March 2011 Roll Call

docdebbi

myself, daughter, son in law and my TWO grandsons, age 20 months and 7 DAYS OLD TODAY ! splitting visit cbr/pirate room (for the 20 month old who likes pirates) and then poly (for the adults who like luxury!). be there march 26-april 2

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
myself, daughter, son in law and my TWO grandsons, age 20 months and 7 DAYS OLD TODAY ! splitting visit cbr/pirate room (for the 20 month old who likes pirates) and then poly (for the adults who like luxury!). be there march 26-april 2

great news! hope you enjoy your trip!

I'm there for the last day of the ESPN weekend and the Ecpot Flower Festival... I wonder how bad the crowds will be?

Upvote 0

stefan74

My mom and I will be staying at the Beach Club Resort March 3-11. Based on Disney's rate seasons, we are smack dab in the middle of two Peak Seasons. I am hoping it is not too crowded since it will be Mardi Gras in Louisiana.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I've always been at Disney from late May through August so there's no way March can be worse than summer holiday months.

Spring Break will be starting for many in March, hence the crazy crowd levels. I know our Spring Break up here in Canada is the week of March 15-19 for many of us, so expect the parks to be packed with MANY Canadian Spring Breakers that week. This will be our 4th trip down during our Spring Break and I know what to expect luckily. Although the parks are busy, we utilize fast pass and EMH and just try and relax and enjoy our vacation.

We will be staying at Pop again in March from March 12 until the 22nd. Can't get here quick enough!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Spring Break will be starting for many in March, hence the crazy crowd levels. I know our Spring Break up here in Canada is the week of March 15-19 for many of us, so expect the parks to be packed with MANY Canadian Spring Breakers that week. This will be our 4th trip down during our Spring Break and I know what to expect luckily. Although the parks are busy, we utilize fast pass and EMH and just try and relax and enjoy our vacation.

We will be staying at Pop again in March from March 12 until the 22nd. Can't get here quick enough!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

touring plans.com doesnt show that many crowds, at least at the begining of the month (im staying 6-11), one week after we leave they have all the parks rated at 9/10 crowd levels.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

oh, ddbowdoin, i hope you are right. i usually go sept/oct and it's great, but have a conference in march, so no choice on timing. have been worried about crowds as i've also been there in july madness. i would love to think it won't be that bad and you are right.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
oh, ddbowdoin, i hope you are right. i usually go sept/oct and it's great, but have a conference in march, so no choice on timing. have been worried about crowds as i've also been there in july madness. i would love to think it won't be that bad and you are right.

I have an account at TP, along with what friends have told me... early March is ok... late March and you're smack dab in the middle of college spring break. Not many colleges have break during the first week of March. I think we'll be OK!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

touring plans.com doesnt show that many crowds, at least at the begining of the month (im staying 6-11), one week after we leave they have all the parks rated at 9/10 crowd levels.

Maybe they don't start filling up until our Spring Break then, the following week. Like I said, the week we are going (the day after you leave, we arrive) is Canadian Spring Break for most of us up here and I know from my three previous trips during that week, the parks are absolutely PACKED to the hilt. But we make the best of it and actually enjoy being there with all our fellow Canadian Spring Breakers! :p

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Maybe they don't start filling up until our Spring Break then, the following week. Like I said, the week we are going (the day after you leave, we arrive) is Canadian Spring Break for most of us up here and I know from my three previous trips during that week, the parks are absolutely PACKED to the hilt. But we make the best of it and actually enjoy being there with all our fellow Canadian Spring Breakers! :p

I am hoping that I am right... I am looking forward to lower crowds. One of my days TP has DHS rated as a 0.8 out 10 for crowd levels! I'm ok with 20 minute waits, when I was at WDW in late May 2010 all of the mountains were 90 plus... thats a buzz kill!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I am hoping that I am right... I am looking forward to lower crowds. One of my days TP has DHS rated as a 0.8 out 10 for crowd levels! I'm ok with 20 minute waits, when I was at WDW in late May 2010 all of the mountains were 90 plus... thats a buzz kill!

Oh man...we had 200 minute waits for some attractions when we were down there for our March 2009 Spring Break trip! Talk about crazy!!! :brick:I haven't even got a chance to ride Toy Story Mania yet due to crowds. The lines were at least 200 minutes each day we were there and Fast Passes were all gone before we even got to the park each time (early morning usually too). Maybe this March!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Oh man...we had 200 minute waits for some attractions when we were down there for our March 2009 Spring Break trip! Talk about crazy!!! :brick:I haven't even got a chance to ride Toy Story Mania yet due to crowds. The lines were at least 200 minutes each day we were there and Fast Passes were all gone before we even got to the park each time (early morning usually too). Maybe this March!!! :sohappy:

Yeah, I'm hoping that I am completely missing the spring break crowd. We'll see... I think I'll be safe. I had the same experience with TSM this past May. First day in the fastpasses were gone by 930AM and the waits were 120-200 minutes. I can't see how March could be worse then summer months, the KIDS are all out versus college kids.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom