Margarita's at WDW

dandlewood

in the same vein as the original post, what is the general consensus about the $10 glow cube martini's? Worth it?
(By worth it, I mean are they at least in regular size glasses and is the glow cube worth collecting. I have beef with martini's in 4 oz glasses.)

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
in the same vein as the original post, what is the general consensus about the $10 glow cube martini's? Worth it?
(By worth it, I mean are they at least in regular size glasses and is the glow cube worth collecting. I have beef with martini's in 4 oz glasses.)
I don't know where they serve those...the only glow cubes that I have heard of are at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre at MGM.
:confused:

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

I would agree that Mexico has the best FROZEN margaritas. But if you really love margaritas (like I do) go to Downtown Disney. There is a little Margarita Bar kind of next to Cap'n Jacks. They have an 1800 Grand Margarita....... yummy!!! This is my fave margarita ever - EVER - and we have been known to drive to DTD after dinner some nights just so I can get it. DH gets the Rum Runner, which is light rum, dark rum, rum, rum, rum, a little bit of fruit juice, and they float Bacardi 151 Rum on top. DH prefers to have the 151 shaken in with the other rums (oh, and the splash of juice) over ice. Even though I LOVE rum, I cannot drink the Rum Runner. After a sip or two, I feel like I might fall over. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

-SIR-

I would say that if you really like margaritas that stand in mexico has absolutly the worst margarita's at Disney World... Every Flavor Tastes the same and they use the cheapest Tequila so it ends up tasting like a watered down rubing achol-rita.... yuck

For the best Margarita's you might try the kiosks in Pleassure Island, The Maya Grill at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, The rainforest cafe has a good one i think, or you might even try the restaurant inside mexico where they might have a better one than at the yucky kiosk.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

stussy96

A few places have these. Coral Reef has a really good martini with the glow cubes. Most excellent. I believe the Ice Wine Martini from Canada also has a glow cube.

You get to keep the cube since they cannot reuse it. It can be solid light or blink. Clever.

On a side note, the Margarita stand/cart next to the Mexican Pavillion also does rainbow margaritas. Buuut, they're not that good. Haha.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

I would say that if you really like margaritas that stand in mexico has absolutly the worst margarita's at Disney World... Every Flavor Tastes the same and they use the cheapest Tequila so it ends up tasting like a watered down rubing achol-rita.... yuck

For the best Margarita's you might try the kiosks in Pleassure Island, The Maya Grill at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, The rainforest cafe has a good one i think, or you might even try the restaurant inside mexico where they might have a better one than at the yucky kiosk.

Hope that helps!

Absolutely correct. The worst Margaritas are at Mexico.

DTD is a great place. As already said the little bar just below Captain Jacks is good, but just about any real bar or restaurant can make a proper Margarita.

Tequila (does not have to be expensive, just about any old tequila will do)
Grand Marnier (some prefer Triplesec :hurl: )
Fresh Lime Juice
Simple Syrup (A little if you want it a little sweeter)

and served on the rocks.

Upvote 0

dragonfox98

Obviously I don't get out very much because I love the strawberry margaritas near the Mexican pavilion! LOL When we go in October, our first stop will be DTD and I plan to visit Capn Jacks while there - can I walk around with the rita or is that taboo?

Upvote 0

fredtom

We have three favorites...
Fiesta Margarita from the stand in Mexico, Epcot
Margarita Grande on the rocks (see photo) from San Angel Inn- Mexico, Epcot
Strawberry Margarita from Cap'n Jack's- DTD.

Muy deliciosos!

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

PSUMike

I know this may sound strange but my wife actually prefers getting a frozen margarita at the Rose & Crown (England) instead of the stand near the Mexican pavillion. She says they taste a lot better and are actually cheaper than the ones at Mexico. I order her one while I'm having a few black & tans and usually get her one when I'm leaving.

Upvote 0

Anything Disney

I would agree that Mexico has the best FROZEN margaritas. But if you really love margaritas (like I do) go to Downtown Disney. There is a little Margarita Bar kind of next to Cap'n Jacks. They have an 1800 Grand Margarita....... yummy!!! This is my fave margarita ever - EVER - and we have been known to drive to DTD after dinner some nights just so I can get it. DH gets the Rum Runner, which is light rum, dark rum, rum, rum, rum, a little bit of fruit juice, and they float Bacardi 151 Rum on top. DH prefers to have the 151 shaken in with the other rums (oh, and the splash of juice) over ice. Even though I LOVE rum, I cannot drink the Rum Runner. After a sip or two, I feel like I might fall over. :ROFLOL:

Thanks for the info! Rum and Margaritas are my drinks of choice! Cannot wait to give them a try. On separate occasions of course! :lol:

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I enjoyed a Strawberry Margarita a few weeks ago in Mexico and wow... Holy Tequila! I honestly took on a buzz from it, as it was my first drink around the world that day. It seems lately, they've added a lot more alcohol to the margaritas in the stand there in Mexico.

And to second a previous quote, the Italy Margaritas STINK!

Upvote 0

raven

I enjoyed a Strawberry Margarita a few weeks ago in Mexico and wow... Holy Tequila! I honestly took on a buzz from it, as it was my first drink around the world that day. It seems lately, they've added a lot more alcohol to the margaritas in the stand there in Mexico.

And to second a previous quote, the Italy Margaritas STINK!

That's funny, I had a frozen one the other night from Mexico and it was very watered down. Hardly any flavor at all. This was the first time I had one there and wanted to know what all the hype was about. Needless to say I didn't see it. :veryconfu

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom