Mardi Gras!!!!!!!!

DisneyWall-E

nola_hand_grenade.jpg

Cant be Mardi Gras without one of these!!!!

HouCuseChickie

I'm lucky if those b*tches make it to the table. God I love me some beignets.

Not sure if you'd be up for it...but Cafe DuMonde sells their beignet mix. While you have to get your oil temp right and keep the dough to the right thickness...they taste just like you were sitting in the FQ. I think they also sell their coffee, so you can add some cafe au lait to that mix to keep it super authentic.

Wow. That looks like a fun beverage.
I gotta get down to New Orleans before I die...a couple o' po'boys, some jambalaya, a hurricane (and apparently a hand grenade now) and a couple of Saints games....oh yeah.

And they're super easy to find on Bourbon whenever you do make it there. There's one place that has the big human hand grenade walking around advertising them and then there's a place on the other side of Bourbon that likes to pelt you with mini hand grenades as you walk by. Kind of hard to miss with that kind of advertising! :D

HouCuseChickie

I always used to wind up getting the piece of King Cake with the baby...hurt my teeth a few too many times on it...so if I eat it, I always dissect my piece first. ;)

PUSH

I always used to wind up getting the piece of King Cake with the baby...hurt my teeth a few too many times on it...so if I eat it, I always dissect my piece first. ;)

I've only ever had one cake with a baby in it. And that was in my high school French class! I didn't win it though. :( The winner got 10 points of extra credit on the final exam, I believe.

HouCuseChickie

I've only ever had one cake with a baby in it. And that was in my high school French class! I didn't win it though. :( The winner got 10 points of extra credit on the final exam, I believe.

I guess at least there was some kind of prize offered. We usually did it that the person who got a baby had to host the next party...or something like that. Not that it was a bad thing, but I would have liked to win something :) Oh well- still fun.

DisneyDebNJ

I'm lucky if those b*tches make it to the table. God I love me some beignets.
The funny part is stopping at Sassagoula Floatworks to get the beignets, then *trying* to get back to your resort without another guest on any mode of disney transportation, asking for one of them, claiming they have never tried them, but heard they were wonderful. LOL (true story!!!!) Last October, my son and I got smart, we took a cab back to the Poly!! LOL

nolatron

Can't go wrong with some King Cake and Beignets. :) I think I've had at least 5 or 6 different King Cakes now between coworkers bringing them in, family giving us one, or us just getting one cause we want some!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Not sure if you'd be up for it...but Cafe DuMonde sells their beignet mix. While you have to get your oil temp right and keep the dough to the right thickness...they taste just like you were sitting in the FQ. I think they also sell their coffee, so you can add some cafe au lait to that mix to keep it super authentic.

:D

I'm always messing around in the kitchen ...I think I may have found my next project..- I'm on it!
THANKS!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
The funny part is stopping at Sassagoula Floatworks to get the beignets, then *trying* to get back to your resort without another guest on any mode of disney transportation, asking for one of them, claiming they have never tried them, but heard they were wonderful. LOL (true story!!!!) Last October, my son and I got smart, we took a cab back to the Poly!! LOL

Look-- we didn't know each other then..I was hungry....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom