March Trip Tips Needed

gboiler1

Original Poster
My wife, DD and I will be visiting SoCal March 16-29. This will be my 7th DL visit, my wife's 3rd and our DD's 1st. Last visit was in 2000, so haven't been to CA. We are locked into DL Hotel Mar 16-20 (Sun-Thr).

We will arrive Sun afternoon. Assuming we aren't too tired, we may take a short rest at the hotel then hit DL. I'm thinking perhaps Fantasmic, Electric Parade or taking on the line at the subs to get them out of the way the first night. Thoughts?

Also, it sounds like Mon & Tues are our options for early entry. I'm guessing Tuesday may be a better choice. I base this because we may be a bit tired from our flight (Indy to LAX) and some time in the park Sunday, plus I would guess Monday's early entry is somewhat busier.

If I'm on the right track, let me know.

Thanks!

gboiler1

Original Poster
I'm hoping we'll avoid the big push of Spring Break by going early in the week. We've been to WDW at Christmas, so we're used to managing the crowds. Fortunatley we've been to WDW enough that we can skip some of the repeats and we have plenty of days available.

Any suggestions on tackling Nemo or Fantasmic on the first night?

DisneyDellsDude

Tue. would seem to be your best bet. But, be advised that week will be spring break for many of the schools out here.

My high-school band is traveling to LA for spring break, with Disneyland being one of our destinations.:D It will be my first time going there and I'm really excited, but I expect not to do too much at all. I'll just be sure to hit the E-tickets I want, probably not much more.

My family may be joining the DVC really soon, so I'm sure I'll make it there again in the future.

Rufus T Firefly

My high-school band is traveling to LA for spring break, with Disneyland being one of our destinations.:D It will be my first time going there and I'm really excited, but I expect not to do too much at all. I'll just be sure to hit the E-tickets I want, probably not much more.

If you can get there early and use Fast Pass wisely, you'll be surprised at how much you can do before the park fills up.

imagineer99

I'm heading to LA for a couple of days in early March. I've never been to Disneyland (been to WDW 20+ times).

Any tips for a WDW expert, but a Disneyland newbie? I've only got one day at the park (it's all I could convince my friends to do...), so I know DCA is out. But, what's the stuff I should do that I couldn't at DisneyWorld. Is Fantasmic different than the one at MGM (err...Hollywood Studios)? Does Indiana Jones warrant a fastpass?

What rides would you say are fastpass--worthy?

Nicole220

I'm heading to LA for a couple of days in early March. I've never been to Disneyland (been to WDW 20+ times).

Any tips for a WDW expert, but a Disneyland newbie? I've only got one day at the park (it's all I could convince my friends to do...), so I know DCA is out. But, what's the stuff I should do that I couldn't at DisneyWorld. Is Fantasmic different than the one at MGM (err...Hollywood Studios)? Does Indiana Jones warrant a fastpass?

What rides would you say are fastpass--worthy?
Indy and Space are definitely fastpass worthy!

Be sure to also check out PotC, HM, Buzz, Thunder to see the differences.

Matterhorn, Storybook Land Canal, Alice and Wonderland, Pinocchio, and Casey Jr. Train are unique to DL.

I love the Parade of Dreams, and if the fireworks are showing that night, definitely see them!!

DL's Fantasmic is better than MGM's (an opinion held by many people). Here's a video that shows the two shows together, so you can see the differences: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMna0JIHg_w

What day of the week are you going? That makes a huge difference. Weekends are horrific.

The park is always empty for the first 2-3 hours of opening. It's worth it to wake up early and get there at opening. Almost everything will be a walk on.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :wave:

imagineer99

Indy and Space are definitely fastpass worthy!

Be sure to also check out PotC, HM, Buzz, Thunder to see the differences.

Matterhorn, Storybook Land Canal, Alice and Wonderland, Pinocchio, and Casey Jr. Train are unique to DL.

I love the Parade of Dreams, and if the fireworks are showing that night, definitely see them!!

DL's Fantasmic is better than MGM's (an opinion held by many people). Here's a video that shows the two shows together, so you can see the differences: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMna0JIHg_w

What day of the week are you going? That makes a huge difference. Weekends are horrific.

The park is always empty for the first 2-3 hours of opening. It's worth it to wake up early and get there at opening. Almost everything will be a walk on.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :wave:

Thanks! Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to head to DL on a Sunday, but I can't help it.

I plan on being there at opening and hitting the Nemo Subs first. I'm guessing than SpaceMountain, than Indy, than Splash...

Good Plan?

Rufus T Firefly

Thanks! Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to head to DL on a Sunday, but I can't help it.

I plan on being there at opening and hitting the Nemo Subs first. I'm guessing than SpaceMountain, than Indy, than Splash...

Good Plan?

I would grab Fast Passes at Space before hitting Nemo.

Nicole220

I would grab Fast Passes at Space before hitting Nemo.
Agreed.

Then hit Indy, then Splash.

If you and your group don't mind sitting in separate logs, then you can use the single rider line for Splash. It's almost always a walk on. My friends and I use it every time so we don't have to wait in the huge line.

imagineer99

Thanks for the help.

This may seem like a random question, but I'm trying to determine a place to stay in the LA area. Normally, I would just stay around Disneyland, but I doubt my friends will go for that as they want to see the generic "Hollwyood" sightseeing stuff as well.

So, any ideas for an affordable and decent hotel in west hollywood or a similar area?

Disneyfalcon

Imagineer I've stayed at the Hilton by Universal and it's a great place to stay. You'll feel in the middle of a lot of things. I've also stayed at the Renaissance in Hollywood which is awesome - but not cheap. Then for cheaper but close to everything you can try the Best Western on Highland. It was nothing special but good location and clean.

Disneyfalcon

IRoc the weather in March is a litte unpredictable. It's cool in the mornings and evenings (jacket or sweatshirt) and then if the suns out during the day it can be quite warm.

It can also rain a decent amount in March so be forewarned there.

imagineer99

THanks for the input DisneyFalcon.

I ending up getting a GREAT deal with the Anaheim HoJo--so hopefully it'll be okay (it's only for two nights) ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom