Marketplace Causeway construction

RSoxNo1

Photo update as of Sunday, Feb 15. Close-up photos of the four kiosks near the T-Rex end of the causeway.
View attachment 83196

The Florida Bath Co., shown below, is owned by Basin in the Marketplace.

View attachment 83197

The colored circles on the Flour and Sugar kiosk are round containers the customer selects to put the cookies in. They are all the same, just different colors.

View attachment 83198

Kate & Leo sell toys and novelties.

View attachment 83199
Did these all open yesterday?

Edit: Looks like they opened on 2/13.

Last edited:

TomHendricks

I got to walk across the causeway on Sunday, there was so much anticipation. It is truly beautiful and useful, makes going across DTD super easy. I was at the Lego Store with my sons, I was sitting while they were racing Lego they were building. This couple were arguing about weather the causeway had always been there or not. It was pretty funny to hear, he was insisting it has always been there. I think that's what Disney does best, when they add stuff to an existing area, the ability to blend the new with the old is usually outstanding.

Miketic

One of the kiosks sells these Floridian Cookies which I bought one that is S'more flavored. It was delicious!
2015-02-18 16.51.03.jpg

TomHendricks

I agree that this is incredibly well done. Disney has made me want to go walk across a bridge so badly. lol They are good!
That was me too, I couldn't wait to get to DTD so I could walk across the damn causeway. I walked across it and I immediately wanted to do it again. Which I did, I'm looking forward to my next trip, so I can just walk across the causeway.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, Sept 6. Two of the kiosks on the Marketplace bridge since opening are now gone: Flour and Sugar cookies and Florida Bath Co. (operated by Basin). In their place, the Duncan yo-yo kiosk was moved from the bridge between T-Rex and Fulton's.

IMG_6137.JPG

The snow cone and hanging mobile kiosks that were on this side of the bridge between T-Rex and Fulton's were relocated to the other side of this bridge.

IMG_6138.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Jan. 30. As reported earlier, two of the Marketplace Causeway extensions at either end of the causeway have been behind construction walls for several weeks. Based on the plumbing viewed here, it appears new food/drink service kiosks are being built. The below photo was taken at the Rainforest Café end of the causeway, with the construction walls at the other end of the causeway visible in the distance. The large building in the background is part of new Town Center, between the Lego Store and T-Rex Café.

IMG_7253.JPG

bhg469

Photo update as of Saturday, Jan. 30. As reported earlier, two of the Marketplace Causeway extensions at either end of the causeway have been behind construction walls for several weeks. Based on the plumbing viewed here, it appears new food/drink service kiosks are being built. The below photo was taken at the Rainforest Café end of the causeway, with the construction walls at the other end of the causeway visible in the distance. The large building in the background is part of new Town Center, between the Lego Store and T-Rex Café.

View attachment 128454
The town center looks like it could open very soon. Any idea when?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom