Marvel Studios Developing Asian Superhero Film ‘Shang-Chi’

Epct82

What a dumpster fire this whole thing is becoming. Can't we just appreciate the movie for... the movie?
https:///2021/08/marvel-awkwafina-shang-chi-boycott-ct1/

Animaniac93-98

Needless to say, this movie's reviews have prompted me to already plan on doing the October Premier Access.

I had not heard about a Premier Access release, what day in Oct will that be?

EDIT: found an article about it. I guess 45 days after September 3 would make its release October 18?

Jedijax719

I had not heard about a Premier Access release, what day in Oct will that be?

EDIT: found an article about it. I guess 45 days after September 3 would make its release October 18?
Yes, it has a 45-day theater exclusive release. After that, it will be available on D+ for PA. I am going to assume that it will be "free" on D+ by the holiday time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Might not be a definite PA release in October on D+.
Umm... that article revealed zero new information. Everyone knows that Disney movies are now in a 45 day window and all new Marvel movies will hit D+.

The article asks a question and doesn't answer it: Will it also hit other 'windows' such as premium channels and PPV outlets in addition to D+?

EDIT: Just checked... Cruella and Black Widow are on other streamers for rent or buy, so, I suppose the same will be for Shang-chi and Eternals.

Epct82

Umm... that article revealed zero new information. Everyone knows that Disney movies are now in a 45 day window and all new Marvel movies will hit D+.

The article asks a question and doesn't answer it: Will it also hit other 'windows' such as premium channels and PPV outlets in addition to D+?

EDIT: Just checked... Cruella and Black Widow are on other streamers for rent or buy, so, I suppose the same will be for Shang-chi and Eternals.
Geez dude. He just shared an article, not insult your favorite relative.

This place is bonkers.

NateD1226

Original Poster
Shang-Chi has earned an A CinemaScore.

Plus, the audience score on Rotten Tomatoes is 98% (which is AMAZING). It's the highest audience score for any MCU movie ever!

vikescaper

I really, really enjoyed Shang-Chi and am looking forward to seeing it again! If you are capable of seeing this in the theater, go watch it!

Jedijax719

The movie is looking to do a LOT higher at the box office than predicted. Deadline had it at around $45 million for the 4-day holiday weekend. It will do better than that after 2 days. It's looking to do $65-$70 million for the 2-day weekend and at least $80 million for the 4-day weekend.

Archie123

It is doing horrible compared to other marvel films. Waaay less than Black Widow and less than Fast and Furiois 9

And you are still very wrong that it would do horrible because it’s doing great for a Labor Day movie. Also, Black Widow is an established Marvel character which would almost guarantee that movie to have a bigger opening. It’s ok, like many things you’ve posted you got it wrong.

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It's doing horrible things to your reputation on this forum as you denounce several successful movies as bombs.
It has made less than Fast and Furious 9 and is the lowest opening Marvel movie yet. Who cares about Labor Day? Not even a real holiday. 4th of July, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Now those are holidays. Wana impress me? "Break records" on a holiday that actually counts against some real competition. Saying you won Labor Day is like saying you hooked up finally with the hot girl you had a crush on in high school but its the 15 year reunion.

Ripken10

It has made less than Fast and Furious 9 and is the lowest opening Marvel movie yet. Who cares about Labor Day? Not even a real holiday. 4th of July, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Now those are holidays. Wana impress me? "Break records" on a holiday that actually counts against some real competition. Saying you won Labor Day is like saying you hooked up finally with the hot girl you had a crush on in high school but its the 15 year reunion.
Actually no it is not. It's opening night is not the lowest opening ever. It's opening night is nearly identical to the opening night of Fast 9. It beat the opening night of Ant-man, a movie considered a success. It broke the Labor Day 3 day weekend record, on the first day. While it may not beat Black Widow's opening or Fast, there is a real possibility that it can and will beat one or both's total box office. This is a HUGE accomplishment for an unknown character. Nobody that knows anything about the movie buisiness will ever call this a bomb. This will be considered a huge success and what all are hoping is a huge stepping stone for the industry. Because it is either that, a breakout movie and/or a stepping stone for the industry. Every word you say shows how little you know about the industry right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom