Marathon Weekend

MKCP 1985

Best of luck - no matter how fast or "not so fast" :p have a great time!

This will be my first time in 4 years not to be down there for a race, so eat some pasta and say cheese to the cameras for me! :wave:

Monorail Lime

Best of luck, especially to you first-timers! :sohappy:

I look forward to being a first-timer at the 2013 Walt Disney World Marathon!

Kristia

Good luck to everyone!! Wish I was there this year! Can't wait to read some race reports and to see your medals!

flynnibus

Premium Member
my wife and inlaws are down there running... been following them with the text updates of their split times and finishes directly from the race. It's a cool system :)

Figment82

Congrats to everyone who participated in the races this weekend - you are all amazing!

My friend, boyfriend and I completed our first (and most likely last :) ) marathon and it was an awesome mix of fun and pain. I couldn't be more proud of my boyfriend, who went into the race dealing with a cold and then suffered through pain in his hip that started at mile 11. He almost stopped 4 times but persevered. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a few months ago, so it's been a learning curve for me. We wore our medals with pride! I'm so glad we did it but I think we'll be sticking with halves from now on.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Congrats to everyone who participated in the races this weekend - you are all amazing!

My friend, boyfriend and I completed our first (and most likely last :) ) marathon and it was an awesome mix of fun and pain. I couldn't be more proud of my boyfriend, who went into the race dealing with a cold and then suffered through pain in his hip that started at mile 11. He almost stopped 4 times but persevered. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a few months ago, so it's been a learning curve for me. We wore our medals with pride! I'm so glad we did it but I think we'll be sticking with halves from now on.
Congrats!

Glad yall stuck with it and finished! :wave:

Mad Stitch

I just got home from WDW. I finished my first half marathon in 2:39:24. I would have never guessed I'd finish that fast, I was thinking more like 2:45:00 - 3:00:00. I'm more happy that I was able to run the whole race with no walking. The best part was turning the corner onto main street with the castle ahead and all the cheering people.

surfsupdon

Thanks for the well wishes!! I think we all had a blast this weekend--beautiful weather and very low crowds. And an awesome race with tons of people cheering and running with you.

Had my personal best time: 1:44.30 WOOHOOOO!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom