the heroes to its pact with Sony to bring Spider-Man into the MCU, noting this will not be another origin story. “A lot of people know this origin story. A lot of people know the basics. How do we take that and bring something that they’ve never seen before?” said Feige, who added that given the superteam launched the Marvel Comics universe back in 1961, “We’ve set a very high bar for ourselves with bringing that to the screen.”

MickeyMouse10

I wonder who they are going to Gender or Race swap in this one???

I'm hoping "The Thing" will be the one switched, it would be alright if he's African American. They just need someone with a cool voice like Khary Payton from "The Walking Dead".

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

So you don't actually see that he's Black? That's what makes it OK?

In the comics the characters have looked a certain way since 1961. They may act the same, no matter what they look like. But changing their race or sex will change their outer appearance. Therefore it wouldn't be true to their comic origins.

I didn't even like Jessica Alba and Michael Chiklis in the 1st big budget version. Because they both didn't fit the characters. One was obviously wearing a blonde wig and contacts and the other was way too short.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom