Marketplace Causeway construction

bhg469

Thanks steve. As someone who visits FL once a year for work, Downtown Disney/Disney Springs is one place that allows me to kill time and these additions are at least a little more of a time waster. I definitely do not like the new tenants so far so the town center may be a little better.

bhg469

All of the new restaurants that have opened are VERY good. One could argue they're better than the original dining options...well besides Earl of Sandwich because that's just always the bomb.
I'm sorry I was referring to the airport terminal level shops. The restaurants are pretty impressive, the retail stores... not so much.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Feb. 20. Thanks to @JordanKing for the pointer. Within the last few days, this pre-fab building of significant size was placed at the T-Rex end of the Marketplace Causeway. There appears to be a shelf at the front for the walk-up windows.

IMG_7389.JPG

IMG_7393.JPG

IMG_7391.JPG

At the Rainforest Café end of the Marketplace Causeway, the foundation is being readied for another large kiosk.

IMG_7394.JPG

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Blaze Pizza was confirmed awhile back to be coming to DS so that may be it.
I don't think Blaze use that style oven. It's also on one of the maps that they will have a larger unit in the Town Center that allows for seating.

This could be a take out Disney flatbread outlet.

Magic Feather

And you know because it's Disney, people will gladly pay a dollar to cross the causeway!
Don't worry, they will make it an ultra themed experience by having certain WDWMagic members man the bridge, therefore making it a Troll Toll Bridge.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Come on up! Give the troll your cash, then across the bridge you'll make the dash. Don't worry folks, they are harmless, they just live in their parents' basement.

roj2323

The roundish building on the rainforest side of the clauseway is now in place. I would have gotten photos last night but it was already dark out.

matt9112

Don't worry, they will make it an ultra themed experience by having certain WDWMagic members man the bridge, therefore making it a Troll Toll Bridge.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Come on up! Give the troll your cash, then across the bridge you'll make the dash. Don't worry folks, they are harmless, they just live in their parents' basement.

This made my day. But kudos to them really putting a lot of stuff in the project footprint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom